A very creative title about Covenants

Snuggles

Re: A very creative title about Covenants

Post by Snuggles on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Dragon hunting covenant. Joining adds a bunch of dragons you have to kill to level up. And you get armor and weapons made from the dragons you kill.

Covenant specific upgrade paths for weapons.

Covenant that makes certain enemies allies, like the black knights sprinkled around DkS. Maybe some NPC's attacking certain covenant members on sight.

messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 am

mr_no_face wrote:I want some covenants to have armories.

Example: The Gravelord cov you can choose light or heavy armor but have to exchange one for the other OR have to perform certain tasks to obtain both. Same for weapons , keeping the curved sword the theme weapon , or a dagger? or both for a secondary primary weapon set so that people really KNOW where you are coming from lol. The swords should be rewarded for taking out certain amounts of targets them being hosts or summoned phantoms. Obtain the regular curved sword for joining and receive the dagger for a great poison stat and then later obtain the ultra curved sword for ranking up a great deal. And Gravelording being a cov of the DEAD, give the player better necromancy or just straight up be the source for necromancy IF that is implemented in the new game. Hell it could still be a sorcery , just have it tabbed under necromancy.

Have a better ranking system with special rewards for accomplishing a great feat in the covenant like defeating a certain amount of apposing covenant players and/or defeating the enemy cov boss.

Another covenant that could have a great armory is the Dark Moon Blade cov and the Dragon Cov and hell almost all of them could have greater options

EXPAND on that thought I want to see what YOU come up with

Yes, yes, and yes! Really liking this! But instead of working your way up from "little" blade to "big "blade, why not have it set up to cater to your playstyle and taste? Could be as simple as spending souls, or even better, have required tasks for acquistion of each particular weapon, armor, ring, consumable, etc. Some things should be automatic upon joining, as you want to have it known which covenant you are representing of course. I.e, Gravelords get the Sword Dance, the Darkmoons their Blue Stone, the Dragons the Head, and Sunbros their Lightning Spear.

Also, as a sidenote, i don't think there necessarily has to be more covenants, just simply better ones (although more is always a good thing too! happy). Much more thought out anyways. Way of the White was essentially useless. I know it got you matched up more quickly early on, but it was filler IMO. Same for Princess Guard, as that could have been something the Sunbros or Darkmoons absorbed, as IMO, shattering the illusion of Gywnevere should have brought on a combination of assault via the DMB and the PG!

Really like the idea as well that the covenant you join should be much more central to the story, and betrayal should have a much heftier price than simply going to Oswald to be absolved of guilt. While i like it for the practical uses of acquiring things and spell specific to covs in DkS, i also hate the fact that i can join and unjoin any cov at a whim. There needs to be more of a personal flavor to covs in this next installment, IMO.

Last edited by messremb on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total

messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:34 am

Snuggles wrote:Dragon hunting covenant. Joining adds a bunch of dragons you have to kill to level up. And you get armor and weapons made from the dragons you kill.

Covenant specific upgrade paths for weapons.

Covenant that makes certain enemies allies, like the black knights sprinkled around DkS. Maybe some NPC's attacking certain covenant members on sight.

Love all of it you got here! Like i said in my post/rant above, these things you said would definitely make you think about which covenant best represents your roleplay or build, and force you to live with the benefits as well the consequences.
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:09 am

MosquitoPower wrote:Not enough covenant effect ideas here so im tossing one in:

cheers Super Sun Bros. cheers

Join up, get an orb type thing and a ring.
    Need a buddy in a pinch? Use the orb, summons blue phantom in your level range that has the ring on.

Board? Put on the ring and be ready for co-op that could take place anywhere.

Pros: Convenient is great for co-op at higher levels or spots where there is nothing fun to farm.

Downsides: Not well liked by invaders who want some quality 1 on 1 fights. Too easy to get help?, may pull to many people away so it’s hard to get summoned any other way. No control, hard to plan for right gear.

Similar idea: Sunbros get an orb they can use, when they use it, they enter another player's world without their consent, like an invader! But they are actually helpers, and cannot attack the host, nor be attacked by the host. The host can use the black crystal to send them away at will, though.

You use the orb, and be like "I WILL ASSIST YOU IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, MOFO!"
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Here is an interesting idea from another topic where we were discussing the odd bug where a summon shows up as an invader. Sir-Flicker had an interesting twist idea that this could be a covenant effect:

Sir-flicker wrote:Apparently morality is rumoured to be a big part of Dark Souls 2. So maybe if your particularly evil when you try to summon help...they turn out be invaders (maybe similar to the Darkmoon covenant)It would be like punishment for your evil crimes (looking at all the low lvl greifers out there)
    vereornox

Post by vereornox on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:12 pm

A sort of questline for covenants
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:32 am

A new covenant called "A very creative Covenant name"
    Where we would do very creative things.

I was thinking maybe a covenant that allows you to invade people for unique items

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]

messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Like i said before, all i really want is for the covenants is this one to actually mean something, and have severe reprisal and punishment for choosing to abandon/betray/fail one. This whimsical musical chairs we got right now is just kinda off-putting really. I like the things i can get right now, but other than that, i really have felt no investment in sticking to one, other than for pure roleplay purposes alone.

That said, here's an off the top of my head quick brainstorm of what i'd like to see stay at least:

Darkwraiths (revised slightly)

Forest Hunters (revised moderately.....needs safe/safer spawnpoints, secret sniper areas, better ambush points, and most importantly, more rewards!)

Dragonbros (revised slightly)

Chaos (revised heavily)

Gravelord (revised heavily)

Blades/Sunbros/Princess Guard (revised heavily......would like to see these 3 all combined into one giant covenant, ala Way of White Church or some much better name someone else could come up with, that would branch off into what you want to do after awhile, be it jolly co-op, seeking of sinners, aiding bosses, being bosses ala Old Monk, or massive healing buffs. They would all need extensive rework, especially PG, but there could be **** of interesting possibilites here)
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:41 pm

I want this game to be like what they said Dark souls was going to be . I want to be able to walk to where i see off in the distance. There were too many cliffs where you couldn't walk to where you saw it was just a place filler pic. Also I recall a video interview when they were showing off Duke's Archive and the man said that "this is an area that players may not discover in the game until maybe the second or third playthrough." I want more areas like that. The Great Hallow was a good one but maybe a place a little more cleverly hidden than just 2 illusory walls -.- Maybe a doorway hidden buy some brush in a ruined castle or an arrow in the wall that is secretly a lever

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 am