Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Derpwraith
Green__Eagle
Pilgrim34
Latitoast
Animaaal
CappuccinoJak
Carphil
Ashran
EeAyEss
fujiphoenix
Hydreigon11
User1
PwnasauresRex
Infighter
Jester's Tears
Odinbear
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
BLA1NE
befowler
Kyōkai
gaarafrednorris
GkMrBane
Joichiro
bunnywink
reim0027
Ghadis_God
The Letter X
Sloth9230
lalliman
Nybbles
PlasticandRage
TheMeInTeam
RANT
Sentiel
lordgodofhell
Spurgun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ARSP
steveswede
44 posters

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread

Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Inbox of a Darkwraith thread

Post by Joichiro Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 pm

steveswede wrote:
    Joichiro wrote:steveswede can you show me your build? i'm a little bit interested in low sl pvp

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 3 Stats

Spells:

Power within
    Black fame
    Great combustion

now that's interesting and i'm gonna make a low sl build :'D what's the top Sl for low lv invasions?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Joichiro wrote:now that's interesting and i'm gonna make a low sl build :'D what's the top Sl for low lv invasions?

I have absolutely no idea but I've faced people that are able to carry Havel's shield and have health in the 1000's with heavy armour.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:04 am

This happened a while ago, so the message is gone by now. But you see, someone sent me hate mail saying that I spammed Tranquil Walk of Peace on them when really I just used Seek Guidance in order to troll them.

/keikakudoori
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Kyōkai wrote:This happened a while ago, so the message is gone by now. But you see, someone sent me hate mail saying that I spammed Tranquil Walk of Peace on them when really I just used Seek Guidance in order to troll them.

/keikakudoori

Heh, I do this a lot, it drives people nuts.

More experienced DWs probably know all about this, but I was alternating between invasions and coop in Anor Londo and it was locking me into player groups so tightly that nearly every person I invaded and killed ended up summoning me shortly thereafter because my sign would show up first when they revived. I did get some (uncreative) hatemail but most folks were surprisingly mellow about it, it was like I was auditioning to be their summon by first showing my PvP skillz. It also made the runs actually safer because my own prior invasion set the timer and blocked anyone else from getting to us for a while. Good times.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:56 am

I invaded for a few hours today for the first time in a while. Only got 2 people message me: the first ended up sending me a friend request, the other wrote "lol that was good".

Am I doing it wrong? silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:27 am

IDK. I rarely get hatemail either. Maybe it is because I lose too much?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 pm

reim0027 wrote:IDK. I rarely get hatemail either. Maybe it is because I lose too much?

This is my thought...

But even then I don't get much hatemail even when I'm in the forest w/ my pure caster build that can 2 shot almost everyone. (only time it took more was when I was fighting a guy w/ 99 vit.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 pm

I've yet to get hatemail since I cleared my messages. The closest I've gotten to it since then was, "That was cheap" when all I did was kick-> R1 and parry + riposte.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:23 pm

The Letter X wrote:I've yet to get hatemail since I cleared my messages. The closest I've gotten to it since then was, "That was cheap" when all I did was kick-> R1 and parry + riposte.

Well there's your mistake right there. You're supposed to just stand there and die.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:I've yet to get hatemail since I cleared my messages. The closest I've gotten to it since then was, "That was cheap" when all I did was kick-> R1 and parry + riposte.

Well there's your mistake right there. You're supposed to just stand there and die.

If I took all of my opponents' advice since I started PvP, that's exactly what I'd be doing because everything else wasn't fair.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Really X? Huh, I thought you would get a lot from tanks.

Well the most recent one was when I DM in the painted world for the target and his 2 phantoms. It was honorable(no bs or ganker build) 2v1 till the target decided to spam soul spear and I use fire tempest on all 3. Didn't kill them but left them with 10% hp. Then the target sends me a hatemail calling me a cheating *** and that I left him with no healing items or spells. Funny thing: His phantoms message me apoglizing(?) that the target ruined the battle.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Really X? Huh, I thought you would get a lot from tanks.

Well the most recent one was when I DM in the painted world for the target and his 2 phantoms. It was honorable(no bs or ganker build) 2v1 till the target decided to spam soul spear and I use fire tempest on all 3. Didn't kill them but left them with 10% hp. Then the target sends me a hatemail calling me a cheating *** and that I left him with no healing items or spells. Funny thing: His phantoms message me apoglizing(?) that the target ruined the battle.

Why tanks?

And I would have loved to witness that. They probably had a synchronized "OH ****!"
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:00 pm

From what I could tell they were helping a new player who was really having an issue with the boss. Although they got hit, the phantoms knew to get away while the target tried to charge me.

I find that when I get hatemail, it's the result of the target dying a lot in the area or I did something they can't. Most times I get nothing or thanks if I fight honorable or help fight against DW.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Killing newer players turns them off from the game in ways that a difficult computer environment never could. Yes they can summon phantoms, but low level invading is just cruel. Getting a +10 fire weapon by Sens' requires beating Quelaag, Ceaseless Discharge, and running through the Demon Ruins, and running through the cats to get to Vamos, something new players are not equipped or knowledgeable enough to do. Using fully upgraded weapons on new players is an insurmountable advantage, and I can't understand why anyone would want to kill players that can't put up a fight.

Assumptions..... All low level players are not new players. "griefing"? Or playing the game?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Odinbear wrote:

Assumptions..... All low level players are not new players. "griefing"? Or playing the game?

Anyone who's already played the game can just breeze through the early levels. The only people you're going to invade are people who are looking for low level PVP(in which case they probably don't want to fight people with a +5 lightning weapon either) or new players.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:23 pm

I've been invading in the forest as a darkmoon for the last hour or so. I originally planned on ambushing forest hunters that spawned after the fact and thought I was one of them, but it's just too difficult to not help them kill campers/gankers instead, so that's really all I've been doing, and I don't think I've ever received as much hate mail. I've only been doing it for an hour and I've already got 3 messages in my inbox calling me names in the subject heading. One of them I took out as a 3v1 by myself too, and apparently that dictates my sexual preference. All I can say is that homosexuals must be awesome at Dark Souls, because I'm continuously being mistaken for one in my inbox.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Haha I love Darkwraiths in the forest, they're always so unpredictable. Friend or Foe? Gotta love them collective action problems.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 pm

It's the first time I've ever really done it. I think I'm actually liking it better than hosting by myself, because everyone seems to just attack you on site. FH or hosts, doesn't seem to matter.

Although most of the FH's have been leaving me alone once they see me attacking the host.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:30 pm

I always see Darkwraiths in the Forest as a threat until proven otherwise. If they did not already backstab the host and give me a proper bow after I invaded then we're in for a fun 1v1v1.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm

I've been back-stabbed by too many Darkwraiths to trust them, so I just leave them alone. If I see one fighting a gank I'll usually try and help them though, try being the keyword. I can't help it if they get caught in the crossfire.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 pm

^ That does make it difficult to definitively choose one side or the other. Once the fists start flying you take damage from everyone, regardless of who you've decided to back up.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 pm

It's think it's funny when the gankers have a red phantom on their side, and try using AoE attacks. I saw some guy get launched off a cliff via FireTempest lol.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:45 pm

When dealing with DW in the forest, kill them on sight. I can't trust them there, gotten backstabbed too many times by them. If I invade and see one fighting gankers it's either fire tempest or a 2-hand moonlight greatsword. Kill 4 birds with one stone.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 pm

I love to DW in the forest. To avoid ganks just go over alvina's bridge and invade there so you spawn near Sif's entrance. At least then you get some time to see what the situation is... but I still never get hate mail. Got more in the kiln a month after release, haven't really seen any since then.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:24 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:One of them I took out as a 3v1 by myself too, and apparently that dictates my sexual preference. All I can say is that homosexuals must be awesome at Dark Souls, because I'm continuously being mistaken for one in my inbox.

Haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:35 am