Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
aceluby
RANT
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Green__Eagle
OrnsteinFanBoy
Sciarry
Sentiel
raecor14
Shindori
13 posters

I see a lot of complaining about magic...

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I see a lot of complaining about magic... Empty I see a lot of complaining about magic...

Post by Shindori Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 am

First it was backstabs, now it's magic.. What, do you guys just want to play Soul Calibur or something? They're mechanics in the game which can easily be countered/dodged. I have no problem with them nor have I ever. Hell, you guys ever seen a mage with no spells frantically trying to escape you while you chase him down with a good ol' greatsword? Theyre not prepared to take you down with backstans or attacking and once theyre out of spells... theyre screwed. And thats when I give em a good spanking. >D Come here, mages!
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I see a lot of complaining about magic... Empty Re: I see a lot of complaining about magic...

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:04 am

i assume your talking about my thread :p and i should clarify, its not dark magic, its dark bead, its evil, id rather a backstab fisher.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

I see a lot of complaining about magic... Empty Re: I see a lot of complaining about magic...

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:10 am

I mostly complain at glitches, lag and some, in my opinion broken, mechanics.

Only thing that makes me frown is DBs Int requirement of 16 Int for it's full power, I got nothing against the spell itself, nor Pursuers for that matter. They're both easy to dodge, or block, contrary to what most people believe in.

Anyway, here, this might help. big grin
    Spoiler:
    Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sciarry Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 am

I never complained about Magic in general, even for the Crystal Magic that is very powerful I have nothing to say. But the Dark Magic is simply overwhelming. I love Dark Souls and my complaint doesn't go to players who use Dark Magic, but it probably goes to the creators of the spells.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 am

Totally agree with this thread, casting GMB I think I can actually the dark mages brain melt as his only strategy of mashing R1 fizzles in to nothingness.

@Sentinel omg that's amazing! Is it real and which version of soul calibur do I need to buy?:face:
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:57 am

Has anyone tried the Silver Penant as protection from Dark Magic?

If it works against Manus, it should work against players.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 am

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:@Sentinel omg that's amazing! Is it real and which version of soul calibur do I need to buy?:face:
    It's in SC V. You can make his sword and shield as well, although his moves are off a lot.
    Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sciarry Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 am

Green__Eagle wrote:Has anyone tried the Silver Penant as protection from Dark Magic?

Yes, it works, but...

Last edited by Sciarry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:56 am

Green__Eagle wrote:Has anyone tried the Silver Penant as protection from Dark Magic?

It's a great way to say "Hey! Cast a Soul Spear in my face!"

You're not likely to be able to pull it off to protect you against Dark Bead up close and if you are, prepare your back, it's gonna hurt.

At range, using it is utterly pointless, as DB does next to no damage once the beads themselves spread and it won't work against Pursuers. It will stop them, sure, but not reflect them, or destroy them and once the Silver Pendants effect wores off, Pursuers will still hit you and kill you.

Any caster worth his catalyst will simply cast a CSS on you as soon as he sees you using Silver Pendant and even though people are talking a LOT about DB and it's power, don't forget that CSS can one shot you as well.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:08 am

Sentiel wrote:I mostly complain at glitches, lag and some, in my opinion broken, mechanics.

Only thing that makes me frown is DBs Int requirement of 16 Int for it's full power, I got nothing against the spell itself, nor Pursuers for that matter. They're both easy to dodge, or block, contrary to what most people believe in.

Anyway, here, this might help. big grin
    Spoiler:
    Oh god not that chick xD
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:38 am

I personally dont listen to the people that complain. If its in the game then you should be able to use it. I mainly use mage characters myself so magic is going to be my strongest weapon. I always keep Pursuers, Dark Bead, Crystal Soul Spear, and Soul Spear in my attunement slots and i will use them on anyone and everyone. Your going to find complainers in every game. For example, in MW3, my brother was playing with a group of people in a gametype that only involved knives and pistols, but the person hosting the match said to only use knives. When one of the kids started using the pistol he told everyone to report him. There is no point in it. If its in the game then use it to your liking.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 am

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:For example, in MW3, my brother was playing with a group of people in a gametype that only involved knives and pistols, but the person hosting the match said to only use knives. When one of the kids started using the pistol he told everyone to report him.
    I see a lot of complaining about magic... 482-indiana-jones-knife-lol-gun-sho
    Sorry for the OT.
    Couldn't resist... 😢
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:13 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:For example, in MW3, my brother was playing with a group of people in a gametype that only involved knives and pistols, but the person hosting the match said to only use knives. When one of the kids started using the pistol he told everyone to report him.
    Sorry for the OT.
    Couldn't resist... 😢
    Oh god I love you man xD
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 am

the only reason dark magic is annoying is lag, for some ver random reason it hits me after i have dodge it and it has disappeared(pursuers)
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:43 am

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:I personally dont listen to the people that complain. If its in the game then you should be able to use it. I mainly use mage characters myself so magic is going to be my strongest weapon. I always keep Pursuers, Dark Bead, Crystal Soul Spear, and Soul Spear in my attunement slots and i will use them on anyone and everyone. Your going to find complainers in every game. For example, in MW3, my brother was playing with a group of people in a gametype that only involved knives and pistols, but the person hosting the match said to only use knives. When one of the kids started using the pistol he told everyone to report him. There is no point in it. If its in the game then use it to your liking.

but in that situation that guy wrecked good fun, magic before the patch was perfectly balanced now its OP. simple as that, there is no "its par of the game" well the dragon head glitch was too.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Sorry for the OT.
    Couldn't resist... 😢

FUN FACT! That scene was supposed to be a huge sword battle scene, but due to the budget, time, and how tired everyone was Harrison Ford suggested he just take out his gun and shoot him.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:13 pm

raecor14 wrote:
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:I personally dont listen to the people that complain. If its in the game then you should be able to use it. I mainly use mage characters myself so magic is going to be my strongest weapon. I always keep Pursuers, Dark Bead, Crystal Soul Spear, and Soul Spear in my attunement slots and i will use them on anyone and everyone. Your going to find complainers in every game. For example, in MW3, my brother was playing with a group of people in a gametype that only involved knives and pistols, but the person hosting the match said to only use knives. When one of the kids started using the pistol he told everyone to report him. There is no point in it. If its in the game then use it to your liking.

but in that situation that guy wrecked good fun, magic before the patch was perfectly balanced now its OP. simple as that, there is no "its par of the game" well the dragon head glitch was too.

I completely disagree w/ this, magic was not 'balanced' before the DLC. First off, many, if not most builds have enough faith for WotG and therefore GMB, completely nullifying a mage. Secondly, there were only 2-3 spells that were usable and every spell is easily dodgeable and has only a few casts. I also saw a whopping 6 mages before the DLC in 200+ hours of PvP. If it was balanced we would have seen just as many Int builds as Fth, Str, and Dex builds and I think even you can admit that this simply was not the case before the DLC.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm

My opinion on all this negative feed back is due not to the magic but the lag.
    If the game was lag free I believe it would not cause any problems,everything as a purpose to counter other items.
    But when you throw lag into this then it becomes completely useless trying to counter.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

my feelings on magic have always been the same, pre and post dlc.

the first issue is that magic just doesn't work that well in pvp unless there is lag. which is wrong, magic should definitely be viable in pvp. unfortunately without out lag you can easily avoid most if not all castings, this is wrong and this needs to re-thought for the next Souls game.

the other issue is the same as with those hornet ring wearing housewives that fish for back stabs with ultra great weapons. which is is ability to oneshot people on a laggy hit. combine oneshot power with lag and you get nothing but annoying try hards that don't really have a game plan outside of spam cast or fish for back stabs and hope to get in a laggy hit. most importantly it's one shot kill potential that can not be defended against. that is the biggest frustration.

lag is an issue for everyone, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it and i can live with that. some of the oddities that come about as a result of lag are frustrating sure, but it is what it is. spell spammers and housewives on the other hand exploit lag to their benefit in ways that tip the scales too far in their favor and in ways that you can not defend against. it's this type of exploitation that gets me more than anything.

if magic wasn't capable of one shotting you on a laggy hit, then it would be allot easier to shrug off, hornet rings were nerfed because of this, on the other hand, dark magic went in the opposite direction by buffing the spell casters ability to one shot on laggy hits. hence all the venom towards it.

at the end of the day, anytime i have to face off against a housewife in giants armour wielding a black knight axe or an elf ear wearing panzy waving a stick in my general direction, all i can do is face palm and accept my fate.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:36 pm

@raecor14- Sorry m8, but you are way off the mark when you say stuff like that. There is a whole world of difference between effectively using something that is a part of the game, such as DM, and using something that the games testers have missed, such as the DH glitch, which should not be in the game to begin with. The plain and simple fact is that the only reason why so many people are moaning and ***** about the strength of DM is that it is new, and they've yet to get used to it. Given time if left alone it will be viewed in much the same light as CSS, or any other high-end magic/miracle you care to think of, whereby most of us having worked a way around it will see it as nothing more than another obstacle to be warey of.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm

OP sees a lot of complaining about magic...

Decides to rekindle the topic by mentioning it again...

I see a lot of complaining about magic... 2707236321

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:51 am