Guide for Reverting to an Older Patch (360 only right now)

Heidrage

Guide for Reverting to an Older Patch (360 only right now)

Post by Heidrage on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Link to the guide I made. No hacking required.
    http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/dark_souls_339.html

Original Post
    First time poster, already used the search function and did not find much. Sorry if this is out of place.

Me and a few others were wandering if anyone knows if it is possible to revert to an older patch of DkS. We want to patch to 1.05 (for speed running purposes) but none of us know exactly how or if it is even doable. Most of them are using the PS3 version but I am using the 360 version. Anyone have any ideas on how to roll back the patches? I believe we are looking into any solutions possible at the moment, but would prefer not taking apart our systems. But any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Edit: also asked this over at my home forum. Figured I would link it so others can see what has been discussed so far.
    http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/reverting_a_360ps3_game_to_an_older_patch.html

Last edited by Heidrage on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Re: Guide for Reverting to an Older Patch (360 only right now)

Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:41 pm

I believe it's not possible, once you save with a current patch that save data will require that patch in order to load. The best you could do would be to go in completely unpatched I think.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm

You watch Starcrafts?

I like you already lol
    Heidrage

Post by Heidrage on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I am hoping for pikaling plushies to come out soon just like everyone else... I am waiting to throw money at them... I will settle for a ling plushie really...

shameless plug...
    I am a bit active in a bunch of things, but I mostly view/lurk unless my interest is peaked. I mostly speedrun games over at speed demos archive and I made and submitted a TAS to TASVideos. I get around lol.

I was afraid if that. I hope in time someone else could have an idea or some convoluted work around to get the 1.05 patch back... I can only hope now...

Last edited by Heidrage on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I never had plushies... But I would appreciate a Corruptor, Roach, or Hydralisk.

They have not done corruptors yet. sad
    Heidrage

Post by Heidrage on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Give them time, they are doing an amazing job so far.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes...

:estus:

Welcome to the forum, Comrade. Stay, you'll find some nice company.

:pendant:
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Actually...you can revert to i think the original game, NO patch period. I THINK. You just delete all the dark souls game data, and save data. Then play offline and the game won't know there is a patch. Only downside is you can't play online with anyone you make without a patch, the game won't function that way. But you will probably have to lose all your saved games. I know on ps3 it'll be alot easier to just make a new account and go at it that way.

Also, all theories concept or what have you. But...good luck. Speedrun huh...have fun dragon head glitching if it works but you won't be able to use it for pvp. Sorry.

pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    Heidrage

Post by Heidrage on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks but I personally interested in PvP. I mostly play offline anyway (force my 360 to connect to some BS wireless connection). Also, playing offline is best for speedrunning as you wont get interrupted by people trying to gank you... Hard enough just to manipulate the BKH at the start, no need to let someone ruin a great run.

Also, I think we have ideas on how to make this work from the other forum posting in the original post above. Going to be trying it out in the next few days once finals are done.
    Heidrage

Post by Heidrage on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:24 am

I was able to figure it out. And I wanted to share it here as well for anyone who is interested. A link to the guide I made is available in the first post of this thread. Sorry 360 users, I dont have one so I cant test/troubleshoot a guide for them... I am looking into it though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:09 am