Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Hart
Forum Pirate
Encore
Shakie666
WaffleGuy
Halicarnassis
hey its andres
Reaperfan
samster628
lonewolf
Seignar
GrinTwist
vegan666
Cartod
ErrJon6661
Animaaal
skarekrow13
DemonOfFate
DE5PA1R
EverlastingRat
Onion Knight
ublug
MasterofShadows
Soris Ice Goldwing
Exalted Oreo
Dibsville
Nybbles
Tchuwib
GaryBlevins
LunarFog
moomootv
Argon
Juutas
Buggy Virus
Djem
mr_no_face
Guntles_5
Infighter
steveswede
Serious_Much
raecor14
ViralEnsign_
RedderAI
ComaPrison
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Acarnatia
Solid Knight
mugenis4real
Sloth9230
Argetlam350
Slarg232
55 posters

Would you accept a Pistol if....

Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you accept a Pistol if....

Post by Djem Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Ah crap, I am sorry, I put a -1 on your reputation because I just saw the topic and felt like it's a poll. That was not my intention. Can a moderator fix that, or just give him an +1 to put it back to normal?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you accept a Pistol if....

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 pm

I would say no, based on the fact that the way that guns would have to work to have their own niche, and to really feel like guns would be if the player could not perceive the bullet as it went through the air.

This would mean it would be broken for PvP, as there would be no way to dodge it, and the victim would just keep their shield up indefinitely until the gun was fired, creating a stand off.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Agree, with buggy on them being broken for Pvp

Now who want's throwable spears? big grin
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Agree, with buggy on them being broken for Pvp

Now who want's throwable spears? big grin

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 2 Raised-hand-150x150
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Absolutely 100% YES for flitlock weapons!

We already had firebombs so why not blackpowder weapons? flintlock rifle and pistol would be so cool and they would work as powerful but very slow reload/recover midrange weapons.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:I would say no, based on the fact that the way that guns would have to work to have their own niche, and to really feel like guns would be if the player could not perceive the bullet as it went through the air.

This would mean it would be broken for PvP, as there would be no way to dodge it, and the victim would just keep their shield up indefinitely until the gun was fired, creating a stand off.

What if it did ~100 damage at +5 (No Scaling), but peirced all armor and sheilds? Instant hit, Long reload, long range.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:I would say no, based on the fact that the way that guns would have to work to have their own niche, and to really feel like guns would be if the player could not perceive the bullet as it went through the air.

What if it did ~100 damage at +5 (No Scaling), but peirced all armor and sheilds? Instant hit, Long reload, long range.

Then it is equally as broken as a weapon that let's the enemy go ham on you in exchange for really low damage.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:

Then it is equally as broken as a weapon that let's the enemy go ham on you in exchange for really low damage.

Sorry, but "Go Ham"?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:45 pm

hard as a mofo silly
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Slarg232 wrote:

That my friend would be everyone's back up weapon. Whittle their health down then BAM. Dead. Wanna run and heal? BAM. Dead. Want to use a aoe attack? Interrupted.

It just sounds a bit too powerful even at that damage.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 pm

RedderAI wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:

That my friend would be everyone's back up weapon. Whittle their health down then BAM. Dead. Wanna run and heal? BAM. Dead. Want to use a aoe attack? Interrupted.

It just sounds a bit too powerful even at that damage.

Yeah, it just ends up being a guaranteed hit is the point, where nothing should be a guaranteed hit.
    Argon

Post by Argon Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:36 pm

a lot of fantasy games have firearms in them can't see why dark souls wouldn't have any, as for game balance I'd leave that to the game designers but seeing that its dark souls I wouldn't expect much, the only firearms I can see them putting in the game is some kind of cannon cared by a giant and using it to shell the player.

but something like this would be cool http://pirates.missiledine.com/images/Pistols/bordaxerifle.jpg .

steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:48 pm

Argon wrote:a lot of fantasy games have firearms in them can't see why dark souls wouldn't have any

Because:-

we have crossbows
    we have bows
    we have projectile magic
    we have daggers, poison ones as well
    cannot be dodged due to bullet speed
    cannot be dodged due to bullet size
    ancient eastern rocket launcher would be cooler.
    Argon

Post by Argon Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:59 pm

steveswede wrote:
    Argon wrote:a lot of fantasy games have firearms in them can't see why dark souls wouldn't have any

Because:-

we have crossbows
    we have bows
    we have projectile magic
    we have daggers, poison ones as well
    cannot be dodged due to bullet speed
    cannot be dodged due to bullet size
    ancient eastern rocket launcher would be cooler.

I see your point that the game is over saturated in the ranged weapons department and that's why said they wouldn't do it except as some gimmick for a ranged enemy.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:45 pm

Not really, it just isn't something that can be dodged.

And I would say that it doesn't fit the atmosphere anyways.
    moomootv
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Sorry but guns is just no i really dont want to play "darksouls duty" we have bows and crossbows for a reason guns would be too loud 1 shot would aggro every monster in the lvl and they couldnt be dodged or seen the only way that they would make it work (which it never would) is make the player have to stand still and make a stance befor they fire to give some type of warning that they are about to shoot. Next we will have armor mechs that shoot "crystal beams" :| which just by changing what it uses still doent make it fit and also have rocket boots "using pyro gloves in the heel" lets just keep our trusty bows hey why dont you make a fire crossbow and call it a gun big grin well im dont with my rant and wall of text Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 2 3149687655
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Ehh...I'm a little iffy with guns but I have given it some thought before. I'm going to have to say I hope they really don't put in guns. Maybe some gun-like crossbows, but no guns.
    GaryBlevins
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GaryBlevins Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:27 pm

I could see pistols in dark souls if:
    1) single shot pistols
    2) pirates were in the game
    3) you could command a ship
    4) if the game wasn't Dark Souls.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:29 pm

All that talk about boat got me thinking more about my old day in Maplestory. It would be nice that the boat would be an actually mean of transportation between different part of the game world. But here the twist, you would be pair up with multiple other online player while you wait to reach your destination. From there, challenge could be place to passanger of the ship. Like for exemple, you see a player who DWed you in a previews level and want some payback. The only risk would be that you couldn't collect back your soul when you gonna reach land if you lose the duel. That would probably be problematic since it would be multiple player at the same time, but that would make a little twist in the game. And it could be use as an arena for people looking for PvP.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:39 pm

i wouldn't mind having firearms in the game.

they could work pretty much exactly like a cross bow, but could have a melee attack as well if the pistol had a short sword or axe head attached to it.

R1 fires a shot (slow reload), R2 melee attack … i think that would be pretty cool actually.

some giant *** canons, like the ones that Ottoman used against Constantinople , would be pretty sweet as well. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/cool-art/4483317597/
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:29 pm

No pistols, thanks.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:30 pm

I was just thinking about this the other day, and how amazingly overused it would be.
    Do not want.
    Exalted Oreo
    Exalted Oreo

Post by Exalted Oreo Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 pm

No thanks, would likely be implemented poorly when the game is so focused on melee combat
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 pm

Exalted Oreo wrote:No thanks, would likely be implemented poorly when the game is so focused on melee combat
    ...but it isnt focused on melee combat?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:03 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    Exalted Oreo wrote:No thanks, would likely be implemented poorly when the game is so focused on melee combat
    ...but it isnt focused on melee combat?
    I guess if you count pryo and magic then not really but then the two lead to close up melee figthts. But pistols have too much range and would it overused. Also bullets would be too strong unless you have heavy armor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am