Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Juutas
Rynn
gaarafrednorris
sinspaw
raecor14
al0cer
ChizFreak
Zakkia
Slarg232
Djem
Serious_Much
XachAttack
Raem
DoughGuy
Madara
19 posters

Trailer Guy = Oscar equivilant?

Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Trailer Guy = Oscar equivilant? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trailer Guy = Oscar equivilant?

Post by Zakkia Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 am

Or, its the villain. Mind. Blown.

lol!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Trailer Guy = Oscar equivilant? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trailer Guy = Oscar equivilant?

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05 am

DoughGuy wrote:She has brown hair. Velka is entirely defined by being a "Black Haired witch"

No, it's black. Unless I'm seeing wrong. But I'm going to be honest: the fact that the sun is hitting directly at her hair makes difficult to be sure. But if you look at the side the sun's not hitting you can see black.

And regarding the sun boiling: the blood falls on the ground of that dark place full of ashes and near lava pools. In a later scene you can see that there is smoke all around the area because of the heat. If this is not the reason for his blood boiling, then I agree it's an important thing, but the fact that he is in THAT place when that happens, it just doesn't let me think of it that way.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 am

Its definitely brown bro, i just checked just for you. When she gives him the feather you can see it clearly.
    Raem
    Raem
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Raem Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:43 am

sinspaw wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this so far:

The guy's blood is boiling. It touches the ground it is behaving scorch like. That's gotta be a sign of something in my book.

This could either mean that he has some kind of special blood OR that the ground is very very hot OR the most likely solution to me is that he has slayn a dragon and it's blood pours from his hand.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:59 am

could still be lautric and the chick could be fina, i want it to be lautric, it would also explain why he is duel wielding. he obviously had a mission when you where forced to kill him, i personally think he was doing something like you but was not undead therefore he had no chance.....
    gaarafrednorris
    gaarafrednorris

Post by gaarafrednorris Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:13 pm

al0cer wrote:Does anyone have an oppinion on the artwork on the hero's helmet?
    I think it's fairly significant, as it looks to be implying he is a 'dragon slayer' of soughts.

Trailer Guy = Oscar equivilant? - Page 2 34xrfp5

that, the fire that appears in his eyes, and the appearance of the armor only further strengthens my theory that he is Gwyn before he linked the flames. The woman dressed in a pyromancy cloak could indeed be the Witch of Izalith before she turned into that bug you see in the Bed of Chaos.
    Raem
    Raem
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Raem Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 pm

gaarafrednorris wrote:
    al0cer wrote:Does anyone have an oppinion on the artwork on the hero's helmet?
    I think it's fairly significant, as it looks to be implying he is a 'dragon slayer' of soughts.

that, the fire that appears in his eyes, and the appearance of the armor only further strengthens my theory that he is Gwyn before he linked the flames. The woman dressed in a pyromancy cloak could indeed be the Witch of Izalith before she turned into that bug you see in the Bed of Chaos.

Yeah that's definitly a thing that can't be overseen. Though I don't think that the woman in brown is the WoI it still could be later on. Also I think that the knight is either gwyn or his firstborn son.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 pm

I have not watched the trailer.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Rynn wrote:I have not watched the trailer.

Why...?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:33 pm

This was hinted at before and I made mention of it. It has to be an NPC unless they want to change the game mechanic entirely or they're effin amazing at cutscenes now. The scenes show combat. Combat with specific weapons and gear meaning that we're not looking at anything "in game" since that means they're either making us use certain equipment or they have the cutscenes with different combat mechanics based on character gear (not likely). So either that's an intro scene (like the age of dragons/war from Dark Souls or Giant Beast with corpses thing from Demons) or an amalgam of scenes in the game that slowly unfold an NPCs story. The second option is a departure from the Souls series so my guess is we're looking at the "backstory" video which could hold little to no correlation with gameplay. I mean look at how different the lords in the video are to their gameplay in Dark Souls. New directors could mean a lot of changes but my vote is still that we're only seeing the intro movie.

Extrapolating that: I don't think he's an equivalent of Oscar. Oscar's role is akin to parallel to the player....same goals...same choices...etc. Essentially Oscar is intended to be an illustration of the game, even to the extent that he's promoted by using in game footage almost exclusively. Footage that the player can duplicate with their own character. My venture is that, due to the popularity of the Artorias figure, we're looking at another legendary knight whose story is intertwined with the lore and is a central figure in gameplay. With that being said.....who wants to fight this guy?
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Guys i think i have found proof that this is based after Dark Souls 1. Look at the helmet he's wearing. It depicts something, a scene of some sort. And from the way i can see it, i see two possible things.
    1.) Seath being slain by a warrior(the chosen undead).
    2.) Two of the serpents in sens fortress facing each other.

I'm going towards number 1 simply because there is a difference in the engravings of both sides. So if that is correct that would mean it has to be based after Dark Souls 1. Something i would also want to point out is that with such armour depicting a scene, wouldn't be generic starting armour proving that its definitely an NPC of some sort, not the character you play as. It could be a good endever if someone would like to help me, to scan the armour he wears in search of clues.
    gaarafrednorris
    gaarafrednorris

Post by gaarafrednorris Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:05 pm

There's one thing wrong with your theory.

Seath didn't have feet.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm

gaarafrednorris wrote:There's one thing wrong with your theory.

Seath didn't have feet.
    That? is a fair point silly So serpents then? Either way it hints at something which was in the previous souls game.
    gaarafrednorris
    gaarafrednorris

Post by gaarafrednorris Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Right. I've been watching the trailer again.. and I have an idea.
    That might not be Gwyn.. but someone else.

From the Ring of Steel Protection's Description:
    "This ring belonged to the Knight King Rendal. It grants its wearer protection by boosting
    defence against physical attacks. Of the many legends surrounding the Knight King Rendal,
    one of the more well-known speaks of his standing down a giant drake and slashing it to pieces."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And now for setting ones.

Spoiler:

Think about it. A ring that told a snippet about a Knight who fought a dragon, stood his ground, and slashed it to pieces.
    The trailer has our mysterious man just standing there as fire is breathed on him.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 pm

gaarafrednorris wrote:\
    The trailer has our mysterious man just standing there as fire is breathed on him.
    He was clearly wearing the DWGR, and if this was in the past, he could have rolled out of the way, as he looks like he's under 50% equip.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Good job @gaarafrednorris, +1 to you sir.

And yes, now that you mentioned it, it's a good way to think of it. The knight may be Rendal. But that would mean this is before Dark Souls.
    gaarafrednorris
    gaarafrednorris

Post by gaarafrednorris Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Well, Rendal's fate is not exactly known. All we know is that he failed to conquer Sen's, presumably some time after his kingdom of Balder fell victim to the Undead Curse.
    He could have simply given up or died in the Fortress, but the fact there is a heavy Undead Knight presence in the Parish instead of Sen's (I counted 8 in the Parish and 3 in Sen's) constantly makes me think the former happened.

If anyone can check in the Depths for any signs of that vaulted seal being there (maybe chains or something) I'd really appreciate it.
    Sir Zero
    Sir Zero

Post by Sir Zero Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:35 pm

i think this could also be the firstborn mainly due to the fact that hes awesome
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Honestly guys, I think he's just being used as the "face" of the game. Said another way, he's not really anyone of significance, just the player character in an armor set you could find in-game for the purposes of having someone to show in trailers. They say he's the "main character" of Dark Souls 2 in their EDGE magazine interview. Now when we look at Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1 and try to pinpoint a single character with which to associate with the game, for me I come up with:

Demon's Souls: "Fluted Armor Guy"
    Spoiler:

Dark Souls 1: "Elite Knight Armor Guy" (presumably Oscar)
    They spiced up the trailers and kept the players being shown very diverse, but the community and alot of early official art seem to single this guy out:

Spoiler:

So all that to say...maybe he's not really anybody important at all. Maybe he's just "Furry Shoulders Guy."
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:18 pm

I doubt it's Gwyn or Rendall because they've stated it's a direct sequel.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 pm

gaarafrednorris wrote:Right. I've been watching the trailer again.. and I have an idea.
    That might not be Gwyn.. but someone else.

From the Ring of Steel Protection's Description:
    "This ring belonged to the Knight King Rendal. It grants its wearer protection by boosting
    defence against physical attacks. Of the many legends surrounding the Knight King Rendal,
    one of the more well-known speaks of his standing down a giant drake and slashing it to pieces."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And now for setting ones.

Spoiler:

Think about it. A ring that told a snippet about a Knight who fought a dragon, stood his ground, and slashed it to pieces.
    Dude I'm liking the reference to Knight King Rendal but i don't think its him. He doesn't play a big role in the Lore so far, so i don't see why they would insert him into the newest iteration when his only link is to Sens Fortress but then again its not impossible. They say he died, but what if he's undead? And making his way back to sens unaware that the Chosen Undead has already conquered it and become the dark lord? Its something to keep in mind alright its just i am doubtful about it.

The spear is a different shape and its from Demon Souls meaning they can't make direct reference to the Spear. The reason being they would be in legal trouble as a result. Its a bit stupid considering that Demon souls is From's game but i guess thats how the industry works.
    I really like this inspecting the armour. I really think he might have an affiliation with the god from his armour. Everywhere you look on his armour, the markings look like flames, in contrast to the purpose of the warm clothing around it indicating cold weather.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am