Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
PlasticandRage
BeeSeaEss
NinesVoerman
DMC
Avenger649
Sloth9230
OrnsteinBro
TheMeInTeam
SlakeMoth
Sentiel
billy_bayonet
Ghadis_God
Glutebrah
BIG TIME MASTER
jankenneth_10
VinheimProfessor
defacto
Tomhet
Odinbear
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
steveswede
Seignar
aceluby
Forum Pirate
MasterofShadows
Back Lot Basher
Rynn
Isirith
Emergence
Everynevers
Trym
Juutas
Nybbles
The Letter X
XachAttack
Jester's Tears
RANT
callipygias
Sciarry
Gazman0169
46 posters

So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is?

VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is? - Page 4 Empty Re: So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is?

Post by VinheimProfessor Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 am

Complaints from lazy players. It's a great game and the few things that are flawed can be ignored IMHO.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is? - Page 4 Empty Re: So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is?

Post by steveswede Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:14 am

Reaperfan wrote:This is where we get the whole idea I was talking about with "parrying could be an issue." Depending on the recovery reduction, it may make parrying too strong of an option as it almost guarantees you'll land a successful parry if you do it immediately out of a recovered stunlock because the small recovery window will put you back in control right before another attack is about to hit. The point being that parrying is an option that you could use instead of escaping.

OK valid point, you can escape and parry but not abuse a system where you have some free open shots by rolling into an opponent and attacking. Still there's no stopping these systems actually working together as they both have their advantages (providing stun time and stagger distance is appropriate for each weapon like painted guardian sword is different compared to a zweihander) and even combining them would make the parry less OP due to it's success depending on the distance between players. With these in they would stop infinite stun locks.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:46 am

Ganking, IMO, should get fixed somehow.
    I've of the honest opinion that if you can't fight a battle alone, 1 v 1, and genuinely need that phantom in order to win a fight, you should lay down in the street and be shot if you continue to play the game. They can either quit playing, be forcibly removed from the community, or volunteer to be part of the population this earth would be better off without.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:53 am

Rynn wrote:Ganking, IMO, should get fixed somehow.
    I've of the honest opinion that if you can't fight a battle alone, 1 v 1, and genuinely need that phantom in order to win a fight, you should lay down in the street and be shot if you continue to play the game. They can either quit playing, be forcibly removed from the community, or volunteer to be part of the population this earth would be better off without.

Maybe helping phantoms shouldn't be able to attack the invader, only enemys? I could see that happen.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:27 am

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if game developers have forum lurkers here. I know for a fact that other games have people lurking in forums.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:32 am

I'd miss gankers. They're fun to fight when you're bored of 1v1.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:12 am

Just make an arena that is 1v1 but whoever gets the first kill wins. You have now fixed ganking. Alternatively you can make a Red Sign Soapstone that makes it so the person summoned can only be attacked by the host. The regular RSS could be used for fightclub or tournies.

You can thank me later happy
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:16 am

reim0027 wrote:Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if game developers have forum lurkers here. I know for a fact that other games have people lurking in forums.

Yes, western game devs visit western forums.

I have seen devs personally visit Gamefaqs and post about their game.

But you guys seem to forget that this is a Japanese game made by a Japanese company by Japanese people. There is also a sizeable Japanese community. Why would you read a forum written in english when you can read one in Japanese. That would be like a western dev reading a Japanese forum.

Trust me we are in a vacuum in this forum.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 am

You know the creator of the site lives in tokyo and runs a forum in japanese as well? several members also speak japanese and visit the japanese site. We're not so alone as you might think.
    jankenneth_10
    jankenneth_10
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jankenneth_10 Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:37 am

I hate that the toons in walkthroughs and those I encounter in PvP usually carry a scythe.

They're like "Look at me and my rad scythe! It penetrates your shield b*tch! Your sword won't even reach my ***!"

The fact that the scythe has range, penetrates armor, deals bleeding as primary and any maybe lightning as secondary really bites.

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 am

My main problem with DKS is that after about 500 hours it got pretty boring. I mean, come on man, I paid fifty bucks for this damn game!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Unfortunately, Fromsoft obviously considers ganking to be a valid part of Dark Souls. You could even make an argument that they support ganking, but at the very least you have to admit that they accept it.

They wanted to give offline players an online experience so they created npc invaders, but they also wanted players to experience being the invader, so meet Lautrec... and his two friends. You invade one time and you're ganked. That's Fromsoft acknowledging gankdom as part of the game.

Doesn't mean you're not pathetic if you gank, just means that Fromsoft recognizes, and maybe supports, your patheticness.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:23 pm

callipygias wrote:Unfortunately, Fromsoft obviously considers ganking to be a valid part of Dark Souls. You could even make an argument that they support ganking, but at the very least you have to admit that they accept it.

They wanted to give offline players an online experience so they created npc invaders, but they also wanted players to experience being the invader, so meet Lautrec... and his two friends. You invade one time and you're ganked. That's Fromsoft acknowledging gankdom as part of the game.

Doesn't mean you're not pathetic if you gank, just means that Fromsoft recognizes, and maybe supports, your patheticness.

That's actually a very good point. The Lautrec invasion is basically your tutorial on high(er) level invasions. The message: "This is you invading. Expect the odds to be stacked against you."
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Dark souls 2 is going to ruin this game.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Glutebrah wrote:Dark souls 2 is going to ruin this game.

Dark Souls 3 will ruin Dark Souls 2.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Douchy players. Nothing in the game mechanics is "wrecking the game", the game's not wrecked at all. The only problem I have is with some of the jerkbags who play it.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:09 pm

read 3 posts of first page.....had to post.......This is one of the best games of modern gaming hands down there has been nothing that has gripped an audience and had us locked in over one year after release date, as far as things ruining the game the only thing that comes to my mind is peoples stupid attutudes this is OP that is OP this is too weak thats too strong your laggy, your ganking wah wah wah.......stop it your acting like children, play the game smile if you die smile and dont let it happen again
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Latency in online play.

I'm not talking about lag, but about the cases, when you clearly hit someone, yet it does nothing and when something/someone clearly misses you, sometimes by more than considerably margin, yet it still damages you.

Also how latency (or pehaps this is work of lag?), affects online PvE, in a matter that enemies react slower, if at all to phantoms presence and their attacks. You can get a delay to attack stagger and HP damage and even make the enemies just stand around with 0 HP with nothing happening.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:35 pm

I have no complaints about Dark Souls at all. The only thing that wrecks my game is ME! I don't need any help. My own incompetence at times is truly staggering.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Lag and the presence of cheaters are core gameplay limitations and are really the only serious problems in DS at all. Aside from them the game works quite well and has a lot of viable options. Demon/Dark Souls are the only games by From I've played but both are excellent. I don't mind the wonky stories, and the innuendo in items/boss names is actually amusing. But the gameplay itself? Aside from a rather dated system for handling lag (though more "modern" methods have shown that if you don't do it properly it can be even worse) the core gameplay is really solid.

My problem is more how the community is constantly wrapped up in terms of what is honorable and what isn't, attempting to impose artificial rules on players who didn't agree to them. It is not up to From to fix this and it never will be; but they STILL gave us arena play!
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:51 am

What's wrecking the game?

Dark Souls 2.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:56 pm

defacto wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if game developers have forum lurkers here. I know for a fact that other games have people lurking in forums.

Yes, western game devs visit western forums.

I have seen devs personally visit Gamefaqs and post about their game.

But you guys seem to forget that this is a Japanese game made by a Japanese company by Japanese people. There is also a sizeable Japanese community. Why would you read a forum written in english when you can read one in Japanese. That would be like a western dev reading a Japanese forum.

Trust me we are in a vacuum in this forum.

That is untrue, Fromsoft is very aware of the site. This wiki/forums are the single largest concentration of Dark Souls players in one community. Also, remember that we are a sister/partner site to the Japanese Livedoor wiki with an open and very friendly communication between both places which unites both of our communities under one umbrella. Back when From was doing gameplay demos months before release, at their courtesy we were graciously invited to participate in a very exclusive closed door hands-on session with the early build of the game.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Dark+Souls+Event+June+11th+2011

They are a developer who is very engaged with the community, and despite any language barriers, our relationship with all the great organizers at Livedoor helps to bridge those gaps.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Douchy players. Nothing in the game mechanics is "wrecking the game", the game's not wrecked at all. The only problem I have is with some of the jerkbags who play it.

Yes! Them, and all those "fans" who are afraid of change, and want to get the same game over and over again. Poor souls, they must have gone Hollow 😢
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Its not a fear of change, its not fixing what isn't broke. Tweak something to much hunting for perfection and you ruin it. Crafting 101 (carpentry in this case) It can usually be fixed, but that costs time and money
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:23 pm

The only thing that ruins the game in terms of PvE is the interference of annoying payers that try to ruin your game.
    PvP is ruined by the same players as above who cannot fight and so summon other people who cannot fight to help them.
    Because of this, the thing that ruins it is the ability to lose to bad players or broken mechanics consistently.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 am