Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
BLA1NE
Uparkaam
Sentiel
befowler
EeAyEss
RANT
passivefamiliar
lalliman
Avenger649
Djem
raecor14
XachAttack
Dante_000
SlakeMoth
Gazman0169
Kyōkai
Rynn
21 posters

Dear God, The Dark Wood Grain Ring was just horrible.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dear God, The Dark Wood Grain Ring was just horrible. Empty Dear God, The Dark Wood Grain Ring was just horrible.

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:15 am

I just finished going through all my 7 memory units, deleting profiles I havn't touched in months. Roughly 65% of those accounts had the DWGR equipped. So a lot of the builds were completely "ruined" now, and yet, I am glad the ring is gone.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dear God, The Dark Wood Grain Ring was just horrible. Empty Re: Dear God, The Dark Wood Grain Ring was just horrible.

Post by Kyōkai Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:34 am

Well the Dark Wood Grain Ring was basically Havel's Ring, Wolf Ring, Ring of Steel Protection, etc combined before it was nerfed, after all.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dear God, The Dark Wood Grain Ring was just horrible. Empty Re: Dear God, The Dark Wood Grain Ring was just horrible.

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:35 am

The DWGR was a crutch for many, myself included, and so it served the community greatly when Fromsoft decided to give it a bit of a nerf. twisted
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 am

I never used when I equipped Havels or any other heavy stuff because it looked so daft when I rolled and it didn't do much anyway. I gave it a go on my Shadow warrior the other day though and it was fine. My triple back somersault in the piked position needs work though.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 am

Was horrible? Still is Check this Build..., Its totally not my Forest build at all >.>
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am

Dante_000 wrote:Was horrible? Still is Check this Build..., Its totally not my Forest build at all >.>

Dammit man! I am sooooo gonna get angry with you if I see someone else using this setup x_X. You're gonna bring those a-holes back!
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 am

Dante_000 wrote:Was horrible? Still is Check this Build..., Its totally not my Forest build at all >.>
    lol

The return of the Ninja Flipping Giants, it sounds like one of those poorly made b-movies you used to find on the Bravo channel! twisted
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:05 am

you good sir get a +1 for that because they may just be the best build i have ever seen.....ever.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:15 am

A simple change in class from Knight to Bandit will give you one more stat point to invest, and if you dropped dex down by one you could then add another att slot for double WoG, or you could simply equip an ascended flame in your off hand and in the other slot Black Flame for when your opponents get up close and personal! big grin

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:19 am

I am glad the ring is now at 25% equip load too. It now makes the light builds faster, who are meant to be faster than other builds in the first place.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:10 am

The DWGR was by far the best ring in the game before the patch with possibly the exception of the hornet ring.
    Saying that, the dark wood grain ring means we will see this build at the top of the arena leader boards if I decide to make it.
    http://mmdks.com/is9
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:58 am

if there was a spear somewhere in here, this would be the definition of cheesy :shock:
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 am

Huh...i'm...i'm tempted to make one of these...i hate ninja flipping giant mothers of havel though...but...huh....i never used it much myself. I like looks over function, and hated how the flip looked.

I'm glad its how it is now. Its roughly how it should have been at the start.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 am

That endurance gouging.
    I laughed so hard.
    That's FAR better then what we used to have.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 am

i wish people would use that build ALL the time against me, they would get ohko'd by me with one bs.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am

Well I finished the build yesterday and have yet to lose using it, and i'm not exactly the best PvP'er...
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 am

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oyA8odjCzZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's BACK

credit to OnlyAfro

admittedly, he doesn't ninja roll, but w/e. It's still awesome.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:58 am

I'm enjoying the game so much more without the DWGR in every build, and not just because it make big slow str weapons much more viable. The game is just more epic when you are barely midrolling out of the way instead of easily evading everything. Every successful midroll dodge just feels awesome, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnEzkbdTa0I&feature=player_detailpage#t=89s

In many ways its been like playing the game for the first time. I basically had to relearn every boss fight, and couldn't just assume that rolling was a safe counter to everything. I also love how you can date a youtube video by whether or not everyone is flipping around like idiots.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Seeing people ninja flip is ok with me, but seeing people in huge, heavy armor ninja flip is just silly. With that armor, they should have evasion capabilities of a rock.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Sentiel wrote:Seeing people ninja flip is ok with me, but seeing people in huge, heavy armor ninja flip is just silly. With that armor, they should have evasion capabilities of a rock.

Or like a certain signature on the forum says, like a potato silly
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Dante_000 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Seeing people ninja flip is ok with me, but seeing people in huge, heavy armor ninja flip is just silly. With that armor, they should have evasion capabilities of a rock.

Or like a certain signature on the forum says, like a potato silly
    ?...!
    Ah, yes, Rynn's sig. I know I've heard it somewhere before. big grin

Atnas wrote:
    When all of a sudden a guy I'm battling in heavy armor starts doing these crazy backflips! I'm very, very surprised because he shouldn't be able to do- he ought to be more like a potato when it comes to dodging!
    Yeah, I pretty much agree to this.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 pm

I actually did some Forest hunting by flipping in full Havel's a few days ago just for the sillyness of it. My only weapon was PGS and I used some miracles and pyro. It was more effective than I thought.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm glad I had made all my 120 builds future-proof! silly No DWGR on any of them, ever.

I still remember the first time I got the ring. Coming from Demon's Souls, I thought it was the coolest thing, and so unexpected, that a ring would change your rolling into a Ninja Flip! At first I thought it was just a novelty... little did I know that it would eventually become the most game-breaking piece of equipment. To this day, even after the patch, I can't see a ninja-flip without cringing.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Pretty much all of my builds now have FaP and either Wolf or Havel's equipped save for my darkstalker (Wolf/Hornets) and my hyper mode mage (Bellowing, Rtsr)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm glad it was nerfed, the fast rolling battles give a DeS nostalgia so special.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:52 pm