All Builds in a Nutshell.

Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Re: All Builds in a Nutshell.

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:58 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:in my opinion, the only reason why spells are effective in PVP at all is because of lag. it's the only thing casters can rely on for their wins and it's also the reason why i can't stand spell casters. no matter how well you dodge, you still get one OHKOed by some *** elf ear wearing panzy, prancing around and waving a stick in your general direction.

intelligence build
    …wear *** elf ears, spam dark magic, spam crystal soul spear, pray lag is in your favor, get chain-stabbed because you annoy the **** out of everyone.

Yeah Lag can be pretty bad at times, but Lag tends to make everything bad. And I think people who wear the darksun or dusk crowns + bellowing dragoncrest ring just suck period. I can 2 shot people with dark bead using just the TCCC, 3 shot if they have heavy armor plus 3 ring of fap. Why the hell you'd want to boost it even farther is beyond me.

That's an unfair assumption.

I mean suck, as in I don't like them cause they're a pain in my butt, not that they have no skill.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:in my opinion, the only reason why spells are effective in PVP at all is because of lag. it's the only thing casters can rely on for their wins and it's also the reason why i can't stand spell casters. no matter how well you dodge, you still get one OHKOed by some *** elf ear wearing panzy, prancing around and waving a stick in your general direction.

intelligence build
    …wear *** elf ears, spam dark magic, spam crystal soul spear, pray lag is in your favor, get chain-stabbed because you annoy the **** out of everyone.

Yeah Lag can be pretty bad at times, but Lag tends to make everything bad. And I think people who wear the darksun or dusk crowns + bellowing dragoncrest ring just suck period. I can 2 shot people with dark bead using just the TCCC, 3 shot if they have heavy armor plus 3 ring of fap. Why the hell you'd want to boost it even farther is beyond me.

That's an unfair assumption.

i don't think it's unfair. if there is any amount of lag, spells are unavoidable and casters know this, which is why they stack all those magic buffs because they are looking to hit that one lucky shot. it's not much different than housewives that use a black knight great axe stacked with the hornets ring and do nothing but fish for backstabs. the bunch of winners that they are.

should spells be effective without having to rely on lag? hells yeah! should spells be capable of OHKO a vit gouge build, even without lag? hells no! especially when everyone knows that lag is a ***** and when you make a build that expressly relies on lag as your winning strategy, you are just another try hard douche.

don't get me wrong, i'm not butt hurt when it happens, it can be frustrating sure. all i'm saying is that it makes me feel extremely dirty anytime i use any sort of castings in PVP. personal limitations aside, do whatever you like. just don't get mad when someone chain-stabs the **** out of you.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Is it any different than getting hit for 900 damage from a Great Combustion when you are not even near the other player? Or when you bleed a person but they take no damage from the status effect?

Lag works in both ways.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:29 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:So, let me guess: You wear Giants armor?

nope, never have, that stuff is embarrassingly ugly.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:40 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Is it any different than getting hit for 900 damage from a Great Combustion when you are not even near the other player? Or when you bleed a person but they take no damage from the status effect?

Lag works in both ways.

never said that it didn't, but status effects rarely result in OHKO anyway. rolling out of bleed status to cancel the damage is sorta weird and so is taking a poke from a running R1 with a washing poll when you were no where near the attacker. being poisoned by arrows that never hit you is bad, but it's poison, who cares.

however, none of those things results in instadeath because of a lucky hit due to lag. which is what happens with spells all the bloody time. i also know that anyone in elf ears is going to be spamming the **** out of whatever spell/pryo/miracle they got equipped at the time and it makes me face palm everytime i have to fight one of these jokers, because relying on lag is their winning strategy,

the whole thing sucks because spells are mostly useless without lag, which isn't right either.

EDIT: just to be clear, my issue is with the OHKO power of most spells that wouldn't even hit you in PVP if it weren't for lag, and the players that obviously rely on this…because winning.

Last edited by Nybbles on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Probably part of the frustration that people have with powerful sorcery is that lag can make it so that you take damage even if you dodge it by a mile on your own screen. I know this has happened to me for sure.... The thing is that if there was no lag involved then dodging a high poiwered sorcery would involve much less guesswork and be significantly more reliable, and players know this.

Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:57 pm

For the record, I do think that the dark magic spells do far too much damage. Dark Bead in particular; Pursuers at least forces you to commit 2 slots to it and it only comes with 3 uses, it also has a higher INT demand in order for it to be used.

My issue is with all the people who used to mock INT builds saying that it was only good for the MLGS are now some of the same people whining about it being overpowered. The irony reeks.

aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Is it any different than getting hit for 900 damage from a Great Combustion when you are not even near the other player? Or when you bleed a person but they take no damage from the status effect?

Lag works in both ways.

never said that it didn't, but status effects rarely result in OHKO anyway. rolling out of bleed status to cancel the damage is sorta weird and so is taking a poke from a running R1 with a washing poll when you were no where near the attacker. being poisoned by arrows that never hit you is bad, but it's poison, who cares.

however, none of those things results in instadeath because of a lucky hit due to lag. which is what happens with spells all the bloody time. i also know that anyone in elf ears is going to be spamming the **** out of whatever spell/pryo/miracle they got equipped at the time and it makes me face palm everytime i have to fight one of these jokers, because relying on lag is their winning strategy,

the whole thing sucks because spells are mostly useless without lag, which isn't right either.

EDIT: just to be clear, my issue is with the OHKO power of most spells that wouldn't even hit you in PVP if it weren't for lag, and the players that obviously rely on this…because winning.

Backstabs and stunlock can both OHKO you and lag helps w/ those as well. It's no different and to say they are 'relying on lag to win' is simply trying to justify your losses w/ whining about something that has been around since day 1 and is part of every internet game where people are on the other side of the planet.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Aznul wrote:Probably part of the frustration that people have with powerful sorcery is that lag can make it so that you take damage even if you dodge it by a mile on your own screen. I know this has happened to me for sure.... The thing is that if there was no lag involved then dodging a high poiwered sorcery would involve much less guesswork and be significantly more reliable, and players know this.

As would dodging melee attacks, avoiding stunlock, avoiding backstabs, parrying, etc... lag is something everyone deals with and everyone has lost and won because of it.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

aceluby wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:

Lag works in both ways.

Backstabs and stunlock can both OHKO you and lag helps w/ those as well. It's no different and to say they are 'relying on lag to win' is simply trying to justify your losses w/ whining about something that has been around since day 1 and is part of every internet game where people are on the other side of the planet.

my issue isn't with lag, well lag frustrates me at times but you can't do anything about that and everyone has to deal with it so…it's those that rely on lag in their builds to score those wins they wouldn't be able to get otherwise. spells in my opinion are the worst offenders, next up are hornet ring wearing housewives that hunt for nothing but backstabs with greatswords and the like.

i'm not trying to justify anything, it's just been my experience that anyone i have ever fought that wears elf ears is going to spam any spell they have equipped at that moment. which annoys the hell out of me because i can dodge spells untill the cows come home. but if there is lag, i can't do anything about it and when you get OHKO by a spell that missed you by miles…how can that not scream douche?

if i were so worried about winning or got all butt every time i lost, i would be using the same cheesy tactics that are really only effective when lag is involved. but i don't care about how many times i win or lose, so i don't use those tactics. but that's my limitation, anyone can play the game however they like, doesn't mean i won't chain-stab an annoying try hard when i come across one.
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Yes the MG is pretty powerfull, but most people I face tend to be either really good at dodging or use the crest shield; in which case I mostly end up punishing their attacks instead of going on the offensive myself.

And I'm sorry but if you were getting wrecked by mages before DM then your dodging skill probably need work. Hell I can roll through most DB spammers by randomly rolling all over the place.

Wow Wow Wow... I can roll trough (almost.) EVERYTHING in Dark Souls. Only thing that still get's me is BoC's swipes...I never cared to try >.>

I don't want this post to be a mass of Chaos (WHICH my posts has a tend to do...) so LAY OFF MY SKILLS. (It get's kinda hard to dodge spell casters when YOU HAVE NO STAMINA REGEN ITEM AND NO STAMINA.)

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:For the record, I do think that the dark magic spells do far too much damage. Dark Bead in particular; Pursuers at least forces you to commit 2 slots to it and it only comes with 3 uses, it also has a higher INT demand in order for it to be used.

My issue is with all the people who used to mock INT builds saying that it was only good for the MLGS are now some of the same people whining about it being overpowered. The irony reeks.

I invaded a Guy...That used 15 of those against me. ONE. HIT ME, AND HE DISCONNECTED. LIKE. A. B*****.

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Erryone knows that double caestus boxer is the way to go! XD

PSN: IIdoneus
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:41 pm

did someone mention boxing?

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:50 pm

+1 for finding a way to put one of rosie's vids in this thread

Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:36 pm