Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
sirnizz
Soulbreak
Sloth9230
stryks1
8 posters

The Grind :/

stryks1
    stryks1
    Casual
    Casual

The Grind :/ Empty The Grind :/

Post by stryks1 Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:03 am

Hey guys! Just a very simple and quick question...what/where is the best place to grind souls these days? I have access to all the areas including the DLC and i needa boost up to 99 ><. Suggestions?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

The Grind :/ Empty Re: The Grind :/

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:09 am

PVP, or the group of phalanx in the painted world. Make sure to equip symbol of avarice and silver serpent ring.
    Soulbreak
    Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 am

I found doing circuits of Anor Londo knights effective, especially as you can backstab one shot them with little trouble. Combined with leaving your sign near the bonfire for the extra boost of souls if someone needs help, found this to be pretty effective if you just put some music on and get stuck in.
    sirnizz
    sirnizz

Post by sirnizz Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 am

I really want to say PvP yea but it can be a pain if you don't want to gank it can take some time but you'll improve as well.

Yesterday I made 400k souls in 1hours and a half leaving my White sign in Oolacile Township, 3 times I did the whole city co oping till Manus with great Host, and some ganking I feel ashamed of myself but hey I rly wanted some souls and fast so..

Otherwise like sloth said the Phalanx are pretty good to grind with Silver serpent ring and Avarice. You can try farming the bandit in the forest and do some Pvp at the same time.

stryks1
    stryks1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by stryks1 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 am

What's the soul level for the dlc summons? I just soloed the whole thing at 50 so didnt really get summons up
    sirnizz
    sirnizz

Post by sirnizz Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Hum I think that anywhere past 70-80 is generally good for the DLC, ad once you reach 100-120 you can be summoned everywhere real easy.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:06 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14374-farming-spots-for-higher-levels

Have a look at an old thread of mine discussing similar farming spots.

I find that Anor Londo is great for farming. Starting from the Solaire bonfire to the Royal Sentinels in the main hall. When i used my pure mage, i one shotted everything with Dark Bead and earned quite a lot in a 5 minutes. Can't remember how many because that was in NG+5.

Also, the Phalanxes in Ariamis. Get some AoE spells like WoG, Fire Tempest or just Dark Bead and go to town with them. A few seconds walk-back to the bonfire. About 9k souls per run that finished in less than a minute? Rinse and repeat.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:17 pm

I'd suggest Great/Chaos fireball, since any build can use it.

Faith charcters will completely destroy them with wog though, and I tried dark bead... turns out there shields are stronger than I thought.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I'd suggest Great/Chaos fireball, since any build can use it.

Faith charcters will completely destroy them with wog though, and I tried dark bead... turns out there shields are stronger than I thought.

With the Dusk crown, 50 Int, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and the Manus Catalyst - i could one shot them.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Dusk crown mean no symbol of avarice though.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Dusk crown mean no symbol of avarice though.

Because of the fast rate/speed of the run, it's not necessary.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:12 pm

I've always had a good time with the Baby Skeletons before Nito. Great Humanity drops and at 100 souls per, after awhile the souls add up.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Emergence wrote:I've always had a good time with the Baby Skeletons before Nito. Great Humanity drops and at 100 souls per, after awhile the souls add up.
    I agree with Emergence, that's a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

You can also go to New Londo. While Darkwraiths don't drop much souls and they may take some time to kill, they also drop titanite Chunks and Slabs. Again, killing two invaders with one WoG. big grin
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Emergence wrote:I've always had a good time with the Baby Skeletons before Nito. Great Humanity drops and at 100 souls per, after awhile the souls add up.
    I agree with Emergence, that's a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

You can also go to New Londo. While Darkwraiths don't drop much souls and they may take some time to kill, they also drop titanite Chunks and Slabs. Again, killing two invaders with one WoG. big grin
    Why has nobody mentioned the forest? 9000 souls in a minute's work, and if you take out your wireless adapter or turn off your router, no one can invade you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm