Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
sure-magicians
Seth Winternight
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
inchymo188
AshLumi
shadowzninjaz
LordRevan
ViralEnsign_
Taueth
RePaused
GrizzlyJunkz
dantheman123
ThatPerson
Murkulanvippi
raecor14
FattyOfDoom
Ghadis_God
NinjaVanish
BeeSeaEss
billy_bayonet
Hydreigon11
KusaiCharlz
Hisoka
The Letter X
Jansports
Hokucho
Artorias The Abyss Walker
WaLKA
bunnywink
hageshisa
Demon Slayer
FinPeku
slowturtles
ChaosMoogle
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
DoughGuy
twilightwarwolf
Spurgun
Ahhotep1
44 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Hisoka

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 4 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by Hisoka Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:46 am

I would like to join The Exiled of Ariamis. My gt for xbox is MLG Nightmare69
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 4 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:51 am

Hisoka wrote:I would like to join The Exiled of Ariamis. My gt for xbox is MLG Nightmare69

Hisoka, you are most welcome to join the Exiled of Ariamis! Please read page 1 of this thread. There you will find most of the info you need to get started. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or pm me happy

I will add you to the roster in the morning my time (USA-CST)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 am

Th build i'm using right now.
    It doesn't have any weapon selected since i usually swap often. My favorite right now is the regular rapier with a great scythe in the second slot.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:42 am

I fail to understand how anyone can use a rapier. They just feel wrong. Flimsy maybe.

Maybe its just my temperament. I'm a fan of blunt force trauma.

Ever notice that maces always suck? In everything, despite being highly destructive IRL.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am

The rapier has fast attack, and can attack from behind a shield. So it's more about slowly killing your enemy.
    It also does a huge amount of damage on crits, at least compared to most other dex weapons.

EDIT. It also hits most of the time after you've deadangle roared someone, so that a good thing.
    But i think it's a bit too short for me, might switch to the estoc later.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:28 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I fail to understand how anyone can use a rapier. They just feel wrong. Flimsy maybe.

Maybe its just my temperament. I'm a fan of blunt force trauma.

Ever notice that maces always suck? In everything, despite being highly destructive IRL.

Season 2 WoW Arena, Mace Stun. OP as hell.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:47 pm

There are exceptions to every rule. That doesn't change my point.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm

A large portion of the DS weapon that still have infinite stunlock are maces, so there's that.

Also http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=242038882476760359

I plan on mostly using Logan's cat but want the weight available to use TCC if the mood strikes me, I'm not sure 19 is enough attunment, and the END is lowish because honestly I want to force myself to not use the MLGS swings as much as I know I want to, I've seen dirty nasty things done with the R2s when unlocked and I'd like to learn to use it and spells. I've also never used WDB in pvp, not sure how well it'll work out, I guess at worst I can swap it to HCSM or another CSS but I'd really like if I could learn to utilize it.
    Hokucho
    Hokucho
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hokucho Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:12 am

Hey boss, I havent recieved that email about my bio edits yet. Did you send it or are you still working on it?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:46 am

Infinite stun is only good against newbies or people who suck. A good player will turn the tables with a toggle parry.

They are better in dks than in most games, I'll give you that, but compared to the mura, katana or zweihander they're underwhelming. (by they I mean hammers/maces not their oversized bretheren) They're short and the miss stagger is just terrible, especially as its only the smaller blunt weapons that have it while the great club can hammer away at will, pivoting to slam would be bsers.

Blade beam is really good if you keep repair powder on you. The aoe can make it incredibly difficult to avoid. Its ints great fire ball. It suffers the same roll bs weakness too though.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 am

Hokucho wrote:Hey boss, I havent recieved that email about my bio edits yet. Did you send it or are you still working on it?
    I have to admit im thinking the same thing
    Hokucho
    Hokucho
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hokucho Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 am

Here's my setup: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=259426018479564962
    Sendout to Lord of Ash for helping me get to the req.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 am

Hokucho wrote:Hey boss, I havent recieved that email about my bio edits yet. Did you send it or are you still working on it?

HAHAHA!! Yep...read them both. Thought I had sent those pm's sorry! Too much mail last couple days....sorry!

@Hokucho: There are only a few things you'll need to adjust. Other then that nice job!!

@TWO: Yours was a hard read....you do need to shorten it a bit and choose a larger font. There was one other thing which is in my notes which are at home. Other then that it was obvious you put alot time and effort into its creation ....nice work!!

I will (promise!) Pm you both with the specifics when I get home. big grin
    Hokucho
    Hokucho
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hokucho Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:21 am

Wow, almost immidiately upon reaching the appropriate soul level the protection orders start rolling in
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:06 am

Hokucho wrote:Wow, almost immidiately upon reaching the appropriate soul level the protection orders start rolling in

WHOA! It appears the Painted World has yet another fierce warrior (I am assuming it is the PW you speak of...) twisted
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 am

Unlocked MLGS aiming is a little easier than I expected, the explosion seems to do more poise damage than a normal 2hr2 from a greatsword, but I can't be totally certain, I just notice it stagger a lot of folks.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:58 pm

I've never not been staggered if it hits, so I'd guess it is upwards of 60 poise damage.
    KusaiCharlz

Post by KusaiCharlz Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Hello,
    I'd like to join this covenant, I will have to build a new character as my current one is SL120.
    My PSN ID is the same as my username on this forum: KusaiCharlz
    Hokucho
    Hokucho
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hokucho Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Yep, Darkmooner in the Painted World.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:30 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR EXILES. MAY YOU REAP MANY THIS COMING YEAR!

Last edited by ChaosMoogle on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 pm

KusaiCharlz wrote:Hello,
    I'd like to join this covenant, I will have to build a new character as my current one is SL120.
    My PSN ID is the same as my username on this forum: KusaiCharlz

Kuz you are welcomed as member of the Exiled of Ariamis!! cheers

Please read our OP on page 1 of this thread. Please note, sl 99 is for Arena Tournies only. You will need a sl 60 or 80...sl 100 Darkmoon is fine as well.

Also, when your build(s) is complete please post them here. use mugenmonkey. Thanks!! happy

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks ChoasMoogle cheers

However, we are not the Lifehunters anymore. Lifehunter cove died and The Exiled of Ariamis was resurrected in its place. lol!
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Haha! My bad silly I blame the Vodka Well What is it
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 pm

ChaosMoogle wrote:Haha! My bad silly I blame the Vodka Well What is it

lol! cheers lol! cheers lol!

WILL DO!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:04 pm

So I got my PS3 working [somewhat] enough to download updates. Not sure when I'll be getting to DkS on it since I'm running around applying to jobs and I'm also working tomorrow. But if I could plan a co-op session with someone that could toss me some decent dex weps and armor to help me power through to PW I'd appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 am