Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Djem
Buggy Virus
Serious_Much
eminusx
Seignar
9 posters

...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination...

Poll

What do you think?

[ 6 ]
    ...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... I_vote_lcap86%...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... I_vote_rcap [86%] 
    [ 0 ]
    ...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... I_vote_lcap0%...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    ...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... I_vote_lcap0%...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    ...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... I_vote_lcap14%...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... I_vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... Empty ...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination...

Post by Seignar Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:19 am

"You shall obtain the Boss Soul and the power that is beyond human imagination"
    Long story short; Boss Soul consumption needs to be stronger. All it grants is some rather...miserable amount of souls in comparison to what the boss provides. For this reason it is best for players to hold on to them and so that alternative option is never really there...

So I think that Boss Soul consumption should do 2 things:

1) Fully heal the player
    2) Provide a super buff

Now, what I mean by super buff is something that is really deadly. Big buffs that justify that 1 time usage and give players to reason to consume boss souls for that edge. For example:

Smough's Soul would provide a regeneration of 50HP per second for 1 minute.
    Queelag's Souls would increase pyromancy damage by 50%.
    Sanctuary Guardian's Soul would provide 80% resistance to lightning for 30 seconds.
    ...and etc, etc.

What do you think? Would it break PvE if everyone just stacked these and then just let loose all that power on the final boss? Or would this be a great new "tool" for the player?
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... Empty Re: ...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination...

Post by eminusx Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 am

Yeah I like the buff idea provided there is plenty of other useful stuff you could do with a Boss soul, strategically you'd have to think wisely about when to use it as you only have one, obviously, so it should make a clear difference.

I think the boss souls should be used in more versatile ways, maybe they could be used to access an offlimits area, kinda like artorias' seal in Darkroot. The area could be a shortcut or simply contain something useful, loot, another bonfire maybe? Perhaps the boss soul unlocks a door to a covenant specific basilica or sanctuary area that historically relates to the boss somehow in the lore, a fabled battle between a covenant legend and the boss, maybe the world itself holds clues as to which boss soul is related to which covenant and figuring it out for yourself and gaining access wins you a +1 or additional bonus related to your covenant?

Last edited by eminusx on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination... Empty Re: ...and with this soul...a power beyond human imagination...

Post by Serious_Much Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 am

I'd rather they brought back what they had in demons souls, every boss soul could be used for something.

I want every boss soul to yield a good weapon (or more if appropriate), one of each magic, or when consumed souls AND humanity or whatever the equivalent next game.

I'm not sure about buffs and stuff (why not receive magics that are buffs), as they are souls same as ones we get from normal people, healing wouldn't make sense, but making them give humanity like a fire keeper soul would be a good idea methinks (especially for newbies who never have enough humanity)
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:13 am

They would be cool as buffs, and having some other effect to actually make them valuable, but something like 50 HP per second for a minute is a bit ridiculous. . .
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 pm

It would ruin PvP. It's a great idea for a single player only game though.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:57 pm

I agree that the boss souls in Dark were a lot less useful than in
    DeS. The bosses lost a lot of the flair and just didn't seem as strong or important as they had in DeS because of it. The buffs, though, would unbalance pvp and pve too much, though. Min-maxing and specializing, if done recklessly, can make a player far too powerful in comparison to others or to enemies. While I also hope they make the boss souls more valuable, buffs is not a wise method. I hope to see the return of boss souls turning into spells. Perhaps they can also be turned in armor and certain items as well.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 pm

What they need to do with boss souls is give them more multiple uses like DeS. Other then that I don't like the buff idea at all. It would work if this game had single player and multiplayer segregated more but in this series we all know how it's intertwined. PvE ya it could be cool but PvP that would be really bad and cause some issues. Unless they made it so you can't use them in PvP then I don't really see any point for a buff really. It's a soul, a powerful boss soul, and like any other soul it gives souls though in a larger amount then most (at least usually they do).
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Djem wrote:It would ruin PvP. It's a great idea for a single player only game though.

Not really, people couldn't have so many boss souls that they could use them every time.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Djem wrote:It would ruin PvP. It's a great idea for a single player only game though.

Not really, people couldn't have so many boss souls that they could use them every time.

*Save edits file*

Oh hey now I have 10,000 boss souls!

I will just drop 99 every time I meet someone!

PvP is ruined.

Derp.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:47 pm

defacto beat me too it. yeah we all know what happened with divine blessings....
    ONLY A LIMITED NUMBER PER PLAY SHOULD BE FINE.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 am