Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Humanity Farming in the depth and short cut.

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Humanity Farming in the depth and short cut. Empty Humanity Farming in the depth and short cut.

Post by ted1023 Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:46 am

Lately while helping people get through the lvls, I have been asked about Farming humanity. Even though there are tons of Videos I decided to make one using the short cut. Please review and let me know if I missed somthing or screwed up..lol
    https://youtu.be/Jy9c25rV3qk
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Humanity Farming in the depth and short cut. Empty Re: Humanity Farming in the depth and short cut.

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Hmm, not a bad haul. That's a better farming method that I expected. I still prefer the skele-babies though--all you have to do is stand there and let them come to you indefinitely! You get about the same amount of humanities from babies in that amount of time (maybe a bit more) but you do get a lot more souls too. Mostly, though, I just prefer it because you can stand there, turn your brain off, and hack away at everything, rather than do a complicated run.

Good video, though. Very useful for people who don't have access to the skele-babies yet.
    befowler
    befowler

Humanity Farming in the depth and short cut. Empty Re: Humanity Farming in the depth and short cut.

Post by befowler Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 pm

The Depths are my favorite spot for humanity farming. My variations on the run are:

1) Use a claymore. The 1hd attack can kill an entire group of smaller rats in one swing if you position yourself right and hit them in the tails as they all turn away from you.

2) Only farm the two major nests at the beginning of your route (the ones where you pick up the greataxe, and then the 3-4 down the stairs past the rat in a box trap). Then turn around and run back to the bonfire to reset. I know you included the shortcut in here purpose, but my experience is that it's a little more efficient to just hit the first two groups; that way you don't need to deal with the two annoying groups of giant rats by the stairs near where the channeler was and down near where Kirk invades, and you can leave a summoning sign down at the bonfire the entire time if you are also getting humanity/souls from runs on gaping dragon. Otherwise your sign disappears either down the shortcut staircase or out past the channeler I think.

You can also do surprisingly well with the gold ring on the nest below the sunlight altar bonfire. I just jump/roll down instead of using the ladder, hit 'em with a spear as they bunch up at the sort of doorway thing, and then climb up and reset. Less change of scenery though
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Rats are probably better if you need 10-20 humanities or so. But if you want like 50 in one sitting, I still think the skele-babies are the way to go.
    jagger_1243
    jagger_1243
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jagger_1243 Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:07 pm

skely babys all day!
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:51 pm

The skelebabies are a pain to get to imo and you need to be very active so the humanities doesnt perish.

I basically do the depths run but just do the first two groups (corner and first stairs) group and then back to bonfire for rinse and repeat (symbol of avarice and a sweeping weapon makes such as halberd/partizan makes each run very quick and productive, my max hit is 6 humanities out of 10 rats in one run).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 am