Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
XachAttack
RANT
Emergence
Ghadis_God
Demon Slayer
Carphil
PlasticandRage
reim0027
12 posters

Can you bleed Manus, Artorias, or Kalameet?

reim0027
    reim0027

Can you bleed Manus, Artorias, or Kalameet? Empty Can you bleed Manus, Artorias, or Kalameet?

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 am

Would the LH Scythe or Priscilla's dagger be any good to bleed? Or, what about a banana dagger (not bleed, just raw damage per second).
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Can you bleed Manus, Artorias, or Kalameet? Empty Re: Can you bleed Manus, Artorias, or Kalameet?

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 am

I'm pretty sure Kalameet is immune to status effects. I was having trouble soloing him with the first toon I took into the DLC, who was using the Gold Tracer, and not inflicting bleed, and I figured I'd try to poison him with arrows over and over again and just run away and defend, and that didn't work either. I shot him with probably nearly 40 of them, and nothing.

Not sure about the others.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Can you bleed Manus, Artorias, or Kalameet? Empty Re: Can you bleed Manus, Artorias, or Kalameet?

Post by Carphil Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:15 am

I tried to posion Artorias with arrows, no sucess. But it might be possible. I used a longbow and it takes time to aim. One cool thing that I find out, however, is that you can interrupt his dark charge by shooting his head.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 am

Well artorias can,t be poisoned how i now this?
    1:he trow some poison attacks
    2:try it n failed

So i think that with artorias can,t be possible
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 am

So, no bleed on anyone?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 am

I doubt it. Only fleshy, living enemies can bleed, like Sif and the chubby demons.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 am

Damn, do they have any weaknesses?

What about a SLB dagger?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 am

Yeah, I don't think Manus can be bled either, come to think of it. I fought him also with my Tracer wielder, and I don't remember it activating at all. The Tracer generally causes it pretty quickly too. When I fought Sif with that build I killed him in under a minute. Just bled him like a stuck pig.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 am

I haven't run into a single status weakness for any of them. SLB seemed to have a negligible effect on Artorias. My numbers aren't exact but I think something to the tune of 30 extra per hit, that's about it (40 Faith). He's resistant as all getup. Their only weaknesses I've encountered to this point are persistence, hitting them a lot, and not getting hit so much. Pro-tip for ya.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 am

Perhaps Manus is weak to Divine modifying damage. My SkS seemed to do a slightly disproportional amount of damage to him given his resistance. Lightning is supposed to kill dragons so it might help on Kalameet, and Artorias might take extra damage from divine weapons too.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:32 am

Divine huh? I might make a princess guard coop build.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:39 am

yeah, i had my crstal halberd with dmb+3 and he was still kicking my *** on my sl 170. wasnt doing as much damagge as i though and it was ng lol.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 am

Hopefully they make Dark Souls II bosses like that lol, make everything do little damage and they pack a whallop XD.

On topic though, I think everyone's right, they're immune to status effects.

Off topic again..What's a Banana Dagger? The Bandit's Knife o.O?
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:51 am

With 40 Faith I have tried divine and occult weapons on both Manus and Artorias and they are not particularly effective. The Silver Knight Spear seems to be more effective indeed, but perhaps it has to do with the fact that it deals thrust damage?

And no, Kalameet is NOT weak to lightning, in fact none of the DLC bosses are. Lightning Spears just tickle them.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:09 am

Somebody in here claimed to have bled out Manus. I've tried with Lifehunt and failed.

Kalameet has slight weakness to Lightning, he's still more resistant than one would expect to it, yet less resistant than to magic, or fire.

Manus is resistant to everything, but Fire seems to do a lot of damage. My Great Fireball did around the same damage, or more, like my phantoms CSS.

Artorias seems to have resistanec to everything, nothing in particular worked worse, or better against him.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 am

Banana dagger is a regular dagger buffed with Sunlight Blade. And, bummer about the divine weapons not boosting damage. Maybe I'll make a higher SL build to allow me a faith-dex hybrid.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:16 pm

anyone ever tried to parry arty?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:23 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:anyone ever tried to parry arty?
    Yes I did and guess what? I died. lol!
    I tried parrying his weaker attacks though, I haven't tried the stronger ones.

From the new bosses, only one that's interesting is Kalameet as you can actually shoot him down and kill him without Gough's help and in fight, you can shoot his eye to stun him and do quite a lot of damage.
    He's a great and fun boss for people using bows.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I didn't, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Doesn't seem possible at least.

On-topic: I'm surprised no one tried, or mentioned that you should try: Occult Weapons. Artorias is supposed to be somekind divine right? Divine Weapons hurt the undead, Occult weapons hurt gods and alike and I quote: "Occult weapons were used to hunt the Gods, and are effective against their followers and kin."

Now, we could argue whether or not Artorias could be considered Divine/god-like/god-follower given his corrupted state all day long, instead of doing that, you should try it.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Sentiel wrote:

From the new bosses, only one that's interesting is Kalameet as you can actually shoot him down and kill him without Gough's help and in fight, you can shoot his eye to stun him and do quite a lot of damage.

How do you do it? More specifically, from where, and which bow you used?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Same question. Shooting his eye to stagger him its very logic. But how can you bring him down and make him a boss battle without Gough's help?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:40 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

When you come to Kalameet's arena, or whatever I should call the place when you normally fight him, he will just sweep through and breath some fire down.

You can trigger this by going to one of the treasures in the middle. When you do, he will come for sure, even if it takes him some time, so quickly run back to the ladder as it's the only place I found where his fire breath doesn't damage you, take out your bow and prepare to fire.

He will fly down, allowing you to shoot him. Repeat many times and reap Gough's amazement over your new deed and respect from him for the rest of the game.

I've used Gough's Greatbow and Gough's Arrows as I tried this on NG+3. It took me around 15 minutes to kill him. Do note that I missed a lot of times, because I tried to aim for his eye, which is f*cking hard, but it does huge damage. Also, Kalameet has a ton of HP on NG+3 and even higher defences.
    I've used Hawk Ring, as otherwise I wouldn't do nearly as much damage to him without it and activated Red Tearstone for extra damage boost.

I've tried using other bows, but Gough's seemed the best for this as hitting him twice with smaller bows, while doing a bit more damage, was pretty hard to time for me. In time and practice you will learn how to headshot him in flight, and then Gough's really shine as you do around 450 per shot.

EDIT:
    You don't make the boss battle this way, you outright kill him.
    Note that it changes a few of Gough's dialogues with you.

EDIT2:
    I haven't tried summoning anyone for Kalameet, Guardian and Artorias yet. I suck I know, but if it was possible to do this with more players, it would be super cool, because luring him to sweep, running back and forth, preparing Greatbow, aiming and actually shooting is extremely tiresome and boring. If I could use a phantom to lure him and perhaps another to help me shoot him down it would be epic. Also wouldn't take me goddamn 15 minutes. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm