5-Star Ganking

    Share

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    5-Star Ganking

    Post by callipygias on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:04 pm

    I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner, but my Xbox rep has fallen pretty low, and the reason is usually, "Quit early." It's crystalling out of ganks that does it! Damn! That is all kinds of wrong.

    On another note I had an accidental gank at the Township today. Host got invaded right after I showed up. We killed the guy and started the level, he gets invaded again pretty quick, we kill the guy, then he hit the Dried Finger and I realized I'd been ganking. Ick.

    I've crystalled out twice on him now, and I'm sure my rep took another hit. I'd wondered how it got down to 2 stars, now I know!


    _________________
    XBL: callipygias33
    PSN: callipygias33


    "It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

    "Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

    "Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Juutas on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:07 pm

    Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 892
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 40

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Phoenix Rising on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm

    nice hat


    _________________
    XBL: I Aim v Here I

    Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Juutas on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 pm

    Phoenix Rising wrote:nice hat

    I'm assuming you are talking about my coolest of cool christmas avatar?
    Thank you! ho ho hoo!


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by GkMrBane on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:14 pm

    Juutas wrote:Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.

    I had a 5 star rep before I got dark souls.

    Dark souls does that to people.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Rynn on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm

    My rep is a flat 1 stars.
    100% of my reviews say "unsporting conduct"
    I don't think gankers enjoy getting chainstabbed.
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 pm

    Juutas wrote:Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.

    I've been wanting to tell you that there is a direct correlation between a Dark Souls player's skill and their rep on XBL. Nearly every one of the better players I've seen have extremely low rep. Maybe one or two still have 5 stars.

    Before I got DkS my rep was 90/10 for preferred/avoided respectively. It is now 44/56, and it didn't get like that until the past couple of months wwhich Is when I started to PvP. My rep still shows up as 5 stars, but I'm sure that another week in the forest will fix that.


    _________________
    avatar
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 892
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 40

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Phoenix Rising on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm

    The Letter X wrote:
    Juutas wrote:Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.

    I've been wanting to tell you that there is a direct correlation between a Dark Souls player's skill and their rep on XBL. Nearly every one of the better players I've seen have extremely low rep. Maybe one or two still have 5 stars.

    Before I got DkS my rep was 90/10 for preferred/avoided respectively. It is now 44/56, and it didn't get like that until the past couple of months wwhich Is when I started to PvP. My rep still shows up as 5 stars, but I'm sure that another week in the forest will fix that.

    Have you seen mine? I haven't looked...and how long have you been a forest hunter??


    _________________
    XBL: I Aim v Here I

    Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 pm

    Phoenix Rising wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:
    Juutas wrote:Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.

    I've been wanting to tell you that there is a direct correlation between a Dark Souls player's skill and their rep on XBL. Nearly every one of the better players I've seen have extremely low rep. Maybe one or two still have 5 stars.

    Before I got DkS my rep was 90/10 for preferred/avoided respectively. It is now 44/56, and it didn't get like that until the past couple of months wwhich Is when I started to PvP. My rep still shows up as 5 stars, but I'm sure that another week in the forest will fix that.

    Have you seen mine? I haven't looked...and how long have you been a forest hunter??

    It's a 5. You're one of those rare breeds, but if you invade it Increases the chances of gettIng avoIded unless you're gankIng. And I've been a FH for about a week, maybe a week and a half.


    _________________
    avatar
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 892
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 40

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Phoenix Rising on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 pm

    The Letter X wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:
    Juutas wrote:Rep says nothing about the player. I have the worst rep on xbox history and I still don't have any clue why. Never make judgement about players based on their rep score.

    I've been wanting to tell you that there is a direct correlation between a Dark Souls player's skill and their rep on XBL. Nearly every one of the better players I've seen have extremely low rep. Maybe one or two still have 5 stars.

    Before I got DkS my rep was 90/10 for preferred/avoided respectively. It is now 44/56, and it didn't get like that until the past couple of months wwhich Is when I started to PvP. My rep still shows up as 5 stars, but I'm sure that another week in the forest will fix that.

    Have you seen mine? I haven't looked...and how long have you been a forest hunter??

    It's a 5. You're one of those rare breeds, but if you invade it Increases the chances of gettIng avoIded unless you're gankIng. And I've been a FH for about a week, maybe a week and a half.

    Well I'll probably see you there sometime! I've been forest hunting a while now. I figured gankers would have down-repped me...they REALLY hate my PW hornet ring ripostes. lol!


    _________________
    XBL: I Aim v Here I

    Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by reim0027 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm

    Rep is pointless when the quality of people ranking you is so varied.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Juutas on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:51 am

    I have the lowest rep I've seen, it's like...way under half star big grin
    I get so many comments like "holy shiet man how is your rep that low" or if I get into an argument with a salty player "It seems everyone else think you suck too because you have so low rep score" these kind of players piss me off...I beat them fair but then they see my low rep and assume I did something worse than life to them and the b*tching starts.
    .
    Funny fact: many modders and gankers have 5-star rep score


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    Soulbreak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-11-25
    Age : 31
    Location : England

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Soulbreak on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:08 am

    Only time i avoid a player is if they're chain ganking me with cheap "tactics".
    Ironically some of the best fights i've had have been with gankers and fair toe to toe melee battles that i really enjoyed, yet they had less than a star of rep.
    I mean i hate being ganked by magic using, wrath of the god spamming, fully twinked out scum as much as the next person, but it's part of the risk of running around as a human, adds an element to the game imo.


    _________________
    One eye on the skies, one for behind, one for the enemy and... hmm, anyone got some eyes to spare?

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by callipygias on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 pm

    Juutas wrote:Funny fact: many modders and gankers have 5-star rep score
    Don't know about modders, but so far I haven't encountered a single ganker with less than 5. Not even a 4-and-a-halfer. Ironic, I guess, that not only do they have great rep, they ruin the rep of people who crystal out of their ganks.


    _________________
    XBL: callipygias33
    PSN: callipygias33


    "It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

    "Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

    "Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by The Letter X on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 pm

    Every modder/hacker I've met had a 5 star rating.


    _________________
    avatar
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by lextune on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:58 pm

    Juutas wrote:I have the lowest rep I've seen, it's like...way under half star big grin

    I have zero.

    Before Dark Souls I had a five star rep. Sore losers do mention it to me from time to time. I always say the same thing. "Dominating people like you has earned me that rep little fella winking "

    ....it never goes over well. silly


    _________________
    XBL GT: lextune

    A Bunch of My Builds
    avatar
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1523
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2012-05-05
    Location : Tama

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Rifter7 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:22 pm

    my reps great. its 70% preferred or something out of about 100 people.

    when my xbox live friends list was constantly at 100 i'd always trade with friends when adding them.

    totally worthless.. but yeah.
    also i mod my xbox save files too hahah, don't cheat in multiplayer tho.


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: 5-Star Ganking

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:22 am