Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WyrmHero
Slarg232
6 posters

Are we SURE Resistance does nothing for PVP?

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Are we SURE Resistance does nothing for PVP? Empty Are we SURE Resistance does nothing for PVP?

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 pm

I'm seriously questioning the claim that Resistance is worthless in PVP. Why have a stat and then make it useless for half (Invades and all) the content? Dark Souls is all about learning what doesn't work, but I don't, I just can't, beleive that they would make one stat such a noob trap....

What kind of testing has been done with Resistance?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Are we SURE Resistance does nothing for PVP? Empty Re: Are we SURE Resistance does nothing for PVP?

Post by WyrmHero Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Try on mugenmonkey you'll see how low the defense increases with Res.
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Are we SURE Resistance does nothing for PVP? Empty Re: Are we SURE Resistance does nothing for PVP?

Post by Joichiro Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:34 pm

i heard that after the patch the resistance stats was reworked and they add a new modifier or something like that...
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 pm

What about that fatal hit thing and the additional 1 damage off per point?
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:56 am

Its extremely useful for pve but not pvp me and reaperfan (i think) did some test's on a thread i made awhile back and resistance is a god stat for pve/co-op but offers very little benefit outside of poison resistance for pvp. But as sombody mentioned above ive also heard that there was somthing added in the last patch for the res stat... never got around to figuring out what it is exactly.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:12 am

T-King-667 wrote:Its extremely useful for pve but not pvp me and reaperfan (i think) did some test's on a thread i made awhile back and resistance is a god stat for pve/co-op but offers very little benefit outside of poison resistance for pvp. But as sombody mentioned above ive also heard that there was somthing added in the last patch for the res stat... never got around to figuring out what it is exactly.
    Although now that i think about it. Ive made a mildred cos-play video awhile back and i had 60 vit and 30 res and i was able to handle quite a beating. You can watch it here if you like.
    EDIT: i completely forgot at the time of the recording of that vid my vit was only at 42 not only was i out lvled by my opponents and the fact i was naked but i wasent even at my targeted sl. So i think res may cause i decent benefit in pvp aswel, i may do some testing...
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:15 pm

I would offer you help with testing, but your PS3, while i'm Xbox sad

Might have to just conduct my own series of tests...
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 pm

What I find is that resistance seems to work like humanity (or used to,) in that it gives you a point of defense that you would get leveling up. Say you level up, and you get 2 points of defense, not leveling resistance. Level up resistance instead, and you get 4 points of defense.

This explains why, for me, resistance seems to be more useful at lower levels, because it does jack sh*t at higher levels, even though I have not touched resistance at all.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 pm

The game wasn't designed through a PvP prism, keep that in mind.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Of course

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am