GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Share

    Poll

    Should they give it back to Miyazaki?

    [ 27 ]
    71% [71%] 
    [ 11 ]
    29% [29%] 

    Total Votes: 38
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ComaPrison on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:26 pm

    DE5PA1R wrote:I'd like to point out that we're confusing 2 different people with the same name. The co-director of Dark Souls II, Shibuya, is a different person than the MH director. Along with the other DkS2 co-director, this Shibuya was promoted within From.

    (Edit) Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/tomohiro-shibuya/72-103366/

    Nice. So this is what we have to look forward to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6sFFF2YjDI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMunF4yKbJk
    avatar
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Location : Croatia, Europe

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ChillerHR on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:56 pm

    OMG...worst then I thought...everything is lost, even hope is gone!
    sad


    _________________
    PSN ID: ChillerHR
    Skype ID: chillerhr
    PvE Lvl: 1, 50
    PvP Lvl: 55, 100, 120
    avatar
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 243
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-12-11

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by MasterofShadows on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 pm

    And that has what to do with Dark Souls? Its an entirely different game. Are you guys even serious?


    _________________
    "Everyone dies. It is how one lives that matters."
    — Artemis Entreri (R.A. Salvatore)

    "P.S. MAKE NO DEALS WITH THE WOLF." -Durzo Blint-

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by Marino. on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm

    MasterofShadows wrote:And that has what to do with Dark Souls? Its an entirely different game. Are you guys even serious?

    You're easy prey silly

    I dont think theres much more to be said here . So how about we just let this thingie here die ? happy
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by DE5PA1R on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 pm

    MasterofShadows wrote:And that has what to do with Dark Souls? Its an entirely different game.

    Wat.
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ComaPrison on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:58 pm

    Marino. wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:And that has what to do with Dark Souls? Its an entirely different game. Are you guys even serious?

    You're easy prey silly

    I dont think theres much more to be said here . So how about we just let this thingie here die ? happy

    Are you a brony? Dark Souls 2 needs a pony-based covenant.
    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:14 am

    ChillerHR wrote:Well I agree with you Ensign...do you think we shoud ask to close this thread/poll?
    Or should we wait and encourage discussion?
    Well nobody is rude to anybody, it's almost pleasant chat...

    Nah dont close it. Its your place to state what you feel about the series. Others will comment and disagree but thats thier opinion. Im glad you can all have those heated discussions about such a great series and its new and old director without taking it over the line.

    I just find that it sometimes is good to realise that most of the time people wont change thier opinions no matter what you say. That way I dont get too angry if I feel that a point I made is being missed.


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 979
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-10-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Between the Dark and Light

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by Acarnatia on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:37 am

    Is that the mech game Shibuya worked on previously?
    If so, I find that really concerning. The trailer, though, did a look a lot better than that.


    _________________
    I am him who seeks himself;
    Fallen Heaven's malice was I born to bear.
    A phantom-ghost treading upon the mists of Heaven,
    Malevolence or Heaven am I?
    I am the absolute devoted,
    The wraith.

    PSN: Enaid_Waleis (main), Try-chu
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 am

    Acarnatia wrote:Is that the mech game Shibuya worked on previously?
    If so, I find that really concerning. The trailer, though, did a look a lot better than that.

    Yes. Prior to DS2, he has only worked on a couple of PS2-era mech games. All the people thinking he has worked on MH are confusing two different Shibuyas.
    avatar
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Location : Croatia, Europe

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ChillerHR on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 am

    Well I guess browniestorm happy has arisen real hard and fast:

    newest statements



    _________________
    PSN ID: ChillerHR
    Skype ID: chillerhr
    PvE Lvl: 1, 50
    PvP Lvl: 55, 100, 120
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:55 am

    ChillerHR wrote:Well I guess browniestorm happy has arisen real hard and fast:

    newest statements


    Thanks for the link! It confirms that everyone was wrong when they assumed that the Shibuya was the MH Shibuya rather than the ACE Shibuya.


    _________________
    Skyrim is my favorite game. It is easily at least 10 times better than Dark Souls.

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by Marino. on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:58 pm

    ComaPrison wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:And that has what to do with Dark Souls? Its an entirely different game. Are you guys even serious?

    You're easy prey silly

    I dont think theres much more to be said here . So how about we just let this thingie here die ? happy

    Are you a brony? Dark Souls 2 needs a pony-based covenant.

    sad
    Now i'm a sad Panda
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ComaPrison on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 am

    Marino. wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:And that has what to do with Dark Souls? Its an entirely different game. Are you guys even serious?

    You're easy prey silly

    I dont think theres much more to be said here . So how about we just let this thingie here die ? happy

    Are you a brony? Dark Souls 2 needs a pony-based covenant.

    sad
    Now i'm a sad Panda

    Why so sad?


    _________________
    Skyrim is my favorite game. It is easily at least 10 times better than Dark Souls.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by Serious_Much on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 am

    I think this thread has kinda gone its course.. Not much to say really


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by GkMrBane on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:10 pm

    I think the games had an important theme that the original director was mostly responsible for and was able to achieve with the help of his team.

    I wish the formula that took place in the past 2 games would remain the same, however things must progress and hopefully progress to the new director doesnt mean generic game play.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ComaPrison on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:13 pm

    GkMrBane wrote:I think the games had an important theme that the original director was mostly responsible for and was able to achieve with the help of his team.

    I wish the formula that took place in the past 2 games would remain the same, however things must progress and hopefully progress to the new director doesnt mean generic game play.

    I'm still convinced that one of the reasons the new directors got the job to work on DS2 is because they're yes-men to Namco's will.


    _________________
    Skyrim is my favorite game. It is easily at least 10 times better than Dark Souls.
    avatar
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Location : Croatia, Europe

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ChillerHR on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 am

    I agree, and important thing is that new director is not Monster Hunter Shibuya, as my friend Coma big grin pointed out, but ACE Shibuya, and that's something more completely different...as - bad different...

    sad


    _________________
    PSN ID: ChillerHR
    Skype ID: chillerhr
    PvE Lvl: 1, 50
    PvP Lvl: 55, 100, 120
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by GkMrBane on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 am

    ChillerHR wrote:I agree, and important thing is that new director is not Monster Hunter Shibuya, as my friend Coma big grin pointed out, but ACE Shibuya, and that's something more completely different...as - bad different...

    sad

    Bro I think ACE Shibuya is on the fourms cause who else would be downvoting you so much.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 193
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-16

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ComaPrison on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 am

    GkMrBane wrote:
    ChillerHR wrote:I agree, and important thing is that new director is not Monster Hunter Shibuya, as my friend Coma big grin pointed out, but ACE Shibuya, and that's something more completely different...as - bad different...

    sad

    Bro I think ACE Shibuya is on the fourms cause who else would be downvoting you so much.

    lol i'm sure that scrub doesn't even know english.


    _________________
    Skyrim is my favorite game. It is easily at least 10 times better than Dark Souls.
    avatar
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Location : Croatia, Europe

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ChillerHR on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:19 pm

    Any new thoughts?
    happy


    _________________
    PSN ID: ChillerHR
    Skype ID: chillerhr
    PvE Lvl: 1, 50
    PvP Lvl: 55, 100, 120
    avatar
    vereornox
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Italy

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by vereornox on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:41 pm

    I totaly agree with the one that said that all this decisions are made by Namco, they are only a damn publisher why are so influent?

    When i watched the Making off, the guys who explain all the work that have been done refered to Miyazaki like the "Dark Souls Man", you simply can't replace the creator.

    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 55
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-12

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by ak1287 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:32 pm

    ChillerHR wrote:Any new thoughts?
    happy
    Yes. A series shouldn't remain stagnant; I don't want to pay 60 bucks for Dark Souls 1.5. Miyazaki's pretty much admitted that as far as big ideas go, he's tapped out.

    So, it may sound cold or callous, but I don't care if they're taking his baby away from him (which, from every interview, it doesn't really sound like they are), as long as there's some movement in the series.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:41 am