Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
T-King-667
SlakeMoth
DE5PA1R
Phaederuss
Mr. Tart
Elite Knight
Xero
ak1287
ViralEnsign_
Rynn
BartholomewWenceslas
Acarnatia
gaarafrednorris
CaptanSpudsy
X-government-agent
Tomhet
Infighter
ComaPrison
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Strigoi
Marino.
Yukon
Reyl
Zeta Prime
Argetlam350
vixder/pennywise
The Letter X
MasterofShadows
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sloth9230
Onion Knight
Juutas
ChillerHR
38 posters

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Poll

Should they give it back to Miyazaki?

[ 27 ]
    GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI I_vote_lcap71%GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI I_vote_rcap [71%] 
    [ 11 ]
    GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI I_vote_lcap29%GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 38
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI Empty GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:51 pm

"...this is The End of Miyazaki era of Souls which to me, and this is my personal oppinion, is the worst *** thing could possibly happen to the Series..."!

This is EpicNameBro quote, my thoughts exactly, if they don't give it back to Miyazaki he should go to Sony, assemble a team, and make Demon's Souls 2, 'cause Sony still holds rights to that IP, make it PS4 opening exclusive!

What do you think?

Last edited by ChillerHR on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI Empty Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Post by Juutas Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Whoa, everyone seem to forget that Miyazaki is not FROM SOFT alone.
    Yeah, let's just take the credit away from the other talented guys who created the souls games and give it to Miyazaki...
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Juutas wrote:Whoa, everyone seem to forget that Miyazaki is not FROM SOFT alone.
    Yeah, let's just take the credit away from the other talented guys who created the souls games and give it to Miyazaki...

Yeah man, Director's influence and vision is of less importance...other guys make the game...Tarantino's movies are in fact other crew members magic...

NOT!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:06 pm

ChillerHR wrote:
    Juutas wrote:Whoa, everyone seem to forget that Miyazaki is not FROM SOFT alone.

Yeah man, Director's influence and vision is of less importance...other guys make the game...Tarantino's movies are in fact other crew members magic...

NOT!

Even Tarantino's movies are not just made by him alone you know...?
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Yes I know, but he directs, and makes important choices, other crew do not make important choices about the direction, are you really going to pursue with this?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Doesn't matter how good a director is, without a talented team you can't achieve much.
    People seem to forget that Miyazaki has only worked on the two Souls games and one Armored Core spin off game.
    From make a tonne more than just Souls games, they have plenty of talent available to them that many people may have never witness due to only buying Souls games.
    I also like how everyone has a crystal ball now, wish they'd all tell me the Lottery numbers rather than what's going to happen with a video game.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Tell me numbers range and how many numbers do you play, and does it have bonus number?
    I'll tell you...
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:28 pm

I don't like your poll, it either sounds like I'm in love with the guy or I could give a rats @ss about him.

MIYAZAKI was a good director, that doesn't make him necessary to the series though. And if him saying he wants to make a "warmer" game is anything to go buy then he's probably experiencing some burnout anyway.

Most of what he contributed was lorewise and probably level design anyway. SO even if the next game hands you the entire story and is extremely linear, I don't see how they can screw up the PVP part of the game. And lets be honest, if you've played through 2 souls games already, then the difficulty probably doesn't much to you anyway.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm not in love with the guy but I stand amazed how you guys keep undermining directors influence!
    Man directed two Souls games, and now he's not important any more?

So Hideo Kojima is not important for MGS series?
    Fumito Ueda is not most important man behind creation of ICO and SotC?

Never thought of it that way...!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Take the devil may cry series, 1 was considered good, 2 was just terrible, 3 is considered the best in the series, and 4 is alright(though I liked it). Only the first one had the original director, who went on to make Bayonetta and is now the supervisor of Bayoneta 2.

The other 3 games were made by the same director, and yet despite that, they were all received very differently.

Directors are certainly important, but they don't make or break the series. If you don't like where Dark Souls 2 is heading then don't buy it, lets see how much longer you enjoy playing Dark Souls.

And funny you should mention MGS, I love the gameplay... story on the otherhand.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm against more Playstation exclusive Souls releases.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Oh, for Juniper's sake! Put some spring into your step!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Miyazaki is an excellent director, he really is. He was the developer of my 2 favorite games of all time: Armored Core: For Answer and Dark Souls. In spite of that, things should evolve eventually. I'd personally rather not see just a patched version of Dark Souls In a new world. I want it to be a bit more different than that. MW2 to MW3 was a disaster from what I heard.
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:13 pm

You just can´t compare movies and video games. My guess is, that you need 10% of the man power to make a movie like Pulp Fiction, which gives the director more chances to mico-manage (and you wouldn´t know the name Tarantino without the help of Sally Menke, Lawrence Bender or Roger Avary). Video games are not an auteur-medium, where it´s just the vision of one guy, while its debatable if you could consider movies as such.

I´m an optimist. I have now two games to look forward too. Stay frosty.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:15 pm

ChillerHR wrote:

NOT!

Contrary to popular belief, game development is much more collaborative than film-making. Today's journalism just tends to glamorize the game designer/director role to the point that the public believes that they are the ones making all of the decisions. The truth is, they are not. This fact tends to be something that really annoys those who are not in that particular role (Engineers/programmers, testers/QA, producers, artists, audio engineers).

Look, I like Miyazaki too, but I'm not elevating him to the same deifying status that ENB and some of you guys have. Its actually possible for a game to be good without him, really, its true.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I like Miyazaki and all but come on, give the Fromsoft team more credit. The poll makes it sound like all the other people who make the game don't matter at all and I can't choose between "I love the guy" or "he sucks", those literally are the choices it seems like to me. There's no nuetral. I say give the new guy a shot, let him try his hands with the Souls games. Change isn't always bad like everyone seems to make out that it is.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Agreed. The poll solely exists on 2 extremes.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:30 pm

I don't like mild,shades of grey oppinions, it could be but then again it might not, who could ever say...

Poll is strict, and basic thing is what do you think NOW, is it step in good direction or is it, and I quote "...worst faqing thing possible to happen to the series", as ENB thinks and I agree.

Never liked gambling, and changing the winning director is a gamble to me, but it's all about new direction for the new game, broader audience that smells like less hardcore, and more money.

New direction needs new directors, two to compensate one!
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:34 pm

If Miyazaki was a Potato he would be a good potato... Having said that, even the goodest potato's need rest.. We will miss this good potato for a time but as we all know every thanksgiving the good potato's come back
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:39 pm

The problem is that it's to early to tell if it's good or not. All we have to go on is one trailer and an interview. That's not much. I would like Gameplay footage and more interviews before deciding if it's good or bad. I respect ENB but I feel he gives a little to much credit to Miyazaki more so then the whole team.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:42 pm

ChillerHR wrote:I don't like mild,shades of grey oppinions, it could be but then again it might not, who could ever say...

Poll is strict, and basic thing is what do you think NOW, is it step in good direction or is it, and I quote "...worst faqing thing possible to happen to the series", as ENB thinks and I agree.

That's the thing. Its the NOW part, that you are talking about. How many interviews and gameplay demos of this game have you actually seen? Oh wait, we've just seen 1 interview which is full of vague and general information, some potentially good and some potentially bad, but very few concrete details to draw a conclusion on. That is the reason why 2 dimensional polls like this are so silly.

And not everything can always so easily be reduced to black and white. We don't have enough information to be right or wrong about anything. Regardless of what two options you pick, right now they can only be classified as opinions.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:53 pm

...well I saw 30 minutes ENB Lordran FM station, contemplating on the news, and that's how I feel...

I'm not afraid of not being right all the time, or in making timeless Polls bussines, in fact I'd love to be wrong with my oppinion.

ENB is great lore decoder, and I grew to respect he's thought process about the subject of Souls Series, he's worried, that's enought to worry me...

NOW I'm afraid that it's heading towards less hardcore more money philosophy...
    Wehicles...wtf?

Prince of Persia: T2T chariots, or wtf!?
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:11 pm

I've seen everything you've seen, including dozens of online articles, as well as all 3 of ENB's video analysis' since DkS2 was announced. While some things do concern me, I have to honestly say that most of the information we have regarding the design directions are quite vague, and I'd like to see more before drawing a conclusion.

And really, I like ENB. He's a great community manager, and content producer. His voice is one of my favorite voices to hear on youtube, because it has a certain unique quality to it. Having said all of that, I'm able to admit that a huge percentage of the info that he has talked about has been uncovered by the community as a whole, not just him. He is just one member of the community. There are many like him digging for information and updating the wikis. He is just better at presenting it all in video format. And he just has the advantage of getting the content faster than most because he lives in Japan.

One thing that I've begun to realize about ENB is that he is not always objective about his opinions. That alone should show why he can't speak for the entire Soul's community. He especially can't speak for the PVPers.

If he was here right now, I'd tell him the same thing I'm telling you guys.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Yes I saw ENB's anaylsis on the interview as well and I get where he is coming from but I still feel he gives Miyazaki a bit more credit then he needs, not saying he is a bad director but without a team he couldn't of made the Souls series. Yes Vehicles can be worrying but bear in mind that we only see one enemy in the magazine that uses a chariot so it could just be that enemy and I feel that more then likely the player won't get to use any vehicles besides maybe a boat that transports you to different realms over the ocean. And that would work similarly like teleporting between bonfires. Jump on a boat, loading screen, and then bam new location.

It's still to early to even know what the heck the directors actually mean and ENB is kind of grasping farther then we can at the moment is my opinion. I respect his vids but this is one time I can't agree much with him when we know so little.
    Reyl
    Reyl

Post by Reyl Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Nothing posted in this topic will change reality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm