Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Hart
Forum Pirate
Encore
Shakie666
WaffleGuy
Halicarnassis
hey its andres
Reaperfan
samster628
lonewolf
Seignar
GrinTwist
vegan666
Cartod
ErrJon6661
Animaaal
skarekrow13
DemonOfFate
DE5PA1R
EverlastingRat
Onion Knight
ublug
MasterofShadows
Soris Ice Goldwing
Exalted Oreo
Dibsville
Nybbles
Tchuwib
GaryBlevins
LunarFog
moomootv
Argon
Juutas
Buggy Virus
Djem
mr_no_face
Guntles_5
Infighter
steveswede
Serious_Much
raecor14
ViralEnsign_
RedderAI
ComaPrison
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Acarnatia
Solid Knight
mugenis4real
Sloth9230
Argetlam350
Slarg232
55 posters

Would you accept a Pistol if....

cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 10 Empty Re: Would you accept a Pistol if....

Post by cerealaire Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:08 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    cerealaire wrote:this wouldn't make any sense say im wearing the strongest armor in the game someone shoots me it wouldn't  hurt me as much 
    poise against armor which would win me armor

Huh? :
    ah crap i meant poise against bullets
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 10 Empty Re: Would you accept a Pistol if....

Post by morte Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:35 am

cerealaire wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:
    cerealaire wrote:this wouldn't make any sense say im wearing the strongest armor in the game someone shoots me it wouldn't  hurt me as much 
    poise against armor which would win me armor

Huh? :
    ah crap i meant poise against bullets

You should probably use punctuation, as it tends to make things easier to parse out.

I think that a gun would either be another crossbow, meaning it's crap until you gain absolute mastery, and then it's still kind of crap, or it would be totally overpowered, since it's a firearm.

Either way, I'd turn it down, I've always been more of an up close and personal melee type anyway.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:26 pm

yeah i know
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:06 pm

I have decided to ignore the other comments made in this post as slarg has got down to the root point i am on about.

This is Dark Souls, a Fantasy game. It is not historically accurate, it's not real, it is a work of fiction. It is not constrained by any rules, except those that From gives it. "Historical Inaccuracy" has about as much meaning as saying "In Skyrim trolls are big and ugly and regenerate, so Dark Souls 2 Trolls have to be that way as well".
    You are correct about this. It is only bound by the rules from give this as indeed are all computer games. This is why these other examples are irrelevant. Its about the logic of that particular game world. Given the stuff found within dark souls the stone castles etc it seems clear to me that from have based there world to be set in a time of the medieval ages. This is the set of constraints set by from evidenced by the game world. This is where my historical inaccuracy point comes in. Guns as i have previously said do not belong in the medieval ages and as such do not belong in the game world as created by from. Do you see what i am getting at?
    When we look at real life military yes they do carry knives but they do not charge in using them. They use them only in extreme close quarters but tend to try and keep at range and use their guns. Given that every bullet can be deadly and that with modern guns you can fire many many shots a minute or be extremely accurate via a rifle and scope they are the obvious choice of range weapon. This is my point about how you would not bring a sword to a gunfight. Yes i know flintlocks are nowhere near as accurate and need reloading after like every shot but once you get on to weak guns you build up to more powerful ones in much the same way that the greatbow and black bow are more powerful than the regular shortbow.

thumbs up 
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:11 am

samster628 wrote:I have decided to ignore the other comments made in this post as slarg has got down to the root point i am on about.

This is Dark Souls, a Fantasy game. It is not historically accurate, it's not real, it is a work of fiction. It is not constrained by any rules, except those that From gives it. "Historical Inaccuracy" has about as much meaning as saying "In Skyrim trolls are big and ugly and regenerate, so Dark Souls 2 Trolls have to be that way as well".
    You are correct about this. It is only bound by the rules from give this as indeed are all computer games. This is why these other examples are irrelevant. Its about the logic of that particular game world. Given the stuff found within dark souls the stone castles etc it seems clear to me that from have based there world to be set in a time of the medieval ages. This is the set of constraints set by from evidenced by the game world. This is where my historical inaccuracy point comes in. Guns as i have previously said do not belong in the medieval ages and as such do not belong in the game world as created by from. Do you see what i am getting at?
    When we look at real life military yes they do carry knives but they do not charge in using them. They use them only in extreme close quarters but tend to try and keep at range and use their guns. Given that every bullet can be deadly and that with modern guns you can fire many many shots a minute or be extremely accurate via a rifle and scope they are the obvious choice of range weapon. This is my point about how you would not bring a sword to a gunfight. Yes i know flintlocks are nowhere near as accurate and need reloading after like every shot but once you get on to weak guns you build up to more powerful ones in much the same way that the greatbow and black bow are more powerful than the regular shortbow.

thumbs up 

You are correct, you wouldn't bring a sword to a gunfight.

But having guns in DkS2 wouldn't make it into a gun fight.

Historically speaking, Bows were obsolete when Crossbows were first made. We have both Bows and Crossbows. Neither, along with ranged magic, have made swords obsolete. Guns would not either.

With the exception of Xskulled's video on youtube, CrossBows (Known for armor piercing) and Bows (Known for range) have been all that viable in DkS. To say that a gun, even a powerful hand cannon magnum 4000x GOLD SHELLS MAN! would end the sword play in the series in general is still plain folly.

Hug it out, Samster! big hug
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:35 pm

big hug 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am