Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
XachAttack
DoughGuy
LunarFog
Shakie666
8 posters

They missed a trick with the manus catalyst.

Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

They missed a trick with the manus catalyst. Empty They missed a trick with the manus catalyst.

Post by Shakie666 Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:54 am

At the minute, lets be honest, its not terribly useful, its weight and the worse magadjust than the TCC make it basically worthless (not to mention you have to give up pursuers to get it). The most notably of its stats is its high (for a catalyst) AR.

You might be thinking at this point "why is this notable?" It isn't, currently. However, what they should have done is give it REALLY high AR (for a catalyst), say 550 or so at 40 str. That way, it'd be a viable melee weapon that you could use as a catalyst in a pinch. If it was like this, then we might actually see it used. Instead, it ranks alongside the blue tearstone and tiny being's rings in terms of usefulness (i.e. zero).

What does everyone else think?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

They missed a trick with the manus catalyst. Empty Re: They missed a trick with the manus catalyst.

Post by LunarFog Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:09 am

Just skimmed through it's page on the wiki. It says that it has some kind of bonus for dark magic that makes it stronger than Tin crystal
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

They missed a trick with the manus catalyst. Empty Re: They missed a trick with the manus catalyst.

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:41 am

The catalyst scales with STR for dark magics and stunlocks pretty well I believe. Its not useless its just not the best AFAIK.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:46 pm

The dark magic bonus only makes a difference with high str, the TCC is still better for strength below about 25 I think. Also, it may be able to stunlock, but you won't be doing that much damage in the time the opponent is stunlocked. I wish it did, because at the minute, I've yet to see anyone actually using it.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Pfft, viable weapons are for nerds, using that thing to smash people is hilarious!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:45 pm

I've actually been throwing around the idea of making a heavy armor STR/INT hybrid and making use of the Manus Catalyst, dark magic, and some kind of heavy weapon that I haven't chosen yet. If you're planning on investing enough into STR to use something heavy anyway, than it might be worthwhile to use the MC over the TCC. Most of the dark magics don't have a huge INT requirement to use, so you could just go for the base INT requirement for Pursuers and then focus on tank stats like VIT, END, and STR. You don't have to sacrifice Pursuers for it. You just have to play into a second run to attain both. Takes awhile, but isn't so impossible that it isn't worth doing. You could throw the MC into a secondary offhand slot, use it to stunlock when you have it out for casting, then bash them with your primary weapon while they're stunned. All that considered, it doesn't seem very useless to me. Most weapons have some kind of use if you put your mind to it.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Well this helps me decide, I'll get Pursuers instead of the catalyst.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Does it still give the bonus if you two hand it, or is the high strength stat required?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:37 pm

The Mauns Catalyst actually has a hidden modifier that boosts the physical damage of Dark Sorceries based on the caster's Str stat on top of the base power of its Magic Adjust. As long as you're pumping Str into a hybrid build and sticking to Dark Sorceries, it's actually just as powerful, if not more so, than the TCC due to this modifier. I'll admit it's not good for anything except the hybrid build, but I have to say my Dark Sorcerer character has easily been my favorite build I've made since the DLC hit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm