New bow build

DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

New bow build

Post by DarkMoonKro on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm going to try to make a bow build because I was inspired by another thread I saw on these forums, or more specifically, a video in that thread. I'd like some opinions of yours and some answers to a few questions of mine.

The Basic Build
    My equipment: Right hand 1 - Bandits knife
    Right hand 2 - Composite bow
    Left hand 1 - Dragon Slayer bow
    Left hand 2 - Shield

Rings: Gotta do tests regarding: Cloranthy Ring, Havels Ring, and Hornet Ring and Ring of FaP. I'm going to aim for >25% weight, I'll try to achieve it with Ring of FaP and if I can't then I'll use Havel's. I'll switch between Cloranthy Ring and Hornet ring depending on how useful I find each one in fights.

Questions
    Should I use poison arrows for the Composite bow? I know that Heavy arrows would out-damage them, but I was thinking that I have the bandit knife backstabs and Dragon Slayer bow for raw damage.

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: New bow build

Post by RANT on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:07 pm

go with poison, people always freak out when they see that bar filling up, i know i do, no idea why.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:10 pm

First off if you're doing a bow build, use only bows. With the bandit's kife there there's a good chance it will turn into a backstab build.

Second replace the bandit's knife with the black bow of pharis and the shield with a crossbow.

Next equip the fog ring and the hawk ring to maximize your stealth and your bow damage. You'll want to use the black bow or the dragon slayer bow at long ranges, use either poison or fire arrows on the black bow to whittle away at their health. You may want to consider using chameleon to be more stealthy. Now when your enemy gets savvy to your location switch out to the composite bow for maximum damage. Keep your distance and use the arrows to whittle at their health. You could even possibly use some intelligence and use the darkmoon bow though I'm not sure about the damage on that.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:19 pm

you can back stab with a bow, so no need for for the knife.

Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:First off if you're doing a bow build, use only bows. With the bandit's kife there there's a good chance it will turn into a backstab build.

Second replace the bandit's knife with the black bow of pharis and the shield with a crossbow.

Next equip the fog ring and the hawk ring to maximize your stealth and your bow damage. You'll want to use the black bow or the dragon slayer bow at long ranges, use either poison or fire arrows on the black bow to whittle away at their health. You may want to consider using chameleon to be more stealthy. Now when your enemy gets savvy to your location switch out to the composite bow for maximum damage. Keep your distance and use the arrows to whittle at their health. You could even possibly use some intelligence and use the darkmoon bow though I'm not sure about the damage on that.

Hmm...I guess your right. I only worry about getting tripped up and confused with so many different bows and arrow types.

But yea. I'll work on it. Makes sense when you think about it. Although I'm not going to replace my shield with a crossbow, even if it's an avelyn. Something tells me I'm going to have to block sometimes

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:42 pm

With a bow build if you let the enemy get close you've lost. Plus without a weapon to counter with a shield is nearly useless. You'll want to focus on stealth and deception. It'll be the funnest way to go about this build. And really, you need two types of arrows, dragon slayer and then a normal arrow (ie poison, fire, darkmoon) if you're quick enough you can change up arrows mid battle too. I would recommend a crossbow to interrupt casters. If you're up against someone who's casting CSS you have a much better chance to interrupt with avelyn then to interrupt with a longbow.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:45 am

if they get close you can still parry and bs with a bow, a fully upgraded pharis can do 400+ damage in a bs.... just saying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:17 am