New Concept Art + Interview (EDGE article)

ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Re: New Concept Art + Interview (EDGE article)

Post by ak1287 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:35 am

You know, I still don't know how to give someone negative rep. I get the feeling I should learn this skill on ComaPrison.
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:37 am

ak1287 wrote:You know, I still don't know how to give someone negative rep. I get the feeling I should learn this skill on ComaPrison.

LOL if it makes it easier for you to cope with DS2 becoming casualized, then do whatever makes you feel better. Or perhaps you're one of the people that WANT DS2 to be casualized? It's hard to say with you.

Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 am

Its not that. I have my doubts as well. I just feel you all are presenting your ideas rather negatively. Calling people fools for believing what they do is not a mature thing to do.

So I put it to a mod to try to resolve this issue.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:40 am

ak1287 wrote:You know, I still don't know how to give someone negative rep. I get the feeling I should learn this skill on ComaPrison.

You need to reach a certain amount of posts before you can do it, 36 I believe

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Calling people fools for believing what they do is not a mature thing to do.

Then you're either implying that there is no such thing as a foolish belief, or that fools shouldn't be called out as fools for having foolish beliefs. Or perhaps you believe that it's not foolish to put your faith in a company to resist the profit motive. A rather high expectation to have of any company.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:43 am

So... how about those shotel things? They look pretty sick.

ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:44 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Its not that. I have my doubts as well. I just feel you all are presenting your ideas rather negatively. Calling people fools for believing what they do is not a mature thing to do.

To piggyback of ViralEnsign, who I disagree with on most things but I still haven't called an idiot. What a concept, right Coma?

I think, more importantly, no one should have to hear the same exact BS argument 7 times, and THEN be called a fool on top of that.

Everyone here has reservations because NO ONE here has seen enough (meaning any) of the actual game. To imply that someone who isn't immediately dismissing and vilifying the game is wrong and then calling them an idiot for doing this is, more or less, trolling.

That's why you're being reported, Coma.
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:45 am

Sloth9230 wrote:So... how about those shotel things? They look pretty sick.

Shotels are very sick indeed. But not as sick as this community will be if Namco destroys DS2.

Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 am

ComaPrison wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Calling people fools for believing what they do is not a mature thing to do.

Then you're either implying that there is no such thing as a foolish belief, or that fools shouldn't be called out as fools for having foolish beliefs. Or perhaps you believe that it's not foolish to put your faith in a company to resist the profit motive. A rather high expectation to have of any company.

Believing is something is never foolish. Its utilitarian, depending on what they believe, why, and it purpose.

I could believe in magic like certain african tribe and that is no more or less foolish than blindly believing in scientific process when I myself know little enough about it.

Deriding someone for that is, in my opinion, and it is not the same for eveyone else, both ignorant and immature (though I do not mean to imply you are those things unless you persist in your erroneous beliefs, and then again I would ask you not to take offence at that because that is simply how I see things).

EDIT- Coma I love shotels in all their myriad fors from Yurts Shotels to Lautrec and now to these new designs. However I cant say I like the character design who wields them.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:48 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I could believe in magic like certain african tribe and that is no more or less foolish than blindly believing in scientific process.

Actually, to believe in the former is a perfect example of foolishness.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 am

ComaPrison wrote:

Coma it is not mature to call strangers names on an internet forum about a videogame because you happen to disagree with them. Your posts are extreme, offensive, irate, off topic and generally ridiculous.

ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 am

ak1287 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Its not that. I have my doubts as well. I just feel you all are presenting your ideas rather negatively. Calling people fools for believing what they do is not a mature thing to do.

To piggyback of ViralEnsign, who I disagree with on most things but I still haven't called an idiot. What a concept, right Coma?

I think, more importantly, no one should have to hear the same exact BS argument 7 times, and THEN be called a fool on top of that.

Everyone here has reservations because NO ONE here has seen enough (meaning any) of the actual game. To imply that someone who isn't immediately dismissing and vilifying the game is wrong and then calling them an idiot for doing this is, more or less, trolling.

I think I prefer my hypothesis that you're just unable to cope with any talk of the worst case scenario. And in a bid to shield yourself from such talk, you seek to mute others from doing so.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:51 am

ComaPrison wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:So... how about those shotel things? They look pretty sick.

Shotels are very sick indeed. But not as sick as this community will be if Namco destroys DS2.

When that happens I will leave, but I will leave knowing that I had the opportunity to play 2 of the best games of this generation and that I got the chance to meet lots of different people thanks to them.

Like Robert Frost said: nothing gold can stay.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:58 am; edited 3 times in total

ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 am

tofucactaur wrote:Your posts are extreme, offensive, irate, off topic and generally ridiculous.

You're correct on the first three charges, but way off on the last two.

ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:58 am

ComaPrison wrote:
    ak1287 wrote:

I think I prefer my hypothesis that you're just unable to cope with any talk of the worst case scenario. And in a bid to shield yourself from such talk, you seek to mute others from doing so.

You can prefer any hypothesis you want; just like tribes in Africa that believe in magic. But you're wrong.

Case in point; I don't have any problem with Viral, ForumPirate, or any of the other posters who are highly (and in my mind excessively) skeptical of DKS2. I only have a problem with you, because you don't debate: you resort to immature ad hominem attacks, and repetition. Neither of which are valid tactics.
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:06 am

I wouldnt say Im so skeptical now as I was when I first hear about some of the rumour and interviews.

I want to give Shibuya a chance, I want to be able to play another great Souls game, and I want to see some amazing advancements in how the game plays.

And Im getting there.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 am

ak1287 wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:
    ak1287 wrote:

You can prefer any hypothesis you want; just like tribes in Africa that believe in magic. But you're wrong.

Case in point; I don't have any problem with Viral, ForumPirate, or any of the other posters who are highly (and in my mind excessively) skeptical of DKS2. I only have a problem with you, because you don't debate: you resort to immature ad hominem attacks, and repetition. Neither of which are valid tactics.

If you perceive it as invalid to use "foolish" as a descriptive word for somebody's beliefs, you're free to do so. Unlike you, however, I do not believe that all beliefs are equal. So I will continue believing that those African tribes are foolish to believe in magic. Furthermore, there's nothing invalid about repetition, when it's not taken to the extreme of bot-spam. If you think repetition is invalid, then I guess you think political campaigning is invalid too (as it involves a great deal of repetition).

Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:08 am

To quote the fantastic series, Sequilitis (skip to ~4:22 for the quote)

"A preceding title should act as an inspiration for a sequel. A launchpad aiming the production towards greater things. The sequel shouldn't be weighed down by irrelevant tradition for the sake of consistency. We've already played the first one, let's see what stuff the second one can show us."

As the video clearly points out, not all change is good or true to the series's roots. But handled properly, change can absolutely be a good thing.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:12 am

ComaPrison, here's a secret:

Nobody else here is as insecure about this whole Dark Souls 2 thing as you are. You know why, because you are the only one that is trying as hard as possible to try to convince other people to think like you. We haven't even told you that we think that the game will be alright, yet you continue to want to convince us that we are desperately and hopelessly duped. Duped about what? About reserving our judgment until we see something more than a CG trailer and vague interview?

Look, if it makes you feel better, and prepares you psychologically to just go ahead and call it now, that is fine. But please don't insult others here for waiting to see. So what? What if the game sucks? We'll just move on and play another one. You know that's what people do right?

Either way, if you keep insulting people, I'm going to join in on reporting you, because you are starting to derail threads.

"P.S. MAKE NO DEALS WITH THE WOLF." -Durzo Blint-
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:13 am

Okay so perhaps we are getting way way off topic.

Anywho as we can all see no one is willing to change their opinions so shall we get back to discussing the art design and what not.

Did anyone else thing Game of Thrones.... Jorah Mormont when they saw the "main hero" design? I certainly did. I always liked the mans armour in the GoT Tv adaptation, the whole platemail on the upper body with a long...tabard (I think it called) covering the legs.

Its perhaps my fav Souls armour design to date, topping the ever loveable "huggly" Armour of Favour, and the DeS classic of the Fluted Armour.

Also this new spider hollow gives me chills. Its looks fantastic, the claws through the throat really makes me think this new version could be a brutal and dark as its predecessors.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 am

Coma, a forum is a place for individuals to engage in the free exchange of ideas without being insulted, demeaned or looked down on. You have a distinct viewpoint, and you have points to support your viewpoint. However, using unprovoked labels like "fools" and it's derivatives is unwarranted and unwelcome. You are not advancing the discourse with these terms, only putting people on the defensive, and nothing productive will come from that.

Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 am

Master lets just drop it and talk about the art. There is so much to say.

Our passion for the series is getting in the way of the most important thing! WASTING TIME GOSSIPING AND NERDGASMING OVER EPIC ART DESIGNS!

PSN- ViralEnsign_

carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 am

Was there in history a company that decided to not the kick the *** of their fans when they had the oppotunity? even Nintendo did that, Wii was the worst **** ever!! my source of skeptcism come from the fact that i've have seen this happening over and over, a lot of times in my life as a gamer.
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:19 am

So... like I said earlier, those shotel things... I believe someone suggested they could be axes, an axe that can go through shields would be pretty cool.

carlucio wrote:Was there in history a company that decided to not the kick the *** of their fans when they had the oppotunity? even Nintendo did that, Wii was the worst **** ever!! my source of skeptcism come from the fact that i've have seen this happening over and over, a lot of times in my life as a gamer.

Considering Nintendo markets mostly to children, i'm not surpirised you feel alienated.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total

ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:21 am

Emergence wrote:Coma, a forum is a place for individuals to engage in the free exchange of ideas without being insulted, demeaned or looked down on. You have a distinct viewpoint, and you have points to support your viewpoint. However, using unprovoked labels like "fools" and it's derivatives is unwarranted and unwelcome. You are not advancing the discourse with these terms, only putting people on the defensive, and nothing productive will come from that.

That depends on the person's goals. Mine is simply to get more people to become more concerned and more vocal about the possibility of the series being taken in a bad direction. It's why the lobbying industry exists. No one is going to protect your interests if you're not willing to speak up for them yourself (or pay someone else to do it for you). If you want a product to be released a certain way, you're certainly not helping your cause by sitting back quietly and waiting to see what happens. You have to be vocal, repetitive, and proactive.

Last edited by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:06 am