Preperations you make!?

DeltronSeven

Preperations you make!?

Post by DeltronSeven on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:37 pm

So lately me and a friend have been playing Dark Souls together on the same machine and i have noticed how very differently he prepares for areas in the game.
    For example TotG, he gets a blunt weapon of his choice and upgrades it all the way to divine +9 only for that area (he gets a different one for the catacombs as well).
    He does that for every area in the game very thoroughly with armor, weapons, items and spells ect. as well.
    Me on the other side i decide for one or two weapons and the other stuff, i want to use the entire game and one upgrade path.
    So i was just wondering how other chosen undeads do it?

Revived
    Revived

Re: Preperations you make!?

Post by The Letter X on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:40 pm

I play through the game with the same one or two weapons the whole time, generally what I use for PvP at the time. The only exception is that I pull out a greatshield and two-hand it for Bed of Chaos.

I never change my armor because I like looking good all the time.

The only things I change constantly are rings for co-op purposes.

Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Well whenever I get ready to invade in an area I remove my armor and run through it dodging everything around, I make it to the end, then run back to my invasion spot. I do that just to give myself a refresher on the area and what a host may face.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:00 pm

kill havel asap with an unupgraded reinforced club(bleed and stunlock is awesome) to get the ring then go to btown to get the wanderer set(too good to pass up) and a quick trip to the hollow to get the cloranthy ring then to the forest to get wolf ring just in case. i use havel's and cloranthy only with grass crest shield. cooop a little enough to get to 10 humanity if i havent found any then it depends, if im going quality build i farm for a scimitar(or flachion) with combustion and upgraded it to +14 asap which doensnt take long, about an hour then start leveling up dex only till i get to 40 then i level up end. if im going str i upgrade a reinforced club to +14 asap and get str to 27 the i level up end. that's pretty much it.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm

I always prepare my equipment accordingly to the area I'm about to visit.
    Attune spells that enemies are weak for, or will protect me.
    Equip weapons that will be most effective and armor giving me protection against hazards in there.
    Purchase enough consumable items, of the type needed in the location.

I always try to have one weapon on +15, Fire+10, Lightning+5 and Divine+10 (only for Catacombs if the character isn't Faith build) of the same type.

I try to be PvP capable asap, even if it means spamming TWoP + WoG and ganking. It's simply because I have absolutely no intention to do PvP unless my build is fully prepared and will do anything to get rid of my invaders asap.

I also try to get summoned at least 5 times in the area and then summoning up to two phantoms to clear the area with myself.

That's more, or less how I play the whole game.

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:29 pm

I don't prepare for tomb of the giants. I just make do with whichever weapons I can to get to the first bonfire, then I run past all the skeleton dogs

EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:52 pm

To prepare for tomb of the giants, I grab teh sunlight maggot. And I also grab the greatsword, made it fire +10. The dogs stood no chance, as the 2 handed r2 plugs the dogs right out of aggro range. 1-shot kill. I got so many friend requests co-oping there.

Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:21 am

I usually play through the game with 4 or 5 different types of melee weapons in my inventory, and upgrade them all to just before a slab is necessary. Just so I can continue to try out new things. I'll usually end up having chosen 1 or 2 by mid-game, that I use more than the others, and upgrade them fully, depending on what I end up feeling the most comfortable with, and what ends up suiting my build the best. I also always carry a spear and a bow, regardless of whether or not I'm actively equipping entirely different things. You never know when a spear or bow will come in handy.

Also, if my toon can use them, I generally will carry a great shield along with a mid sized shield. For example, in my most current playthrough I'm carrying an occult GA, standard Demon GA, Grant, standard Lucern, divine Pike, standard Composite Bow, standard Avelynn, SKSh, and Giant's Shield. I like variety.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:25 am

Easy, i take a deep breath and then rush in, hoping that i'll survive. To be more specific, i don't really prepare, i just work on a character in a roleplaying kind of way, not preparing much at all, except for that ''take a deep breath'' part, which i actually do... Atleast for ToG.

The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Easy, i take a deep breath and then rush in, hoping that i'll survive. To be more specific, i don't really prepare, i just work on a character in a roleplaying kind of way, not preparing much at all, except for that ''take a deep breath'' part, which i actually do... Atleast for ToG.

That's what I do for Bed of Chaos, but it's probably more so to calm myself down from my previous deaths.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:50 am