Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Hart
Forum Pirate
Encore
Shakie666
WaffleGuy
Halicarnassis
hey its andres
Reaperfan
samster628
lonewolf
Seignar
GrinTwist
vegan666
Cartod
ErrJon6661
Animaaal
skarekrow13
DemonOfFate
DE5PA1R
EverlastingRat
Onion Knight
ublug
MasterofShadows
Soris Ice Goldwing
Exalted Oreo
Dibsville
Nybbles
Tchuwib
GaryBlevins
LunarFog
moomootv
Argon
Juutas
Buggy Virus
Djem
mr_no_face
Guntles_5
Infighter
steveswede
Serious_Much
raecor14
ViralEnsign_
RedderAI
ComaPrison
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Acarnatia
Solid Knight
mugenis4real
Sloth9230
Argetlam350
Slarg232
55 posters

Would you accept a Pistol if....

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you accept a Pistol if....

Post by Slarg232 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:
    Exalted Oreo wrote:No thanks, would likely be implemented poorly when the game is so focused on melee combat
    ...but it isnt focused on melee combat?
    I guess if you count pryo and magic then not really but then the two lead to close up melee figthts. But pistols have too much range and would it overused. Also bullets would be too strong unless you have heavy armor.

.... Crossbows and Bows have too much range, they aren't overused.

Whose to say the pistol shoots bullets? Maybe Erryiss figured out how to make a gun that shoots crystals or Soulmass?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you accept a Pistol if....

Post by LunarFog Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Guns

Pros:High damage
    instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

Cons:Slow reload
    expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:07 pm

LunarFog wrote:Guns

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Not in keeping with Souls theme
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:33 pm

No.

I've always felt that gunpowder was one of the worst things that ever happened to combat.

Now, we live in a day where you don't even have to have any skill whatsoever. You just press a button and an entire city can be incinerated.

Lame.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:38 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.
    A Crystal Pistol is about as atmosphere breaking and not in theme as much as a Triple Shot Crossbow, or a giant head peice that's twice the size of the character already.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.
    A Crystal Pistol is about as atmosphere breaking and not in theme as much as a Triple Shot Crossbow, or a giant head peice that's twice the size of the character already.
    they fit in the souls world though. go to COD if you want guns, come here for swords, magic, armor.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Did not read comments.

No guns......just...no. :evil:
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:48 pm

raecor14 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.
    they fit in the souls world though. go to COD if you want guns, come here for swords, magic, armor.
    By that logic, go play Skyrim if you want Dragons, and Dark Souls 2 should be about Gods.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:08 pm

The day they include guns is the day I stop playing.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:33 pm

If people really, really have the urge to go around in boats firing muskets and cannons I would recommend Napoleonic wars, it's a great multiplayer game. Didn't Two Worlds 2 do a pirate dlc as well? I can't remember things these days.
    On topic: there is no need for them as ranged weapons are already over-saturated in choice as it is.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.
    By that logic, go play Skyrim if you want Dragons, and Dark Souls 2 should be about Gods.
    no, dragons fit into dark souls, guns never could no matter how hard you try to implement them.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.

Repeating and automatic crossbows (chu-ko-nu/lian nu) existed in ancient and medieval times, so I'd disagree on that particular point.

As for the Symbol of Avarice, you may be right - though there's a strong argument for it being a roleplaying/dress-up-as-enemy item. But that doesn't mean I want Symbols or guns in the sequel.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 pm

raecor14 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.
    no, dragons fit into dark souls, guns never could no matter how hard you try to implement them.

How so? Gunpowder exists due to Firebombs and Black Fire Bombs. Someone who made a triple-fire-crossbow is going to get the idea that "Hey, if I cause a small explosion in a metal tube, it'll shoot out a projectile!"

How to properly implement a "Gun":
    -Magic, Crystal shooting thing that fires a Soul Arrow alike projectile at super fast speeds.
    -Blackpowder; It exists in the universe already.
    - Sunlight Gun: Focuses the power of the Sun into a condense ray of lightning, must recharge for 30 seconds after every shot.

Just because you don't like the idea, doesn't mean it couldn't fit.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:29 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.

Repeating and automatic crossbows (chu-ko-nu/lian nu) existed in ancient and medieval times, so I'd disagree on that particular point.

As for the Symbol of Avarice, you may be right - though there's a strong argument for it being a roleplaying/dress-up-as-enemy item. But that doesn't mean I want Symbols or guns in the sequel.
    And ancient japanese/chinese (Forget which one) had blackpowder weapons as well.
    Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 3 Related_articles_about_chinese_ancient_fireweaponsb0606fe78d81249466a0
    Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 3 19(8)

What's your point? They had fireworks quite early, and it didn't take them long to figure out they could weaponize it.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:02 am

Ancient Asian countries did not go around with armies that shot at one another with pistols. I would remember that.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:22 am

DE5PA1R wrote:I would remember that.

How old are you? :suspect:

All joking aside, yeah guns are somewhat problematic. But I could see them in there, though to Slarg232, by your points that your making about how we already have projectiles, I mean if you're talking about weapons that have that ability then wouldn't it be redundant to have another crystal soul spear/gun or Sunlight spear/gun... I mean this is what I'm interpreting but I could've misunderstood

why not have a gun that shoots blanks then? for RP purposes (as to why shoot blanks and make it utterly useless, well we have the mofuqn pendant)
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:31 am

DE5PA1R wrote:Ancient Asian countries did not go around with armies that shot at one another with pistols. I would remember that.
    And they also didn't have swords twice as big as the people carrying them 8)

@Everlast: I would greatly prefer a Flintlock, or rather Blackpowder, pistol. Those that I posted were simply ideas as to why such a thing (One handed weapon that is like a pistol, if not a pistol in general) would be feasible in Dark Souls 2.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:47 am

Dang Slarg........maaaaybe they could........

Dammit no!!! Wait, what if it was like a.....nope....just can't do it.

You are the only person who has ever made me consider the idea though...ever.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:18 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:Ancient Asian countries did not go around with armies that shot at one another with pistols. I would remember that.
    And they also didn't have swords twice as big as the people carrying them 8)

@Everlast: I would greatly prefer a Flintlock, or rather Blackpowder, pistol. Those that I posted were simply ideas as to why such a thing (One handed weapon that is like a pistol, if not a pistol in general) would be feasible in Dark Souls 2.

Fair points. Still don't like pistols though. I wouldn't mind one in a game that was like Souls but less medieval fantasy.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:28 am

I would accept it only if....

Spoiler:
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:31 am

Welllllll put skarekrow, well put. Proper Bow
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:53 am

Animaaal wrote:Dang Slarg........maaaaybe they could........

Dammit no!!! Wait, what if it was like a.....nope....just can't do it.

You are the only person who has ever made me consider the idea though...ever.

I'm the best at what I do big grin
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 am

I must agree, you are the only person who has managed to convince me something like this could possibly work. Well done mate. Proper Bow

Last edited by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:57 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

instantaneous speed
    Quick startup animation

expensive ammo
    Doesn't scale
    Low durability
    Slow recovery
    Atmosphere-breaking

Fixed it.

How so? Gunpowder exists due to Firebombs and Black Fire Bombs. Someone who made a triple-fire-crossbow is going to get the idea that "Hey, if I cause a small explosion in a metal tube, it'll shoot out a projectile!"

How to properly implement a "Gun":
    -Magic, Crystal shooting thing that fires a Soul Arrow alike projectile at super fast speeds.
    -Blackpowder; It exists in the universe already.
    - Sunlight Gun: Focuses the power of the Sun into a condense ray of lightning, must recharge for 30 seconds after every shot.

Just because you don't like the idea, doesn't mean it couldn't fit.
    actually i love the idea, just not for this game, that not only sounds SUPER op but it also dose not fit. to me it just sounds like a bunch of people want to change this game into a more mainstream one.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 am

DemonOfFate wrote: I must agree, you are the only person who has managed to convince me something like this could possibly work. Well done mate. Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 3 945058907
    I'm just glad there are a few people on here that can see reason Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 3 639795459
    @ Reacor: How does it not fit? Please tell me why specifically, as I can't quite seem to stab at it in the dark.
    And it's not like including a Flintlock Pistol (Or similar) would turn it into Dark Souls: Black Ops 3 silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am