I Feel Ashamed

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: I Feel Ashamed

Post by aprilmanha on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Disconnecting on the other hand just wastes everybody's time. I especially love gamkers who disconnect after they lose. Yeah sure, I don't get anything for beating them. But there's no greater reward than knowing just how pathetic they are, and knowing that they know it too.

Disconnecting does not waste my time, since I don't have to go farm another humanity to become human so that I can play with my friend.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Nothing wastes your time more than invading a world only to die at the spawn as three people kill you.

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Tolvo wrote:Nothing wastes your time more than invading a world only to die at the spawn as three people kill you.

Except for getting invaded by three people and getting killed, while running back to pick up thousands of souls winking
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:54 pm

That would mean you were gravelording, so you asked for it indefinitely.
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Humanity is so easy to farm, not to mention necessary for pvp, that it shouldn't even be an issue.

And by disconnecting you're wasting the invaders time, since they have to wait and establish a connection to someone else.

If you want to play on easy mode then you have to be prepared to deal with invaders. If you don't want invaders then stay hollow and play by yourself. It's that simple.

Honestly, if your save gets corrupted then I don't want to see you start a thread looking for pity. You reap what you sow.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:56 pm

There are also people who invade using the Cracked Eye orb, which is consumed when they invade. Thus when a person disconnects after the invader arrives, it causes them to waste a consumable. One which if not a Darkwraith, is very hard to come by. Much harder to obtain than humanity.
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Those things are 3000 a pop, if everyone disconnected then anyone who bought those things would have gotten gypped.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Most people actually trade for it, because you only need them if you want to invade without leaving the Dragon Cov, or staying a sunbro, etc.

...Er, another lesson! Don't feel ashamed to use Cracked Eye Orbs!

That means this is still on topic right?

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Tolvo wrote:There are also people who invade using the Cracked Eye orb, which is consumed when they invade. Thus when a person disconnects after the invader arrives, it causes them to waste a consumable. One which if not a Darkwraith, is very hard to come by. Much harder to obtain than humanity.

True but that is their choice by wanting to invade. I just want to enjoy jolly coop with my friend. For fun. To have fun. To enjoy myself.

And I see this term easy mode about often, I don't see an easy mode anywhere? I've beaten every boss in the game and they all seemed hard enough to me. And I got all the same rewards as everyone else I'm sure?

Also, I thought that you could be invaded by up to 3 people normally (if very unlucky?)
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Ahh trading, sometimes I forget just how great the dark souls community is.

Honestly, there's nothing to be ashamed about. Gankers got what they deserved.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Two invaders is the max, unless you are gravelording. The only case of this I can think is you may have been gravelorded. When gravelorded phantom versions of the enemies of the world appear, so you could have been fighting those.

And that is your choice by wanting to do co-op, you open yourself up to be invaded. That's the intent, to counter co-op. So that the game doesn't become easy. With three people the game becomes a cake walk excluding certain enemies (Bed of Chaos,) to counter this you can be invaded while human thus presenting a challenge in the invader. It works pretty well, until you consider Griefers and Gankers.

People invading with gear that is way too powerful for the level, or people waiting to gank invaders.

I don't understand why there is this disconnect between players.

Why should invaders be hated, they're just other people playing the game as intended and wanting to do PvP. Now if they are glitching, or doing something intentionally harmful to the experience then sure get bothered by them. But just for invading and attacking? I don't get it. Maybe I've just not had enough bad experiences being invaded or something.
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:12 pm

They're making the choice to invade, like you're making the choice to co-op.

How is it easy? Get on both sides of the boss and keep smacking it or shooting arrows, they'll keep changing tragets and never get the chance to actually attack you(or at the very least not as often)

I don't think you can, it's set up so you have 2 phantoms or invaders max. Though I could be wrong.

Tolvo: Bed of chaos is the easiest boss if you have 2 phantoms, just have them destroy the orbs at the same time, and then finish it off yourself. So much for the most annoying boss in the game lol! (too bad now one want's to co-op that thing, I certainly don't. Thing gives me nightmares).

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Tolvo wrote:Two invaders is the max, unless you are gravelording. The only case of this I can think is you may have been gravelorded. When gravelorded phantom versions of the enemies of the world appear, so you could have been fighting those.

And that is your choice by wanting to do co-op, you open yourself up to be invaded. That's the intent, to counter co-op. So that the game doesn't become easy. With three people the game becomes a cake walk excluding certain enemies (Bed of Chaos,) to counter this you can be invaded while human thus presenting a challenge in the invader. It works pretty well, until you consider Griefers and Gankers.

People invading with gear that is way too powerful for the level, or people waiting to gank invaders.

I don't understand why there is this disconnect between players.

Why should invaders be hated, they're just other people playing the game as intended and wanting to do PvP. Now if they are glitching, or doing something intentionally harmful to the experience then sure get bothered by them. But just for invading and attacking? I don't get it. Maybe I've just not had enough bad experiences being invaded or something.

You've probably had similar experiences as everyone else with invaders. Just your attitude about what invasions are and how they effect gameplay is much better than most peoples. Not everyone sees an invasion as an opprotunity to pvp, some take it really personally
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Jansports : I certainly used to, always felt that they were just out to screw me over Prostration lol

Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Jansports : I certainly used to, always felt that they were just out to screw me over lol

We are sloth. We are. I Tend to host or (attempt) to Gravelord when I want "lets go 1v1 fights" I tend to invade when I'm thinking "I wonder how mad I can make someone in Sen's?"
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Oh god Sens. I always go it hollow, cause I don't want someone else to me see fail at the traps 😢

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Well I guess my comment about 3 invaders was misinformed then. I think the only time I have tried gravelording was when I first found the covenant and was trying to work out what it was all about. Not sure if I ever even did it right.

At the end of the day though we are all picking parts of the game to defend that we like while trying to convince others that other bits are wrong and should not be done.

Honestly, if we all took WOTG's and sat on spawn points spamming it when invaders arrived, we are still working within the game, and since we would be winning more we would in theory be playing the game better.

Edit: Also, if I invade and kill someone to only get an angry message back, I've not won. I've lost.

Last edited by aprilmanha on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:28 pm

The game isn't about winning, it's about overcoming challenges. There's no challenge in ganking. There is in beating gankers though, which is why InfiniteDoomsday shouldn't feel ashamed.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Fair invading is playing the game better, and making the game better.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:31 pm

I agree though on not wanting angry messages, when I invade I do my best not to piss people off. Just give them a good experience. I see nothing wrong with others killing questers, but I typically don't kill questers. So if I ended up in your world and you sent me a message asking me to leave, 99% of the time I would.

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:The game isn't about winning, it's about overcoming challenges. There's no challenge in ganking. There is in beating gankers though, which is why InfiniteDoomsday shouldn't feel ashamed.

Every time you say Ganker, I'm going to replace it with Farmer, Then you posts make more sense to me happy
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:36 pm

We don't use the term farmer for those who gang up on invaders at spawns and wait for them, because it causes confusion. Because many people farm humanity, souls, items, etc.

We used to use the term but it was changed due to how often it would confuse people.

Just remember, if you're going for a boss and someone invades you, then you gang up with your summons on the invader. That isn't ganking, because you are a quester.

Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:37 pm

If it makes more sense to you that way, then feel free to do so. I'm just using the term as is understood by most of the community.

Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 am

aprilmanha wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:There are also people who invade using the Cracked Eye orb, which is consumed when they invade. Thus when a person disconnects after the invader arrives, it causes them to waste a consumable. One which if not a Darkwraith, is very hard to come by. Much harder to obtain than humanity.

True but that is their choice by wanting to invade. I just want to enjoy jolly coop with my friend. For fun. To have fun. To enjoy myself.

And I see this term easy mode about often, I don't see an easy mode anywhere? I've beaten every boss in the game and they all seemed hard enough to me. And I got all the same rewards as everyone else I'm sure?

Also, I thought that you could be invaded by up to 3 people normally (if very unlucky?)
    GOD I just wanna invade your game and murder you! :evil:

PSN: x_-Vizionary-_x

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:15 am

InfiniteDoomsday wrote: GOD I just wanna invade your game and murder you! :evil:

Hah, good luck with that happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:33 am