Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Hatsune Miku
PlasticandRage
LunarFog
7 posters

Handful of questions

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Handful of questions Empty Handful of questions

Post by LunarFog Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:45 am

Are the Black Knight weapons fun to use? Especially their heavy attacks?

Is there a difference in stamina consumption whether your two hand a weapon or not?

Which weapons have attacks that send people flying into the air?

How good is 2000 HP and 550 Defense for a level 120 PvP?

Does anyone know the stat benefits of Iron Flesh and Havel's shield's skill? And can they stack together?

Oh, and did anyone else know that iron flesh and Stoneskin makes people's weapons bounce off of you when they hit you? I didn't.

Last edited by LunarFog on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Handful of questions Empty Re: Handful of questions

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am

I don't really like most of the Black Knight weapons, but a lot of people do. The only one I've ever gotten any use out of is the Ultra GS, and I kinda like my Zwiehander better. I just find that the faster R2 attack suits me better. It's all a question of style. If you feel comfortable with using them, then use them. They're not bad weapons as far as damage output goes.

Yes, there's usually a difference in stamina consumption between 1h and 2h a weapon, but only in regards to the different moves your doing with that weapon. The slash you do with 1h R1, with say the long sword, isn't the same move you do with R1 2h with the long sword, so they're going to take different amounts of stamina to perform. If you meant outside of attacks, then no, there is no difference.

As far as sending people flying, I know the Stone GA's 2h R2 combo does, the BK UGS's 2h R2 does also I think. The two Arty sword's R2 attacks send people flying away from you, but not vertically. I'm pretty sure there's a couple more, but I'm drawing a blank. The BKGA might have a move that does too. I can't remember. The DGM might also, now that I think about it. I was pretty sure that both of it's R2's flattened you instead, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I remember fighting someone who had one once, and getting shot into the air. I could be wrong about that last one though.

And yes, 2000 HP is good, regardless of your level. VIT pretty much soft caps at 40, which is 1500 HP, and after that any HP gains you get come at much lower increments. That's not including the use of items that increase your HP outside of VIT increases, like the mask of the mother, the tiny being's ring, and the RoFaP. So yes, 2000 HP is going to be sufficient both at 120, and beyond.

Not sure about Iron Flesh and Havel's GS's special. I'd think they do stack. It'd be a neat thing to try.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:07 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I don't really like most of the Black Knight weapons, but a lot of people do. The only one I've ever gotten any use out of is the Ultra GS, and I kinda like my Zwiehander better. I just find that the faster R2 attack suits me better. It's all a question of style. If you feel comfortable with using them, then use them. They're not bad weapons as far as damage output goes.

Yes, there's usually a difference in stamina consumption between 1h and 2h a weapon, but only in regards to the different moves your doing with that weapon. The slash you do with 1h R1, with say the long sword, isn't the same move you do with R1 2h with the long sword, so they're going to take different amounts of stamina to perform. If you meant outside of attacks, then no, there is no difference.

As far as sending people flying, I know the Stone GA's 2h R2 combo does, the BK UGS's 2h R2 does also I think. The two Arty sword's R2 attacks send people flying away from you, but not vertically. I'm pretty sure there's a couple more, but I'm drawing a blank. The BKGA might have a move that does too. I can't remember.

I agree with everything Plastic said. No much needs to be said from me, because of that.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:18 am

And 550 physical defense is bonkers. How did you even manage that?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:43 am

Actually Plastic, Vit softcaps at 50, 40 gives you 1325 while 50 gives you 1500. Any level past 50 will give you a very small increase.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:47 am

XachAttack wrote:Actually Plastic, Vit softcaps at 50, 40 gives you 1325 while 50 gives you 1500. Any level past 50 will give you a very small increase.

My bad. If you have it in front of you, I'm sure you're right.

^ Yeah, you are right. I must have been thinking endurance

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:58 am

Forum Pirate wrote:And 550 physical defense is bonkers. How did you even manage that?

Full Giant's armor, Havel's shield, Dragon Greataxe, Dragon Sword, Ring of Steel Defense. yep yep.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:22 am

Which weapons have attacks that send people flying into the air?

The best weapon for this is of course: The Dragon Bone Fist's R2 attack happy
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 am

^ SHORYUUKEN!

But yeah, the second hit of the Demon's Greataxe's 1h R2 combo skyrockets people. The Black Knight Greatsword's 2h R2 does it too. Dragon Bone Fist's R2, as said above.

That's all I really know about it.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 am

The Black Knight Swords R2 attack will send lesser foes flying backwards, and in Firelink it is possible to launch them across the gap to the area where the first RoS is located using this move. lol

Failing that the Dragon Bone Fist and Black Knight Greatsword can be just as gratifying when it comes to sending foes skyward, but be warned the build-up on both is well telegraphed, and so be sure to allow yourself enough time and distance to pull the move off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am