STR/INT Build. Need help of experienced players :D

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

STR/INT Build. Need help of experienced players :D

Post by Carpercen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Need any advice for this! Plz!
    Is there something else I should consider??

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=369857879807860433
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: STR/INT Build. Need help of experienced players :D

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 pm

In my opinion, you should go a bit less STR, and more INT. If you use a weapon that's a bit lighter, and focus on the scaling of crystal magic weapon, you'll be doing just as much damage, and would be free to wear heavier armor. I've found, in my own experience PvPing, that light armor/heavy weapon toons are some of the easiest to kill, because they can't go blow for blow with me at heavy poise, and for some reason that's what they all seem to want to try to do. I take probably one hit, tank it, stunlock with my swing, and then it's all over. I'd say focusing more on your ability to cast powerful spells, and a bit less on melee damage would be a good move, but that's just my opinion. Another thing I'm starting to learn, through frequent PvP, is that some of the most dangerous toons, are the one's that wear heavy poise armor, and use fast/light weapons. I fought a guy the other day who was wearing full Havel's, had a massive amount of VIT, and was using a Rapier. He ripped me apart. I wasn't able to stunlock him with my bigger weapon, and every time I tried to get a hit in he was picking apart my vitality with smaller strikes and spells. He was slow, but it didn't matter because when I caught him with attacks, I wasn't really hurting him. Not nearly as much as he was hurting me in each exchange anyway.

Or if you're dead set on going 50 STR, you should make use of it and use a great shield. At that STR and END, Havel's is a total game changer.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:09 pm

But, its fast rolling ._.!
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Carpercen wrote:But, its fast rolling ._.!

With a big heavy weapon it doesn't really matter, at least against heavy toons, because you're going to slow yourself down every time you try to attack.

I think, and again, this is just my opinion, that if you're going to be fast rolling, you should use a quicker, lighter weapon, to make use of your speed. There's plenty of weapons that scale well with STR that are relatively quick. The Butcher's Knife for example.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:57 pm

CMW and PW? you going for a ohko? if yes then youre good to go. if no then youre good to go.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:55 pm

You could always do something like this: http://mmdks.com/g40

you wont be able to one hand but you can still fast roll.

Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 pm

What's the Dex for? Lose it!

And Plastic has a point about the poise. It's crucial for heavy weapons builds to have poise because you attack so slowly. If you have no poise, you'll constantly be interrupted mid-swing by getting staggered. It'd be better for you to be mid-rolling, with more poise, than fast rolling with barely any.

So just lose the Dex and change the armor to give yourself more poise. Other than that, looks alright.

Edit: Oh, I'd lose the shield too! But that's just me...

Edit 2: Actually, I'd recommend you consider losing the Int entirely, too. CMW + PW is a pretty lowly tactic, and it won't be very fun to use either. Most people you come up against will probably just run away and turtle until your CMW wears off and you've lost half your health to PW. And by then, you'll be an underpowered Str build with low poise and half his health gone! Check the Juggernaut build in my sig--that one's a lot of fun! Won't OHK anyone, but will give you your money's worth in good fights.

Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:52 am

You have 2 choices here. Either make it low HP (1500) with 40 poise (Havel +Wolf) fast roll and 40 Str, or 27 Str medium roll with high HP like this one.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=375606445554484949

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:11 am

I think you should change the weapon to something like the MSGS, you could then drop your END to 40 keeping fast roll and invest those points in INT to bring your buff damage up. When buffed Your maximum damage output would be better and you'd get more swings before your stamina runs out meaning your DPS would be higher/you'd have stamin left for a roll after 3 swings(maybe 4 haven't used the MSGS in a little while).

The other thing you could do if your going to be two-handing most of the time is drop your STR to 27 and dump the extra points into VIT

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 pm

MSGS= Man serpent Great Sword right?

mmm

Im not an axpert...

so please tell me... using and extra big sword isnt recomended then right? because it will slow me down right?

So then... what are the weapons I should use??

The 18 points of dex are because i was trying to do a Black Knight run for this one, so in order to use the Black Knight weapons... I invested those 18 points... after that I thought why not make a more versatile str build... But I've already spent those points on dex...

So... should I do a new character xD?
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeah that right, the man serpent greatsword is a lot lighter so you can take less endurance for the same roll speed, you swing faster and you get more swings before you're out of stamina.

Lower base damage but if you invest the points you can save on END in to INT then you'll end up with higher damage when your buffed.

The bigger weapons are fine but with your current setup you can get more damage from putting the points in to INT rather than END. I use a demon great machete on my STR/FTH build and love it

I wouldn't worry too much about the dex, it's not worth starting a new toon over
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Carpercen wrote:
    so please tell me... using and extra big sword isnt recomended then right? because it will slow me down right?

The 18 points of dex are because i was trying to do a Black Knight run for this one, so in order to use the Black Knight weapons... I invested those 18 points... after that I thought why not make a more versatile str build... But I've already spent those points on dex...

If you've already thrown those points into STR and DEX, you should try the Zweihander. Everyone's probably laughing about this, because a few weeks ago they were recommending it to me for the same reasons, and I told them all I didn't like it. but then I tried it, and now I'm recommending it to everyone else.

But, again, I think if you're going to go with one of the slower swords you should go with armor that's a bit heavier.

You could try the Great Axe or Stone GA too, both scale really well with STR and you'll see some damage increase with that DEX investment, although my advice about your armor would stand, because they're still slower weapons.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Carpercen wrote:MSGS= Man serpent Great Sword right?

mmm

Im not an axpert...

In that case I wouldn't bother with Int then, just make it pure Str.

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Ok then... Im lvl 20... so its not big deal to do a new char...
    What happens is that the Black Knight from undead burg and the one in dark root garden dropped me the black knight sword and halberd...
    So... I tought it was fine to invest 9 points on dex to use it...

Im using the sword already and does nice damage but yeah... the bad thing is that is too slooowww....

So... Im trying to reach 32 str to use the halberde u_u
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Str weapons are slow. If you don't like them you can always go Dex and use a Murakumo. The BKGA and the halberd are relatively fast, I don't like the halberd's moveset though because I'm an aggressive type of player and that thing is supposed to be used as a defensive weapon.

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:08 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Str weapons are slow. If you don't like them you can always go Dex and use a Murakumo. The BKGA and the halberd are relatively fast, I don't like the halberd's moveset though because I'm an aggressive type of player and that thing is supposed to be used as a defensive weapon.

You can't buff the BK weapons though can you? If you're going for a high INT melee build, you're going to want to buff. The Murakumo would probably be a great choice for that.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Nope you can't.

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:26 pm

No, I can't... but the Int Issue came later... at first I wanted to be a Black Knight (H)...
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Carpercen wrote:No, I can't... but the Int Issue came later... at first I wanted to be a Black Knight (H)...

INT melee build isn't a bad idea at all. In fact I think the toon you're using now is still very salvageable. You just need to choose something that scales well with STR, some with DEX, and can be buffed. Plenty of weapons do that.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 pm