Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ChizFreak
BLA1NE
Djem
7 posters

Sanctuary Guardian - Time to make a discovery!

Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sanctuary Guardian - Time to make a discovery! Empty Sanctuary Guardian - Time to make a discovery!

Post by Djem Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Most people who frequent these forums still have hope that there are still undiscovered secrets in Dark Souls. I know you believers are out there.

That being said, the fact that the Guardian Soul which drops from Sanctuary Guardian boss has no known use other than being consumed for 12000 souls is really, really bugging me!

There has got to be another reason for this item to exist!
    You people who have searched the whole game over and over to find a use for the Pendant! I'm talking to you! How can you stand this? I mean really!

How amazingly irritating.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Sanctuary Guardian - Time to make a discovery! Empty Re: Sanctuary Guardian - Time to make a discovery!

Post by BLA1NE Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Yeah, the pendant... We've all just had to move on! I look back on it now--wow, what a troll!

What really did it for me, though, was seeing the collision map. Being able to pore over the entire world map and see where the (known) secret areas are, and that there aren't any others besides those, was a very sobering experience. I'm glad I saw it though, I have no regrets!
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sanctuary Guardian - Time to make a discovery! Empty Re: Sanctuary Guardian - Time to make a discovery!

Post by Djem Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Well, but the Guardian Soul is not really about any locations, so the secret might still be out there somewhere. It is probably fused with another item to create something new, like all other boss souls.

The description says:

Soul of the white winged lion sanctuary watchkeeper,
    who dreaded the spread of the Abyss.

The Guardian exhibited traits of several
    animals other than lions, suggesting that
    it was no ordinary beast, but rather closer
    to the beings known as Demons.

So, demons. Something to do with Lost Izalith?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

It has been already confirmed by devs that the Guardian Soul doesn't have any other use than for consumption. It had a planned use, supposedly to build a new weapon, but it was cut during the development of the DLC.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:18 pm

I always assumed it would let me launch lightning orbs, it made me very sad to find out that that was not the case sad

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 pm

ChizFreak wrote:It has been already confirmed by devs that the Guardian Soul doesn't have any other use than for consumption. It had a planned use, supposedly to build a new weapon, but it was cut during the development of the DLC.

Well that was unclimatic.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Djem wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:It has been already confirmed by devs that the Guardian Soul doesn't have any other use than for consumption. It had a planned use, supposedly to build a new weapon, but it was cut during the development of the DLC.

Well that was unclimatic.

Yeah lately I tend to make people sad lol, maybe my title should be "Party Crasher" instead of "Hollowed" silly
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Don't worry about it. Something new will come up.

But I really had high hopes for this one sad
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Use it like the new copper coin; IE- a way to keep track of which NG+ you're in.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:10 am

I was hoping that the soul will allow us to get a new Miracle, seeing as there are new Sorceries, one Pyromancy, but no Miracle in the DLC.

When I found it had no use, I automatically sorted it out as a trolling item, same as Pendant. happy
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 pm

lextune wrote:Use it like the new copper coin; IE- a way to keep track of which NG+ you're in.

i use the demon hammer for that…yes, i punch the Asylum Demon to death in every NG.

if they cut the weapon that could be forged from the soul, why wouldn't they cut the soul as well?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am