Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
LOLRagezzz
JohnnyHarpoon
Scudman_Slayer
eneq
reim0027
TonyDamajer
Forum Pirate
strangejoy
Kaeporo
bloodpixel
Teh_hapy_octopus
ErrJon6661
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DarkMoonKro
Gol
19 posters

Backstabs everywhere.

Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Backstabs everywhere. Empty Backstabs everywhere.

Post by Gol Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:28 pm

I know that complaining is useless, but sometimes it makes people feel better.
    I also know that I'm not the only one who is raging because of backstabs but... man...

Like 30 min ago, I invade in the forest as a darkwraith (Yeah I like to get spawn killed by 3 BKGA flippin tanks :roll: ) and after a long succession of 2/3v1 I invade the world of a guy in dragon form with a bow.
    Well... I spawn, I see the guy, he stays away from me and bow, I do the same, buff my weapon and go for the fight.
    I thought I was gonna have a nice fight, I really thought he was one of those fun players because he was a dragon with a bow, how could a guy playing a dragon with a bow be an *** ?

But after dodging a few arrows and finally "making contact" the guy just BS me with his bow and kill me in one hit (hornet's ring for sure). Look Skyward
    (I'd like to know how could a wooden bow kill a man without shooting at him).

This is *** pissing me off, if they want to fight BS only they just have to use a bandit's knife with hornet's ring, I don't see the point in using any other weapon to BS, this game offers a lot of variety and they just *** it up. Look Skyward
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Backstabs everywhere. Empty Re: Backstabs everywhere.

Post by DarkMoonKro Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:35 pm

I hate backstabs in general. I've been getting a lot of people who invade and then lagstab me with a lightning estoc or katana or whatever. I kind of wish backstabs would be nerfed a little bit on all weapons besides the daggers so you have an idea as to what to expect. Example:

"Oh hey he has a bandits knife. I gotta watch out for my back"
    or
    "Oh hey he has a Zweihander that's most likely lightning. I should worry more about getting crushed to death than backstabbed"
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:37 pm

they probably would have done more if they had used their bare dragon fists.... besides the point of an archer build is to maintain distance and do whatever possible to keep the enemy away including pulling off bs's to make them stay away. also bow normally do around 400 damaage with proper stats in a bs hornet boosts by 40 % thats 560 damage. what bow did they use? (compound or pharis?) or are you a glass cannon build....
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:39 pm

First off, bsing with a bow takes balls. The dude was having fun let him do it. What annoys me more than backstabbers is the flipping tanks. Yeah, people who bs should use weapons made for bsing. The problem is larger weapons do more bs damage than smaller ones, and on top of that you can hit someone with them to stunlock them or break their guard. I know its not "right" but its how the numbers come out.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:40 pm

with my guy i use a lightning rapier+4 but everyone seems to shows there back to me and I'm like TURN AROUND AND ATTACK I WANNA PARRY YOU *** HOLE
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:41 pm

I like to go for backstabs but I sure as hell won't be sad if they go. More practice for my parries.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:48 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:First off, bsing with a bow takes balls. The dude was having fun let him do it. What annoys me more than backstabbers is the flipping tanks. Yeah, people who bs should use weapons made for bsing. The problem is larger weapons do more bs damage than smaller ones, and on top of that you can hit someone with them to stunlock them or break their guard. I know its not "right" but its how the numbers come out.

I invaded him twice.
    He finished me in one hit with his bow twice.

I don't call it "having fun".
    After, I understood that the bow was just a decoy, he just wanted me to come close so he could BS me.

I'm not sure if he BS'd me with his bow or with his fists (maybe he hold the bow in left hand, cause I don't understand how a bow could OS me, I have 1320 HP) but BSing is *** annoying.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Its a clever strategy. And you fell for it twice, learn from it.

And if you hate bsing so much, carry combustion or wog or force to keep backstabbers away.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:56 pm

he probably had a bow in his left hand and some other parry weapon in his right hand
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:00 pm

I didn't fell for it twice, the second time I was careful but it was laggy and he just popped in my back and stabbed me.
    That build was an int/dex build Sorceries + Rapiers, no WOG or combustion.
    I could've used crystal soul spear when he was still away from me but I kinda found it unfair cause he just had a bow.

"he probably had a bow in his left hand and some other parry weapon in his right hand"

no parry weapon, he BS'd me, he did not parry
    I'm not blind, I only saw his fists and a bow.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Gol wrote:I didn't fell for it twice, the second time I was careful but it was laggy and he just popped in my back and stabbed me.
    I could've used crystal soul spear when he was still away from me but I kinda found it unfair cause he just had a bow.

"he probably had a bow in his left hand and some other parry weapon in his right hand"

dragon fists have a high base damage and he probably did that with the hornets ring

btw you can quote by pressing the little button on the bottom right of their post that says QUOTE
    Kaeporo

Post by Kaeporo Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:16 pm

From Software could help people counter the lagstabbers by adding a ring which cuts critical damage by 50%. This would punish the ninja tanks who would be forced to sacrifice their agility for critical protection while providing light and medium armor players the ability to potentially survive a backstab.

Alternatively, they could change the Karmic Justice miracle to explode when the user receives critical damage. This would be a better solution as it would cause lagstabbers to change their tactics for a period of time.

People always cry out "oh, but backstabs let me 3v1 people". Well, I think that's the issue. What happens when you use a tactic which can allow you to 3v1 people in a 1v1 situation? It certainly shortens the length of the fight.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Teh_hapy_octopus wrote:
    Gol wrote:I didn't fell for it twice, the second time I was careful but it was laggy and he just popped in my back and stabbed me.

dragon fists have a high base damage and he probably did that with the hornets ring

btw you can quote by pressing the little button on the bottom right of their post that says QUOTE

I'm not dumb, maybe not clever, but not dumb either, I know you can quote, It's just that you posted your message while I was writin mine and I thought it was quicker.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Actually, that exact guy killed me during a wraith invasion and I congratulated him for coming up with such a unique build. Bear in mind that he has zero poise and no short range attack besides a backstab. He's taking a risk, and it's paying off. By the way, I asked him for info on his build, and apparently it doesn't involve a hornet ring.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:04 pm

hes bsing you because you're playing by his rules. if you let the other player set the rules you'll never win. you're an int build you said? shoot back with magic or keep the moonlight greatsword on you (it also has ranged attacks). if youd like and you're on psn add me and i'll show you what i mean. if some is only bsing you its because 1; they're crazy good and were just going to parry you otherwise or 2; you're leaving yourself open to it. oh i'm Forum_Pirate there too.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:20 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:Its a clever strategy. And you fell for it twice, learn from it.

And if you hate bsing so much, carry combustion or wog or force to keep backstabbers away.
    those spells rather encourage backstabs then keep them off,

a backstab hits faster then any of those spells if they were strafing to ur side already and if I see someone using one of those I just block that spell with my invincible but while rolling and then BS.

In fact, WoG users are the only type of players I really try to go for a BS
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:59 am

DarkMoonKro wrote:I've been getting a lot of people who invade and then lagstab me with a lightning estoc or katana or whatever. I kind of wish backstabs would be nerfed a little bit on all weapons besides the daggers so you have an idea as to what to expect. Example:

"Oh hey he has a bandits knife. I gotta watch out for my back"
    or
    "Oh hey he has a Zweihander that's most likely lightning. I should worry more about getting crushed to death than backstabbed"

Lagstabs are horrible. They piss me off. I like the idea of nerfing BS damage with heavy hitting weapons though.

And, check out this video with an overpowered Bow BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo60fKUv2Dg
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Glitcher... theres an exploit with bow backstabs that can deal a huge amount of damage.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 pm

really? whenever i've bow bs'd it does pitiful damge....
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm

You have to use a massive combination of buffs to deal massive damage with a bow backstab. Hornet ring, power within, trident buff and the dragon body force buff.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:50 am

then why not use a crystal bandit knife with weapon buff as well? that should do more than the bow....
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 am

It should do more than the bow, but the thing is people are caught up in being able to bs with a bow.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:34 am

its a plague that infest the community in this game

seriously it reached from the point of me only seeing every once in a while a guy trying to backstab,to the point 80% of my fights are only of trying to prevent a backstab

its annoying and its a boring strategy

seriously can't you win by fighting the guy head on?
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:35 am

I've had to nearly stop backstabbing people all together.

I've been playing with the Large Club, and even when my opponent does something stupid and leaves themselves wide open for a backstab (which is usually the only time I do), I just can't bring myself to because the thing one shots EVERYBODY.

From the victor's standpoint, it isn't even fun.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    seriously can't you win by fighting the guy head on?
    BS spammers could either be griefers, who enjoy annoying people. Or they could be really bad at PvP, and need to BS to win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm