Is it wrong too.......

    Share
    avatar
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-13
    Age : 44
    Location : In the dust cloud of a dead Star.

    Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Bioraptor on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 pm

    disconect when you are invaded and the invader is lagging?.I do not me the little lag,I mean the lag where they are telleportting all over your screen.I have been hosting at the Burg to night and for most invasions they were fine.But I had two where one was flashing all over my screen.When they spawned they float down the stairs and like a jack in the box pop up in the middle of the duel area.The other invasion I was hit (half my health gone) before I even saw them on my screen then like before he\she spawned infront of me in the duel area and finished me off before I knew what was happening.....Do they know they are lagging?Can you see it yourself when you lag.....I have a fibre optic ISP and have never seen myself do **** that I saw to night.But yeah I just now disconect and if they ask me why?.I tell them why...Is this wrong?.What would you do or what have you done when faced with this amount of lag........Sorry for the wall of text guy's and have a great new year.......


    _________________


    XBL : CelestialSpiral
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Djem on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 am

    It's not wrong to disconnect while the other person is spiking, really. It's nobodies fault.
    avatar
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-13
    Age : 44
    Location : In the dust cloud of a dead Star.

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Bioraptor on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:33 am

    Djem wrote:It's not wrong to disconnect while the other person is spiking, really. It's nobodies fault.
    I guess your right but I got a few heated text from a few invaders and it got me thinking if I was doing the right thing by disconecting.Also to answer my own question to weither or not people see themselfs lag?.I take it they dont as if they did they would not send heated text my way for dashboarding.....Also just to make a point I will only do this when invaders are spiking......


    _________________


    XBL : CelestialSpiral

    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 785
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-07-31

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Nybbles on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:57 pm

    i've only disconnected after being invaded and the dark wraith ran off and hid somewhere in the level ahead of me. he refused to come out and fight. so after a few minutes of being really bored i pulled the plug.

    they called me a chicken afterwards.
    avatar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-06-14

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by passivefamiliar on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 pm

    Usually i never have time to disconnect when lag like that hits, i usually just die. But when i do have time, i would too.

    And i've had the random inavader do that thing to nybbles, guy ran past me down the elevator in the dlc area. I went after him, the coward. He was waiting at the bottom with the dragon bow, lamest tactic ever! Next time he invaded me and ran for the same attempt. I went, hid myself and walked away. I hope he sat there for a long long time waiting. I was gone a hour or so before i came back still alive, i quit the game without looking for him though.


    _________________
    PSN id: Passivefamiliar


    pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    avatar
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-13
    Age : 44
    Location : In the dust cloud of a dead Star.

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Bioraptor on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:37 pm

    Thank's guy's after reading your reply's I do not feel like I was in the wrong.And your right usaly you do not get the time to disconect when faced with a lot of lag but luck as it I am no more then a foot away from my xbox and router so I just power off.....As to invaders who run off and bait you into dueling on there terms also anoys the hell out of me too.I just stand my ground.They have 2 options BkCrystel out or come duel me......


    _________________


    XBL : CelestialSpiral
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:43 pm

    I think the time you take disconnecting then re-booting is not worth the time the 15 sec fight would take.

    But that's just me. Shrug

    avatar
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-13
    Age : 44
    Location : In the dust cloud of a dead Star.

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Bioraptor on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 pm

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I think the time you take disconnecting then re-booting is not worth the time the 15 sec fight would take.

    But that's just me.
    I know what you mean but to me loseing my souls and humanity to a player who is lagging just does not sit well.It feels like I have lost a fight that was unfair.I feel cheated.So I do not mind that time it takes to keep my sanity...


    _________________


    XBL : CelestialSpiral
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by WandererReece on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm

    Bioraptor wrote:Do they know they are lagging?Can you see it yourself when you lag?

    Actually you can sometimes. Once I dueled a guy in the burg. On my screen he successfully dodged my attack, and then took damage from the attack a sec or 2 later.

    Once I was dueled in the rullette. (Yukon should has a vid on the thread.) On my screen it looked like my first attack was an impossible backstab. I haven't seen the vid yet, so I don't know how it looks on it. It made me think, "OMG what did I do?" Poor guy, I'm about 90% certain I lagstabed him.

    EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NdsC9-HjE_k

    The hit in question is at about 1:20 - 1:30. It doesn't look as laggy as I remember, but it seems a little laggy.

    Also, it isn't wrong to disconnect.


    _________________
    avatar
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-13
    Age : 44
    Location : In the dust cloud of a dead Star.

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Bioraptor on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:26 pm

    WandererReece wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:Do they know they are lagging?Can you see it yourself when you lag?

    Actually you can sometimes. Once I dueled a guy in the burg. On my screen he successfully dodged my attack, and then took damage from the attack a sec or 2 later.

    Once I was dueled in the rullette. (Yukon should has a vid on the thread.) It made me think, "OMG what did I do?" Poor guy, I'm about 90% certain I lagstabed him.

    EDIT: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NdsC9-HjE_k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NdsC9-HjE_k[/quote[/url]]

    Yeah I saw the jittyness of the player.An that BS was crazy,the player was sucked in and snapped round straight onto the blade......Like mine though they were a lot worse.You would see them in one area and then the next they are some where else.....An I so wish I had caught the invasion where I was hit lost half my health so I chug away on my flask thinking WTF and as I am doing this the invader spawns infront of me like jake in the box and finishes me off with a blast of dragon breath.All this happend in the blink of an eye...It was crazy


    _________________


    XBL : CelestialSpiral
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:30 am

    If lag is REALLY bad, and they are using it to their advantage, i will usually just suicide off a ledge. DCing comes off as "awww, did they really want that 1 humanity that much?", while just suiciding off a ledge is more "hmm i wonder why they did that?".

    Also if someone is extremely laggy, and it stays consistant adding them to your block list seems to help. I had heard mixed things about that, but it works for me. I don't think it makes it impossible for you to be paired with them, but far less likely. Unfourtunetly i have like 50 Japanese players on my block list cause of this, it actually helped me start getting paired with more players from my region it seemed though(especially in the burg).

    It's a shame, i wish i could play with Asian players but the lag is just horrible most of the time. I often have bad connections with people from Europe also, although not usually as bad as with Asian players. It sucks that we will not be able to play with anyone in the world, but i'm overall glad that Dark Souls 2 will have dedicated servers for different regions.
    avatar
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-13
    Age : 44
    Location : In the dust cloud of a dead Star.

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Bioraptor on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 am

    FruitPunchNinja wrote:If lag is REALLY bad, and they are using it to their advantage, i will usually just suicide off a ledge. DCing comes off as "awww, did they really want that 1 humanity that much?", while just suiciding off a ledge is more "hmm i wonder why they did that?".

    Also if someone is extremely laggy, and it stays consistant adding them to your block list seems to help. I had heard mixed things about that, but it works for me. I don't think it makes it impossible for you to be paired with them, but far less likely. Unfourtunetly i have like 50 Japanese players on my block list cause of this, it actually helped me start getting paired with more players from my region it seemed though(especially in the burg).

    It's a shame, i wish i could play with Asian players but the lag is just horrible most of the time. I often have bad connections with people from Europe also, although not usually as bad as with Asian players. It sucks that we will not be able to play with anyone in the world, but i'm overall glad that Dark Souls 2 will have dedicated servers for different regions.
    Your 1st quote holds a lot of sense.I may try to do this instead,like you say if they do not know they are lagging and I keep DCing they are going to think Im a coward.As to the block feature for Xbox I tend to not bother blocking as I belived it was a placebo.Will try it more offten and see what happens....As too DkS II servers I really can not wait.It will give players a stable platform to show there true skill and duel(s) will be won fair based off this and not bad connections....


    _________________


    XBL : CelestialSpiral

    Sponsored content

    Re: Is it wrong too.......

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am