Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Djem
deadagain
abmoner
Sloth9230
PlasticandRage
Sentiel
xxVirgilColexx
11 posters

Saving Solaire

xxVirgilColexx

Saving Solaire Empty Saving Solaire

Post by xxVirgilColexx Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 pm

In my NG I did not save Solaire and now in my NG+ run I want to save him. I've read the wiki but want to be sure of the correct steps.

If I summon him for the Centipede demon fight, after the fight he will be at the bonfire going in to lost izalith. I should not talk to him here but instead open the short cut to lost izalith as a chaos servant, being sure not to cross into lost izalith until all bugs are dead. After the bugs are dead do I then have to fight the Bed of Chaos before he will show up on the bridge at lost izalith? If I don't fight the Bed of Chaos until later will that screw up saving Solaire?

If I remember correctly, 8 of the 9 bugs will respawn each time I rest at a bonfire. Does that mean that if I kill all 9 before I cross into lost izalith then it will be safe for Solaire to continue his story and not turn hollow even if I rest at a bonfire and they respawn?

Thanks
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Saving Solaire Empty Re: Saving Solaire

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:16 pm

I like to save Solaire to have a bit of a help with Gwyn. He's very handy to have if you fail to connect a parry. Of course, it's better to have a player help, but it's not always possible.

Now.
    I always talk to Solaire on all occasions (usually only in Burg, Anor Londo and after Centipede Demon), but I usually summon him only for Centipede Demon fight. I'm not sure if it's required to summon him there, I simply do it, because of lack of players there. Again, he's handy to get boss' attention to give me some time to breathe.

I always talk to him after Centipede Demon fight, go to the shortcut to Lost Izalith, or go and join Chaos Servant, to unlock the shortcut, if I didn't do it already and kill all the bugs in there. One of them has eyes shining in the dark and is easy to spot. It's usually on the Lost Izalith side of the shortcut and drops Sunlight Maggot if killed. After I kill all of them, I then either proceed to Lost Izalith to kill Bed of Chaos, or reload the game to have Solaire appear immediately.

In most cases (9/10) this makes Solaire survive.
    Hovewer, I've encountered situations, where I kill all of the bugs, even get Sunlight Maggot and Solaire immediately appears (without loading screen) already "hollow", or whatever is his state called, with the parasite on head, even though they're all dead.

Because of two cases when the above happened, I can't say for sure if the method I'm using is good, or bad, because it could be just some bug, or glitch, but it could also be the other way around and I did something terribly wrong, and I'm just not aware of it.

I hope this helps.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:53 pm

You actually don't have to summon him for any of the fights. You can just talk to him in all the places he shows up as a human and it'll still progress his story. Usually, if I'm trying to save him, to make sure that it'll happen, I go through the Demon ruins as soon as I open up the Chaos Covenant, open the Izalith shortcut, and kill the bugs, before I even talk to him at Anor Londo. As long as the bugs are dead before he gets there, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

^ The way I understand it is if you enter Lost Izalith at all before going through the shortcut and killing the bugs, then he's going to show up with one on his head. My understanding was that if you enter Izalith the normal way first, then he's going to die regardless of what you do.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:58 pm

You definitely don't want to talk to him in lost Izalith, it's best not to risk it and just don't enter Izalith after the centipede demon fight
    abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by abmoner Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:57 pm

I always talk to him at the bonfire after centipede. Then go back un lock shortcut kill bugs, help catarina knight home bone and he's OK.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:07 pm

My understanding is that as long as you don't get the 'Lost Izalith' message before you kill the bugs that you'll be okay. I'm not sure where that message triggers if you enter from the direction of the Centipede Demon fight, just because I rarely go that way, but the bonfire very well may be before it. I'm not sure. Otherwise the wiki is wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. After all it's all written by people like us anyway.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:09 pm

My first playthrough I talked to him and then went to sigmeyer, I died and then gave up and tried the shortcut. It was to late sad
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:41 pm

If you open the shortcut you will not enter izilith untill you reach the top of the stairs leaduind to the titanite demon. You can snipe the chaos bugs with the hawk ring the ones with the red eyes drop the sunlight maggot. That is the one that attacks solaire, get the maggot and your golden.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:03 pm

^ The fog ring/Slumber DC works well too. They just stay put and don't run from you that way, so you can just walk right up and kill them.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:50 pm

It doesn't matter if you kill all the bugs, just the Sunlight Maggot. The rest can live, but the Sunlight Maggot MUST die.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:50 pm

^ Right.
    xxVirgilColexx

Post by xxVirgilColexx Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:15 pm

OK. I summoned Solaire for the centipede demon fight. After the fight I went back to the bonfire just before the centipede demon fight. I did not go to the bonfire after the centipede demon or talk to Solaire. I then went and killed all 9 bugs (even though, as several have said, you only have the kill the sunlight maggot), turned around to go back to the bonfire before the centipede demon and there he was sitting in the passage, alive, no maggot on his head, but depressed. I did not have to save at a bonfire or quit and reload. Just turned around and there he was. big grin
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Now don't link the fire, it's for his own good lol.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Awesome dude, killing Gwyn with Solaire is just so satisfying.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:14 am

I have found that you can still save him without joining the chaos covenant.

Do not talk to him in Anor. Before or after killing O&S.

Continue on with the game, after you kill the sunlight maggot, go back to Anor, (yes, he'll still be there), talk to him, and he'll move to the sunlight altar and his story will go on. And with the maggot dead he will not go hollow.
    abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by abmoner Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:58 am

Haha that's brilliant
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:03 am

I'm trying to save Solaire for the Gwyn fight and I've only talked to him once, after the Taurus Demon fight.

Solaire wasn't available for the Centipede Demon fight, but I entered Lost Izalith and killed all the maggots. I also opened the shortcut from the Izalith side. Solaire wasn't there.

Is he going to be available for Gwyn? The last place I saw him was Anor Londo.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:00 am

Solarie wasn't available for the Gwyn fight so I went back to Anor Londo and talked to him. He wasn't at Gwyn. I went to the bonfire after Centipede Demon and talked to him. He wasn't at Gwyn. I went to the Sunlight Maggot area and talked to him. Solarie was available to fight Gwyn.

In NG(5) Solarie was able to defeat Gwyn solo. I don't think I landed a hit; I was standing back watching the show!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:Solarie wasn't available for the Gwyn fight so I went back to Anor Londo and talked to him. He wasn't at Gwyn. I went to the bonfire after Centipede Demon and talked to him. He wasn't at Gwyn. I went to the Sunlight Maggot area and talked to him. Solarie was available to fight Gwyn.

In NG(5) Solarie was able to defeat Gwyn solo. I don't think I landed a hit; I was standing back watching the show!

I've had the same experience in +2. It seems to only happen when he feels like it though. Sometimes his AI is kind of lackluster, and it seems like he's more inclined to support you, but other times he's a beast and he rips Gwyn a new one. Very first time I fought Gwyn with Solaire's help, he pretty much did it by himself.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:52 pm

I've only managed to save Solaire once, but I didn't summon him for Gwyn. Hahaha, I'm gonna have to do this properly!
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:22 pm

bunnywink wrote:I've only managed to save Solaire once, but I didn't summon him for Gwyn. Hahaha, I'm gonna have to do this properly!

Same here. Also, just today I saved him by casting Dark Fog from behind the shortcut and killing the Sunlight Maggot. He was alive near the Chaos Bugs when I came from the other side. But guess what? I KILLED HIM MYSELF!

I did it for the shield, for his god damn brilliant shield sad

Oh god what have I done?! sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Djem wrote:
    bunnywink wrote:I've only managed to save Solaire once, but I didn't summon him for Gwyn. Hahaha, I'm gonna have to do this properly!

Same here. Also, just today I saved him by casting Dark Fog from behind the shortcut and killing the Sunlight Maggot. He was alive near the Chaos Bugs when I came from the other side. But guess what? I KILLED HIM MYSELF!

I did it for the shield, for his god damn brilliant shield sad

Oh god what have I done?! sad

That's a good idea if you can make it work consistently. It'd save you having to spend the humanity to level up with the chaos covenant, and save you having to leave whatever covenant you were previously a part of in order to join them.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 pm

You don't need to spend the humanity, or even join the covenant.

Leave Solaire at Anor until you've killed the sunlight maggot, then progress his story after that.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 pm

^ That's a pretty good idea actually.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:56 am

I'm confused by something, I talked to him in Anor and the Sunlight Altar but he didn't appear at the Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith path. The stupid thing is I cleared Bed of Chaos so now I'm not sure if he's beyond saving or not Prostration

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm