Tragedy 2.0

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Tragedy 2.0

Post by Sentiel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:01 am

A tragedy has happened to me just this very morning. sad

I've experienced a short power outage yesterday, it's very rare in my city as it is heavily industrial (the city is named Ostrava btw lol! ) and a simple power outage can result in huge financial losses for big companies that run factories and such in here. However it did happen.

Since it was around midnight I thought I'll take it as a sign from Umbasa and go sleep. Today, after I woke up, I wanted to do some morning PvP, before going to work. Nothing wakes you up like a sword in the back right?

Well, I guess I've been a bad boy and all that online killing got me corruption of my Save File.
    Everything's gone... :mask-father:

F*ck me right?

But you know, I'm not angry. I was when this happened to my for the first time. This is already second time, so I just don't have any energy to rage over it and it was my own fault for not purchasing PSN+ and making a backup in time. Let that be a lesson to me.

Only thing that makes me slightly sad is the loss of my two favourite characters.
    I've had an SL 127 Quality Pyro, with 28/45 and I've spent hours farming to get all the gear it could use on at least +14. Look Skyward

And the other was my SL1 girl that I've managed, with hours of dying and raging to get to NG+7. Look Skyward

I love Dark Souls more than any game out right now and I'm a bit sceptical about Dark Souls II. Who knows when it will be released anyway...

So I'm gonna get myself a PSN+ for Christmas and I'm starting over. Joy

I'll make only four characters this time.
    3 SL 125, Q. Pyro, Dex/Int and Dex/Faith and one SL 1 (no NG+ this time).

Well saying that is easier than doing it, as I just have no drive to do go through the whole game again and again, especially after doing so many times before. I've got over 800 hours in Dark Souls, so PvE is quite boring outside of DLC areas for me. :mask-mother:

I'll post stats of my lost SL 1 and SL 127 builds and also of my new ones and I will attempt to recreate them.

Since they're work in progress, I would appreciate any suggestions while building them. The new ones are made mostly thanks to ideas you guys already gave me, when I first came here.

I'm also wondering if I should drop the SL 120 range stuff and go lower to SL 100 range. I hear most of the action is moving there, but I can't say if it's true, or no.
    I've also got no idea for SL 100 build atm...

Storage chan - SL 1 Pyromancer
    Sentiel - SL 126 Quality Pyromancer
    Sylphiel - SL 126 Dexterity / Intelligence
    Lalaith - SL 126 Dexterity / Faith

tl:dr
    I got save data corrupted, came here to cry on your shoulders + a bit attention whoring and the usual "help me make a good PvP build" stuff. winking

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Tragedy 2.0

Post by callipygias on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 am

I admire your attitude/fortitude. If I lost my main guy I'd be crushed.

And... Ostrava? Are you kidding me?

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:13 am

Ouch man, sorry to hear that. I guess it's a good thing I decided to reset my main guy after all..

If you need anything let me know, he's about lvl 60-ish at time of typing.

EDIT: You should probably keep going 120-ish, 100 is probably only for the arena, which is full of crap >_>.

PSN: Xach_Attack
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 am

callipygias wrote:I admire your attitude/fortitude. If I lost my main guy I'd be crushed.

And... Ostrava? Are you kidding me?
    Thanks.
    Ano, no I'm serious.
    Ostrava wiki link
    I'm really living there. My gf lol'd so hard when she found Ostrava in Demon's Souls.
    Also, Havel, in Dark Souls, is the name of our previous president.
    Havel the President

I'm always pointing this out wherever I go, it's the only thing that makes me proud to live in this country and it always makes me chuckle.

XachAttack wrote:Ouch man, sorry to hear that. I guess it's a good thing I decided to reset my main guy after all..

If you need anything let me know, he's about lvl 60-ish at time of typing.

EDIT: You should probably keep going 120-ish, 100 is probably only for the arena, which is full of crap >_>.
    Thanks.

Thank you for the offer, I might ask for help with a boss or two, just for a change. I've rarely summoned players before and got myself summoned instead, I'll try to do it the other way around this time.

I've been in the arena, it failed me so much you wouldn't believe. I was looking forward to honourable duels, no ganking and no healing and all I got is turtling, rank obsessed tryhards. sad

Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:06 am

i'd be careful listing personal information with a forum/game handle that you use on multiple sites and in game...

Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:51 am

Rifter7 wrote:i'd be careful listing personal information with a forum/game handle that you use on multiple sites and in game...
    It doesn't bother to me openly say name of country and city I live in.
    I see no possible way it can be used for anything malicious.

Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:16 am

Dude sorry to hear about your misfortune, but just think of the hours of fun you have ahead of you creating new characters! happy
    And if you get bored you can always leave your house and take a tour of Ostrava! Thats just priceless. Although you might get arrested walking around the street with your pyromancy glove and hand axe shouting about the undead and looking for the old one! haha!

LunarFog wrote:"The Moon Pit" seems like someplace naughty I would go to see buff men swinging their junk.
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:17 am

Be proud! Just keep going. I once lost a legit SL709 tank because of a power outage too. Lol, Havel.

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 am

Automancer wrote:Be proud! Just keep going. I once lost a legit SL709 tank because of a power outage too. Lol, Havel.
    Damn! Losing legit SL 709 is much worse than what happened to me. I can't imagine how long it must took you to get to SL 709 mate. Just WoW! And also sorry for your loss as well.

@Halicarnassis
    Pyro Glove and Axe is basic gear in Ostrava, you can't leave your house without one. lol!

Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Automancer wrote:Be proud! Just keep going. I once lost a legit SL709 tank because of a power outage too. Lol, Havel.
    Damn! Losing legit SL 709 is much worse than what happened to me. I can't imagine how long it must took you to get to SL 709 mate. Just WoW! And also sorry for your loss as well.

@Halicarnassis
    Pyro Glove and Axe is basic gear in Ostrava, you can't leave your house without one. lol!

Well, of course i raged. For days. silly
    But i'm a PvE nut so i got back to the game relatively quickly. Since then, i've had couple of corrupted saves. But the more i play, the easier it is to get back on my feet if somethnig like that happens. What can i say? I'm a persistent S.O.B.lol!
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:21 am

Sentiel wrote:Ano, no I'm serious.
    Ostrava wiki link
    I'm really living there. My gf lol'd so hard when she found Ostrava in Demon's Souls.

You were meant to play the Souls games.
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 am

Automancer wrote:
    Well, of course i raged. For days.
    But i'm a PvE nut so i got back to the game relatively quickly. Since then, i've had couple of corrupted saves. But the more i play, the easier it is to get back on my feet if somethnig like that happens. What can i say? I'm a persistent S.O.B.
    I enjoy PvE a lot as well, but only as far as Sen's Fortress, anything after that, especially Demon Ruins and Archives bore me like hell.

Djem wrote:
    Ostrava wiki link

That's what I say myself and try to prove it. I've had several hundreds of hours in both Souls games. "Had" as I lost both saves. It's a cruse, or something.

Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:33 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Well, of course i raged. For days.
    But i'm a PvE nut so i got back to the game relatively quickly. Since then, i've had couple of corrupted saves. But the more i play, the easier it is to get back on my feet if somethnig like that happens. What can i say? I'm a persistent S.O.B.
    I enjoy PvE a lot as well, but only as far as Sen's Fortress, anything after that, especially Demon Ruins and Archives bore me like hell.

Djem wrote:
    Ostrava wiki link

That's what I say myself and try to prove it. I've had several hundreds of hours in both Souls games. "Had" as I lost both saves. It's a cruse, or something.

The game is a long stretch at times. So to make things interesting for me, i do speed runs through those areas naked! Blind in ToG and no Charred ring in the Ruins or Izalith. Fun as hell! Whenever you see that the game starts to get weary, just up the difficulty for yourself! bounce
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:47 am

Got through to NG+7 with SL1. The game can get any harder than that? 8)

I just grab the stuff I need, like spells, gear and titanite and speedrun the rest, but it still takes several hours per character to do.

Especially casters. I usually found myself sitting at Lordvessel, preparing to whiff Gwyn on SL 20, because I spent all of my souls on spells and upgrades.

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Bud! I couldnt tell you yesterday how bad I feel for you! You are a great player! And I feel sorry for your loss! Thanks for the times you helped me! You'll make it again bud big grin
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Carpercen wrote:Bud! I couldnt tell you yesterday how bad I feel for you! You are a great player! And I feel sorry for your loss! Thanks for the times you helped me! You'll make it again bud big grin
    Thanks.
    We will have to wait until we can get some jolly co-op again I guess. big grin
    Holidays are coming and lot of work tied with them, so I will be glad if I manage to make at least one character usable this year.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Dude that sucks. I lost my PS3 recently and was very glad to have purchased PS+.

On a related note I of course checked out your links and I love that the city logo has three exclamation points....

OSTRAVA!!!

Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:50 am

Serious question:

So how does one get their file/data corrupted? And how can one prevent it from happening?

Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Dude that sucks. I lost my PS3 recently and was very glad to have purchased PS+.

On a related note I of course checked out your links and I love that the city logo has three exclamation points....

OSTRAVA!!!
    I've lost my PS3 almost two years ago as well. I know how much it sucks...
    I lost my DS data back then. :cry:

People of Ostrava tend to be a bit loud, so I guess that's where those three exclamation points came from. big grin

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Serious question:

So how does one get their file/data corrupted? And how can one prevent it from happening?
    In both cases that happened to me, the game, well the whole console, got turned off while the game was autosaving (small flame in top right corner of the screen), so I guess that's the reason.

To prevent this, you just have to quit the game to the title screen before quitting to XML/Dashboard, or turning the console off.

That's impossible to do when there's power outage, or when the console dies though... :|

XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 am

I swear ._. I keep JUST missing you online lol. I want to help you dammit!

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 am

XachAttack wrote:I swear ._. I keep JUST missing you online lol. I want to help you dammit!
    Damn timezones. big grin
    Well I'm also busy thanks to upcoming holidays.

I'm ok, thanks for the offer.

I'm currently running with my Int build. I've spent some time farming and running around getting stuff done. I'm at Quelaag's bonfire at SL 35-ish.

I wanted to do some farming to get a few weapons and spells early, that held me up quite a bit. Also dealing with twinks...

I may ask for some chunky trade when I hit some decent SL, because my characters usually use more than one weapon and upgrading them all takes a long time, even without Slabs, not to mention armor and shields.
    Oh boy...

I always thought that when devs fixed the BB glitch, twinks would disappear, but they're still there.
    I've met 2 in Burg, 3 in Parish, 5 in Depths and 2 in Upper Blighttown.
    Unbe-f*cking-lievable.
    Usually having some elemental weapon, bs fishing, or DB/GC spamming. Look Skyward

None of my Uchis do much to them, I guess I really should've went to the Catacombs and upgraded my Reinforced Club to fire...

On a slightly positive note.
    I've been trying to summon as much help as possible. I've never summoned others for help much and wanted to everything alone, so it's a fresh change for me and it's also more fun, then I imagined. I usually try to summon someone "noobish" looking. I mean people using Drake Sword and other relatively basic gear. I don't want someone rushing through the map, ignoring me and then one shotting boss with Soul Spear, or something like that.
    That's not jolly...

XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 am

Alright then, I can definently help out with the chunks. I use alot of weapons at once too, so I'll have alot to spare lol.

I'm sorry to hear that twinks still exist ._. I guess they're muling for that stuff or something.

Summoning can be kinda fun. I don't do it often, but I'll sometimes want some company.

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 am

That sounds awesome. I will probably have some spare White Chunks and a Slab to give you and perhaps some weapons and armor I won't need.

Speaking of summoning. I've had bad luck summonig for Seath, I had to get myself killed, because my phantoms totally ignored my attempts to cut his tail off and spammed him with Pyromancy. I'm glad he killed me in time, I really need MLGS for an Int build.
    I've tried again with two different players. Same result. Look Skyward
    Since my best weapon is Uchi +10 with 14 Dex, I do pathetic damage, so cutting his tail off alone could take quite a lot of time.
    I can always go get some souls and GC him. Shrug

XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:00 am

Or, I could give you mine, the Moonlight Sword I mean. I don't plan on using it and I only got it for the next person I saw that needed one lol.

What sl is the character you're trying to get the tail on though? Maybe I could help somehow \o/.

You don't need to give me anything in return, I'm not trying to trade lol, just help you get your stuff back.

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:18 am

Thank you very much.
    If I somehow manage to fail at cutting his tail, I will definitely ask you for a favor than.

I'm SL...erf...lol not sure, 50-60 I think.
    I just Shrug about my SL. I got 45 Int and I'm happy with that.
    Although having only Int made Archives very lengthy and annoying.

I've tried to use that elevator trick to make myself a shortcut, but I suck so much, that after an hour of trying and numerous deaths I just gave up and got myself locked in a prison. Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 pm