Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Sentiel
Glutebrah
XachAttack
7 posters

A good secondary ring with Power Within? (RESOLVED)

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A good secondary ring with Power Within? (RESOLVED) Empty A good secondary ring with Power Within? (RESOLVED)

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Hey guys, I've been wondering about..well, the topic lol.

I've noticed that Power Within gives you the same, or roughly the same, stamina boost as the Cloranthy ring, so since I've decided to play around with PW, I'de like some suggestions of a second ring choice. The first ring I'm using is the Wolf.

First of all, I do know that the Red Tearstone would be lovely, but I don't want to one shot people. That wouldn't be any fun!

So, with that out of the way, I await your opinions \o/.

Last edited by XachAttack on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A good secondary ring with Power Within? (RESOLVED) Empty Re: A good secondary ring with Power Within? (RESOLVED)

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 pm

lingering dragon crest, PW will last longer and drain your life slower.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

A good secondary ring with Power Within? (RESOLVED) Empty Re: A good secondary ring with Power Within? (RESOLVED)

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Glutebrah wrote:lingering dragon crest, PW will last longer and drain your life slower.
    Well said.

Also, I'd avise against using Red Tearstone. It's like reminding your opponent that you have a HP drain effect on you and now you have low HP + huge damage boost. Most people will switch to ranged weapons should you want to heal and back away from you, until you die.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Glutebrah wrote:lingering dragon crest, PW will last longer and drain your life slower.

Wow o.o I knew that it made the effect last longer, but not that it drained your life slower as well. Thanks alot man, that was quick AND helpful!

As I said Sent, I wanted to avoid using the Red Tear anyway, so I guess that's another reason to avoid it lol. Thanks alot you guys o/.

I guess this can be closed now.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:43 pm

You can always cast pw and switch rings... just saaying.
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:45 pm

apparently you cant do that i read something like that on emnays** new vid
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:01 pm

So it was patched? I took a long break when ptd released on pc, just now getting back into it. Read up a bit on changes here and there but don't remember reading this, apologies if I gave bad info. I take it this change applies to all buffs?

So what happens when you take the ring off in the middle of PW's duration? Does it just chop off the extra time and increase your hp drain? So what happens when you take the ring off when you're already in *bonus time*? Technically the natural duration of the spell is over and you it should have drained 100% of life. Does it kill you?

*edit* Does it just prevent you from taking the ring off while your buff is active? That would make the most sense I suppose. Easy to test.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:29 pm

taking the ring on and off just increases/decreases the life drain. you need to leave it on, i tried that a while ago.

also OP if you didn't know but you no longer need an non upgraded flame to cast it. whether it is +0 or Ascended +5 the life drain is the same.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Glutebrah wrote:taking the ring on and off just increases/decreases the life drain. you need to leave it on, i tried that a while ago.

also OP if you didn't know but you no longer need an non upgraded flame to cast it. whether it is +0 or Ascended +5 the life drain is the same.

Awesome so i can use an ascended flame n is still the same? That is awesome
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Demon Slayer wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:taking the ring on and off just increases/decreases the life drain. you need to leave it on, i tried that a while ago.

Awesome so i can use an ascended flame n is still the same? That is awesome

yep they fixed that with the DLC.
    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zivbu9 Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Leo ring, the damage you can deal with this ring when combied with PW is amazing happy !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm