Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Camouflage in Dark Souls

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Camouflage in Dark Souls Empty Camouflage in Dark Souls

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:18 am

Apparently, my oddly designed toon is perfect for Ariamis. With her pale blue skin coupled with the BK helm, chest, Guardian gauntlets and Gough's leggings, i have perfectly blended in with the envoirnment. So many invaded me but they all just walked right by me while i was beside the door. It was really unexpected, the combination works so well!
    Without the Ring of Fog, they can barely see me. With it on, i'm now like Priscilla, a part of the painting. One guy spent half an hour trying to find me when all the while i was waiting by the front door near the bonfire. lol!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Camouflage in Dark Souls Empty Re: Camouflage in Dark Souls

Post by Sentiel Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:27 pm

There are many armor combinations, that will, especially in combination with Ring of Fog, make you nearly invisible to most players.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:01 pm

No ring of fog and right by the front door though? That's pretty crazy. I wonder if your character was invisible, op. There's a rare bug that makes invaders 100% invisible, and they aren't aware of it.

I was invaded at the Darkmoon Tomb. I'm waiting, looking out toward the moving platform, which he'd just moved down. All of a sudden, about 10 steps ahead of me I see the Green Blossoms animation. Fortunately it doesn't affect lock-on.

After, I told him the Green Blossoms gave his position away, and asked how he did the invisible thing, but he had no idea what I was talking about.

It's really rare though, so if you had a bunch of people that couldn't see you I doubt that's it.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:56 pm

I invaded someone in dark Anor Londo. I spent quite a while running around trying to find him. Then I literally bumped into him in front of the main entrance. I honestly couldn't see him at first. But there he was, just standing in the open with a fog ring. Sometimes you don't need to hide in corners to be hidden.

Also, fog ring + leggings of thorns makes your legs almost completely invisible.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:39 pm

callipygias wrote:No ring of fog and right by the front door though? That's pretty crazy. I wonder if your character was invisible, op. There's a rare bug that makes invaders 100% invisible, and they aren't aware of it.

I was invaded at the Darkmoon Tomb. I'm waiting, looking out toward the moving platform, which he'd just moved down. All of a sudden, about 10 steps ahead of me I see the Green Blossoms animation. Fortunately it doesn't affect lock-on.

After, I told him the Green Blossoms gave his position away, and asked how he did the invisible thing, but he had no idea what I was talking about.

It's really rare though, so if you had a bunch of people that couldn't see you I doubt that's it.

Nope, wasn't 100% invisible. I mean, c'mon. Our characters have a strange light source emanating from our bodies. Yet they couldn't see me when i was staring at them in the face. :suspect:

There was this one SoV that invaded me too. I was just standing near the first rope that had a Humanity. I thought i'd just stay there for a face-off with the guy. But he just walks straight through the door. Seriously? I was standing out there in the open, with all the snow. :suspect: My dark armor should have given me away.

Uparkaam wrote:Also, fog ring + leggings of thorns makes your legs almost completely invisible.

Yeah, i noticed. Makes for even more crazy camouflages!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm