Shields Pages

ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Re: Shields Pages

Post by ublug on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:06 am

BLA1NE wrote:I don't know about the divine and int thing though, never noticed that!
    I have known about this for some time, but added it to the bugs section recently when I were reminded of it.
    But as Whknight said, maybe it's only an error on the stats menu. I have no idea since I have never made a divine shield.
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:02 pm

I will see about the intelligence thing, currently trying to make my way to the Tomb of the Giants to farm white titanite chunks :x

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Ahaaaaa......I feel special now, just lost 37 humanity and a 1800000+ souls trying to get to the tomb of giant bonfire.......good start to the farming.....

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:40 am

Well, went up a couple levels and I didn't see a change in either, probably because the damage bonus is so low that I never noticed a difference. Unfortunately I do not want to raise my character any higher as this is my coop character (and my only character) and I am already at lv 70 :S.

An easy way to check would be to have someone make 2 +5 divine shields (same shield) on a intelligence character and a faith character. The shields should only take base titanites and greens so it should be easy to make.

I've managed to gather 81 white titanite chunks so far, hopefully I can gather a few more tomorrow and get some shields to +9

Finally, sorry for the triple post :S

Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:17 am

41 is the required amount to change the shields, can upgrade each to +6 then you will have 9 remaining and can do the upgrade glitch to get the +9/10 data. Interesting about the scaling, I think this is something the BB glitch may be required, next time I get on I'll give it a nice prod.

I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:37 pm

I noticed that my values for the Sanctus are differing at +5 divine than what is currently there (not sure why, I have not been including the plus values so that shouldn't be the issue). As it is requested on the page Whknight linked in the Hurray for Shields thread that information should only be added, should I add my values in brackets until someone confirms them?

Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Go ahead and replace yours over what is listed, I figured some of it's information would be off.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:59 pm

A quick check through the history tells me those numbers were added November 20, so they've probably change post-patch (not to mention I think the physical damage values for Divine and Divine +5 were entered switched!).

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, go ahead and change them to the right number!

(By the way, if you've gathered new numbers yourself, then you know for a fact they're correct, so you can go ahead and change those on the wiki. Just make sure you didn't make any errors noting down the numbers or make typos entering them in the wiki, and there shouldn't be any problem.)

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:58 am

Ok, I have updated many of the divine shields, the information in them should be correct, checked all of the +9s and +10s, not all of the base or +5 (had already upgraded past those).

Shields that are not done categorized by reason:

1) Shields I do not have:
    - small leather shield
    - leather shield
    - buckler
    - warrior's round shield
    - East/West Shield
    -Gargoyle's Shield
    -Sunlight Shield
    -Iron Round Shield
    -Tower Shield
    (The rest I think use twinkling titatnite)

If all goes well, I should have the first five done at a later date if I can obtain them, the others will need someone who has them to do them.

2) Need the materials: Plank Shield, should be done by me at a later date

3) Need to redo: Sanctum, upgraded past +5 before changing the current values, will need to redo to + 5, I will do this at a later date.

Sorry that I haven't been able to do more :/ I may do some work on divine weapons at a later date, though I will try to touch up what I can here first.

Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:47 am

No worries, I can handle the last three next time I am able to play. Thanks for all your hard work!~

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Add the Spiked shield and the bonewheel shield to that list sad

Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Alrighty, I'll get to work soon after I finish eatting, then I'll have to do some farming for regular chunks to poke crystal. If you do plan to help keep in mind any shield taken to crystal is stuck pretty much stuck as crystal.

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Alright, that shouldn't be an issue for some of the purchasable or easily farmable shields. Note that I won't be able to be at my ps3 for the next four days or so (leaving town). Let me know your progress later on and I will see what I can do happy

Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Oooh fun, in that time frame shields will hopefully be done and then I'll be poking at weapons. Just scrolled through the armor page and it looked like it could use a touch up so after weapons or on break I may poke at it a little bit.

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Woops, well good luck, I will take a look at the pages when i get back to catch up on the progress you all made happy.

nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I could help with cheeking up on Weapons ill do all Black and Sliver knight weapons

I will protect my lord till the very end

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

GT:nsane32
    Steam:nsane32
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Ok so I just remembered to try Havel's R2 buff, it didn't seem to block any damage but it did make the hollow in new londo stagger anytime he hit me.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 pm

My limited experience with the buff led me to believe it did little do increase your defense. Nothing at all is also a possibility, I guess!

Since you say it staggers enemies, maybe it bumps your innate deflection grade?

Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Possibly, the next question is, does it work against everything or just certain things.

FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 am

Guys the progress is amazing, thank you so much!!

If weapons is in line next, one thing that everyone keeps asking me for is buff-ability check on each of them. I'm not sure if we can afford to have that info on the main pages (may get cluttered) or if we should create a column for it in individual pages. Thoughts?

Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:08 am

As far as I am aware, aside the Silver Knight Sword, anything that uses twinkling/boss souls is not able to be buffed, but testing should be pretty simple in any case. Uh, I think a notation on the indivdual pages would do, like in the top before the tables?

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 am

Something like what Whknight suggested sounds appropriate, like a note or star with a generic sentence and the value beside it, either directly above or directly below the table.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 am

Yup, that's where I would put it also. Where we list the weapon type, weight, etc. We'll just add "Buffable: Yes/ No" (does buffable sound funny? If you have a better term, I'm all ears!).

If we want to put it on the main weapons page, we could make the last column "Acquired From/ Notes" and just add another bullet point to say "Buffable: Yes/ No". Personally I think it would be best to have it on both pages. The main weapons page is where people can compare weapons at a glance, and knowing whether a weapon is buffable or not can make a huge difference in deciding between one weapon or another. Not having to go to each weapons' individual pages would be useful.

Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:36 am

I agree with you about having it on both pages, but if were are sizing them I'm not sure if it will work. Ok wow, I'm going to lay down, I completely mistook what you said and just now realized what you meant. That should work perfectly I do believe.

Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Well this is an odd turn of events, I was working on the divine shields and had enough to level and guess what. They actually do scale with intellegence, now isn't that a shocker. I feel a notation should be made but not entierly sure where, also going to update the other shield thread about this.

In light of these event I feel we may as well leave the Faith column up in case From changes their minds or introduces shield that do scale, besides the shields are quite streamlined as it is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:02 pm