Holy low-level action!

Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Holy low-level action!

Post by Back Lot Basher on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm doing a playthrough at level 12, and a couple of days ago I was looking to find people to help with Artorias. Got connected with two at once. Never thought I'd find a soul at that level.

Then, in the Township, I got summoned by three different people in a row, with no more than a 5 minute wait. One of them said she never goes above level 11 because it sucks the challenge out of the game. Are a lot more people playing the game at lower levels, or was this just a coincidence?

bl0odyMe5s
    Casual
    Casual

Re: Holy low-level action!

Post by bl0odyMe5s on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm lvl4/no shield/no armor/no heal/Calamity Ring all day with one of my characters. Yesterday I beat Manus on ng+/no silver pendant of course. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like there are a lot of people doing challenge runs on Dark Souls lately O:

I was just about to give an update for my thread but now that I'm here - if you want to see Manus ng+ at sl4 with the restrictions mentioned above, have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hIWurhzIPc
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 pm

I still run through the game with my SL1 toon when i feel like it. Currently at NG+14. Good times. =)

bl0odyMe5s
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bl0odyMe5s on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:24 pm

At which cycle does the game stop getting harder? I feel like I read something about ng+7 but I never bothered going that far.
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:28 pm

bl0odyMe5s wrote:At which cycle does the game stop getting harder? I feel like I read something about ng+7 but I never bothered going that far.

Yes, it stops scaling at NG+7. Anything after that is just the same difficulty level.
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:45 pm

bl0odyMe5s wrote:I'm lvl4/no shield/no armor/no heal/Calamity Ring all day with one of my characters. Yesterday I beat Manus on ng+/no silver pendant of course. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like there are a lot of people doing challenge runs on Dark Souls lately O:

I was just about to give an update for my thread but now that I'm here - if you want to see Manus ng+ at sl4 with the restrictions mentioned above, have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hIWurhzIPc

Wow, talk about a throwback to the 8-bit days. That was impressive, bro. I had to give you a rep point for that. Thanks for sharing!

bl0odyMe5s
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bl0odyMe5s on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:27 pm

throwback to the 8-bit days...I'm touched^^
    lol it would be really funny to fight manus ng+ with a bunch of naked guys equipped with only their starting class weapons XD

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm seeing summon signs with my SL 6 at New Londo and Anor as well. And, my SL 6 rarely has an invasion fail.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Been thinking of doing a low level run, which class, other than Pyro, would you guys recommend? Not sure what level I want to stay, just know that I won't go over ten.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Warrior is a good all around class.

Sorcerer is probably the most challenging to start, lowest total stats.

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:51 pm

SL 12 is the ideal level for summons/invasions as you can go as low as 1 and as high as what like 23? maybe 24?

I might need to make a level 12 in that case. Though the thought of obtaining enough Pyro hands is bleahg (one to fully up, one to keep like +5 for legit hosts/invades and one somewhere in between in case I get co-op at like O&S)

What would you say the most effective soul farming is? Probably taking a Chaos weapon to Darkwraiths, as you get the added benefit of farming slabs.

I find Wanderer to be a blast cause you get a spell(usefull) and it is the only class that starts with an attunment slot AND can hold a BSS
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 pm

You can also to the forest trick where the enemies jump off the ledge. That nets you some pretty good souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 pm