Sovereign

Re: Fastest way to level a new toon?

Post by Emergence on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 pm

masterofcheese wrote:Or you can do it like the pro's:

Step 1: Enter Forest Covenant
    Step 2: Equip Ring
    Step 3: Go to sleep leaving your game on all night
    Step 4: Profit

Pro Tip #247: Kindle bonfires to waste humanity before attempting ProFarm!

Don't do this. It distorts the Forest covenant and idlers make it a tremendous headache for legit forest hunters who get summoned to a gangbang and get no help. You are also letting someone else do all the work for you if you idle.

Tacky.

Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon

masterofcheese

Post by masterofcheese on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Emergence wrote:
    masterofcheese wrote:Or you can do it like the pro's:

Step 1: Enter Forest Covenant
    Step 2: Equip Ring
    Step 3: Go to sleep leaving your game on all night
    Step 4: Profit

Pro Tip #247: Kindle bonfires to waste humanity before attempting ProFarm!

Don't do this. It distorts the Forest covenant and idlers make it a tremendous headache for legit forest hunters who get summoned to a gangbang and get no help. You are also letting someone else do all the work for you if you idle.

Tacky.

Yeah just in-case you didn't catch it when I posted that. It was sarcasm winking. It's very annoying. If you are going to do anything just run to the Bear Cat arena and practice getting up on the cat spawn then lure the gankers there. Most skilled players can't make the jump so gankers won't get you up there if you have a bow and some dung pies. Bonus of this... they cant get forest cov invaders when on that side of the forest. Only DM and DW. So you are wasting their time the longer they stay there messing with you. If you get enough poisons off they will waste all their estus and disconnect. Its very satisfying to grief a gank squad happy.

I regularly do this, at times I have had a gank squad scamble below me wasting DSArrows in a futile attempt to thwart me. I had one guy last night try for a solid hour to get up there. Probably wasted all his poison/toxin cures from all the poison arrows and dung pies. Eventually his phantom left and he ran away and disconnected. They didn't send me any hate mail sadly. Probably because they knew I won happy. But just knowing they are on the other end of the line raging and getting frustrated is enough for me.
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 pm

If I need to level a new toon fast I usually go straight to the Painted World, opens the shortcut and farms the Phalanxes. Fireballs, curved sword and flame weapons kills them in no-time. Pick up the silver serpent ring and symbol of avarice to level faster.

laezyre
    Regular
    Regular

Post by laezyre on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:07 am

Where is the bear cat arena?
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:11 am

The place with the 3 rollings cats are. Facing the tower Alvina is in go right along the ledge and down and you should see a bridge, across it and past the woods is the location. Below the bridge is the hydra and a ladder from the hydra.

I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 pm