Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
BeeSeaEss
mugenis4real
Rifter7
WyrmHero
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Saturday-Saint
Glutebrah
PwnasauresRex
Rynn
13 posters

MODUS OF OPPERANDI: "TRYHARD" ENGAGED

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

MODUS OF OPPERANDI: "TRYHARD" ENGAGED Empty MODUS OF OPPERANDI: "TRYHARD" ENGAGED

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:48 am

Imagine for a moment you are invaded by someone that knows how to throw fireballs without lockon, and this is what you see.

http://mmdks.com/i0t

I'm thinking of doing that and making it a ganker hunting build.
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

MODUS OF OPPERANDI: "TRYHARD" ENGAGED Empty Re: MODUS OF OPPERANDI: "TRYHARD" ENGAGED

Post by PwnasauresRex Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:52 am

I wouldnt be too sure what to do.....

It does look good to hunt them gankers
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

MODUS OF OPPERANDI: "TRYHARD" ENGAGED Empty Re: MODUS OF OPPERANDI: "TRYHARD" ENGAGED

Post by Glutebrah Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:15 am

i would LOL cuz 1 swing of my katana and u are stunlocked to death
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:16 am

I imagine I would roll through one fireball, press R1 three times, then wait for the next invader.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 am

Glutebrah wrote:i would LOL cuz 1 swing of my katana and u are stunlocked to death
    Where have you been all day? XD
    I havn't had someone stun lock me on my pure faith build yet. I always play 0 poise because most players suck at stunlocking. <3
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:41 am

Rynn wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:i would LOL cuz 1 swing of my katana and u are stunlocked to death
    I havn't had someone stun lock me on my pure faith build yet. I always play 0 poise because most players suck at stunlocking. <3

if i hit you once and see it staggers you the next time i will swing twice and that would be your 900 life pool.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:58 am

Glutebrah wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

if i hit you once and see it staggers you the next time i will swing twice and that would be your 900 life pool.
    Yeah, I've had some players do that... But that's why I play with such a small life pool Glute. I'm expecting if I let someone hit me twice, I'm dead.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 am

It looks great for catching people by surprise, but I think that after a few fights people would get the hang of it and you could be in some trouble.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:14 am

That's why I have 3 different schools of magic! If one of my strategies is failing, I have many others I can easily pull out with this build! <3. The pyromancy, sorcery, and the faith are all capable of being used to devastating success, so I can switch it up mid-fight if necessarily beneficial to me. I can always attune a different batch of spells at the bonfire if someone really figures me out.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:26 am

Fair enough. If you're cycling through enough different spells at bonnys it could keep things fresh and dangerous.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:46 am

I'll take out my bow and laugh as I kill you while you're trying to desperately throw fireballs at me.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:51 am

WyrmHero wrote:I'll take out my bow and laugh as I kill you while you're trying to desperately throw fireballs at me.
    Who the hell throws a fireball when their opponent has a bow out? I sure don't. I tend to start doing attacks with my rapier when that happens.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:56 am

rollstab.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:58 am

Well hey at least someone found a use for the Tin Darkmoon Catalyst right?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 am

Hey, criticize Dark Bead all you want but it's pretty much the only spell in the game that gives the DM Cat a reason for existing.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 am

bad rifter, no roll stabs, instead just kick them when they pull back. it's hilarious, they get so pissed
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:02 am

bk shield plus gmb and your entire arsenal is rendered null, just add a moon light butter horn to turtle with to take eadvantage of your low magic defense and voila, heck a divine pike would work too since a gmb faith build is the best counter to that....

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=139655444760081412
    maybe try this soul arrow cannon? pw will only do 2 dmg a second with that much hp so the sanctus will halve the rate at which you die.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:04 am

XD....
    I have DONE that before... it's hilarious.
    If you cast GMB I can dodge for 40 seconds. I'm not just going to stand there if your build has so blatantly countered me.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 am

Rynn wrote:XD....
    I have DONE that before... it's hilarious.
    If you cast GMB I can dodge for 40 seconds. I'm not just going to stand there if your build has so blatantly countered me.

This!

When I'm on my mage I just don't engage if you have GMB activated. There's no reason to. What's funny is that the cleric gets so desperate to take advantage of that buff that they go crazy trying to hurt me.

But I'm just ninja-flipping around waiting until you aren't protected anymore. silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:10 am

I engage on my Dark Magic mage through GMB. Because I kind of find it hilarious to watch Dark Bead do 690 damage anyway. But otherwise I don't engage when GMB is up.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:11 am

point happy, but in pvp its easy to make a mistake in 40 seconds. which could get you killed with so many mid/ close range spells and low hp. if i remember correctly you've got some practice free throwing lightning spears right? switch out an emit force for great lightning spear just to have an element type thats less defended against. and has no spell counters... except for vos which just means 20 seconds of dodging away....
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 am

I'd do that, but spears beg for one to get backstabbed. Even though I could free-aim them, I concluded that It wasn't efficient enough to waste attunement slots on.

Also if you aggressively attacks me, I'd probably use Combustion like a lion tamers whip, and force you to either keep your distance or die. You can't attack me while I use combustion, or your black knight shield will fail to do it's job.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:32 am

I like that it has low vit and 0 poise. 2 things I NEVER see in pvp which I'd like to see more of.

My only critique would be the 50 attunement. If playing Darksoulsmindseye for a day is the mission why not 45 dex? Drop a ton of those copies of spells cause they are not needed.

Case in point, 2 emit force? surely that is unnecessary.

Overall, I like the armor choice and having no shield is bossy.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:05 am

2 emit force is 12 Great Fireballs. It was cost effective to use the slots.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 am

Once again, that is a build that I'd never pull off. But hey, if it works for you then it doesn't matter. I'm not going to give my opinion on the build since I personally haven't fought you to know how well you put it to use, but it has potential in the right hands.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 am