Going for completion at Level 1 (Help)

passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Going for completion at Level 1 (Help)

Post by passivefamiliar on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:38 pm

So many posts....so few people posting...

A SL1 run is for those who have alot of tiem. I would like to, but honestly can't find the time to bother. I'm doing a no bonfire run, which kinda negates farming. But thats half the fun.

This, just seems torcherously masochistic. But good luck. There is good info here, SL1 or just trying to play. Honestly, good info. Not bashing it. But its more general tips, alot of this is what you should do even if your SL50 trying to get through the depths or catacombs. Its just good tips.

pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:47 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:I'm doing a no bonfire run, which kinda negates farming..

Unless it's also a no blacksmith run, I reckon you'd still be farming titanite, no?

Catbro. Mrrkgnao.
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:27 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:So many posts....so few people posting...

A SL1 run is for those who have alot of tiem. I would like to, but honestly can't find the time to bother. I'm doing a no bonfire run, which kinda negates farming. But thats half the fun.

This, just seems torcherously masochistic. But good luck. There is good info here, SL1 or just trying to play. Honestly, good info. Not bashing it. But its more general tips, alot of this is what you should do even if your SL50 trying to get through the depths or catacombs. Its just good tips.

Thats actually what I Like about Sl1 runs. It's basically like a run where you level, only you wear different gear because weight. and the problems you run into (not being able to turtle bosses, having to play on point 100% of the time) Are exagerrated.

Normally I take any Sl1 I'm about to finish Gwyn on and turn it into a pvp build, I get any relavent items/spells then Empty my souls into titanite or whatever then go through NG+ leveling. It really cuts down on the boredom of making new PvP builds.
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 pm

To me, the challenge of a SL1 run comes down to a single point...the point you can't put into dex, leaving you at 9. Limiting the number of weapons you use, not being able to wield a bow, this forces you to play in ways you never expected.

When I do low level runs I have a love-hate relationship with the RoFaP. The extra health and stamina is SO beneficial, but I hate losing that one ring slot permanently. On a recent play, I actually took it off, and traded the Xanthous crown for one I could use later if I decided. I just like being able to double up rings like the Rusted ring and Covetous Gold for farming the swamp.
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:12 pm

I always take RoFaP off when fighting Four Kings to be able to use Red Tearstone. Then I trade Xanthous Crown for another RoFaP. I'm so glad I can do that. I had NO idea it was possible and my SL1 run on NG was then without RoFaP. Well, I prepared beforehand, so I only had to kill Gwyn afterwards, but with that tiny stamina, I couldn't even parry some of his attacks. :/
    It was a pain to deal with, so I rather spammed him to death.
    Can't believe he can be hurt by Fire...

EDIT:
    I'm starting to feel like doing a complex guide to SL1 run, but I'm still not sure if anyone actually wants and can use it, not to mention of there already is one...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:33 am