Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
The Letter X
Rynn
GkMrBane
Phoenix Rising
Juutas
callipygias
10 posters

5-Star Ganking

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

5-Star Ganking Empty 5-Star Ganking

Post by callipygias Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:04 pm

I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner, but my Xbox rep has fallen pretty low, and the reason is usually, "Quit early." It's crystalling out of ganks that does it! Damn! That is all kinds of wrong.

On another note I had an accidental gank at the Township today. Host got invaded right after I showed up. We killed the guy and started the level, he gets invaded again pretty quick, we kill the guy, then he hit the Dried Finger and I realized I'd been ganking. Ick.

I've crystalled out twice on him now, and I'm sure my rep took another hit. I'd wondered how it got down to 2 stars, now I know!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

5-Star Ganking Empty Re: 5-Star Ganking

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm

nice hat
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:nice hat

I'm assuming you are talking about my coolest of cool christmas avatar?
    Thank you! ho ho hoo!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Juutas wrote:Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.

I had a 5 star rep before I got dark souls.

Dark souls does that to people.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm

My rep is a flat 1 stars.
    100% of my reviews say "unsporting conduct"
    I don't think gankers enjoy getting chainstabbed.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Juutas wrote:Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.

I've been wanting to tell you that there is a direct correlation between a Dark Souls player's skill and their rep on XBL. Nearly every one of the better players I've seen have extremely low rep. Maybe one or two still have 5 stars.

Before I got DkS my rep was 90/10 for preferred/avoided respectively. It is now 44/56, and it didn't get like that until the past couple of months wwhich Is when I started to PvP. My rep still shows up as 5 stars, but I'm sure that another week in the forest will fix that.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm

The Letter X wrote:

I've been wanting to tell you that there is a direct correlation between a Dark Souls player's skill and their rep on XBL. Nearly every one of the better players I've seen have extremely low rep. Maybe one or two still have 5 stars.

Before I got DkS my rep was 90/10 for preferred/avoided respectively. It is now 44/56, and it didn't get like that until the past couple of months wwhich Is when I started to PvP. My rep still shows up as 5 stars, but I'm sure that another week in the forest will fix that.

Have you seen mine? I haven't looked...and how long have you been a forest hunter??
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:

Have you seen mine? I haven't looked...and how long have you been a forest hunter??

It's a 5. You're one of those rare breeds, but if you invade it Increases the chances of gettIng avoIded unless you're gankIng. And I've been a FH for about a week, maybe a week and a half.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:

It's a 5. You're one of those rare breeds, but if you invade it Increases the chances of gettIng avoIded unless you're gankIng. And I've been a FH for about a week, maybe a week and a half.

Well I'll probably see you there sometime! I've been forest hunting a while now. I figured gankers would have down-repped me...they REALLY hate my PW hornet ring ripostes. lol!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Rep is pointless when the quality of people ranking you is so varied.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:51 am

I have the lowest rep I've seen, it's like...way under half star big grin
    I get so many comments like "holy shiet man how is your rep that low" or if I get into an argument with a salty player "It seems everyone else think you suck too because you have so low rep score" these kind of players piss me off...I beat them fair but then they see my low rep and assume I did something worse than life to them and the b*tching starts.
    Funny fact: many modders and gankers have 5-star rep score
    Soulbreak
    Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:08 am

Only time i avoid a player is if they're chain ganking me with cheap "tactics".
    Ironically some of the best fights i've had have been with gankers and fair toe to toe melee battles that i really enjoyed, yet they had less than a star of rep.
    I mean i hate being ganked by magic using, wrath of the god spamming, fully twinked out scum as much as the next person, but it's part of the risk of running around as a human, adds an element to the game imo.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Juutas wrote:Funny fact: many modders and gankers have 5-star rep score
    Don't know about modders, but so far I haven't encountered a single ganker with less than 5. Not even a 4-and-a-halfer. Ironic, I guess, that not only do they have great rep, they ruin the rep of people who crystal out of their ganks.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Every modder/hacker I've met had a 5 star rating.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Juutas wrote:I have the lowest rep I've seen, it's like...way under half star big grin

I have zero.

Before Dark Souls I had a five star rep. Sore losers do mention it to me from time to time. I always say the same thing. "Dominating people like you has earned me that rep little fella winking "

....it never goes over well. silly
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:22 pm

my reps great. its 70% preferred or something out of about 100 people.

when my xbox live friends list was constantly at 100 i'd always trade with friends when adding them.

totally worthless.. but yeah.
    also i mod my xbox save files too hahah, don't cheat in multiplayer tho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:15 am