Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
SillentShadow
XuitusTheGreat
RANT
befowler
Kuragari
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Ghadis_God
PlasticandRage
Glutebrah
Sloth9230
reim0027
Carphil
bunnywink
Rynn
Automancer
robsthedon
Sentiel
Cabjoy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
24 posters

township cowards...

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

township cowards... Empty township cowards...

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 am

waiting in the oolacile town ship for duels, 40 out of 43 invaders run away into the area hoping to ambush me instead of duelling. all 40 runaway to heal if i damage them when they come back up to the bonfire. im never hosting here again.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

township cowards... Empty Re: township cowards...

Post by Cabjoy Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:04 am

I haven't had any issues hosting in the township, but I do tend to get gang banged whenever I RSS. That's my personal favourite...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 am

this is in the 200 or so bracket, made the toon for the arena but its still barren, so i tried hosting.... btw the 3 honorable invaders... make that 2 cause one was the same guy a second time.... maybe i'll just summon a phantom to block the exit....
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 am

Same experience.

Kill townfolk, send elevator down and if they run, rush them with katana, spear , or mothing with good running attack reach, use spells, or bow/crossbows.

Works wonders for me.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:41 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:waiting in the oolacile town ship for duels, 40 out of 43 invaders run away into the area hoping to ambush me instead of duelling. all 40 runaway to heal if i damage them when they come back up to the bonfire. im never hosting here again.

Yeah to that. The worst place.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 am

I honestly see the Township to be good with one thing - the arena.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 am

I still host there, because it's hilarious to see people run off 30 different times, and still eventually die.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:52 am

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of invaders tend to run down to where the Oolacile sorcerers are when I host. Then there are instances where I have been summoned for co-op and the host expects me to gank with him and another phantom. Nope. :x

So... I can somewhat understand the invader mindset on being cautious and leaving the bonfire area... There seems to be a lot of spawn camping and ganking there.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 am

Its fun if you have a fog ring and a dragonslayer bow.

Its not fun when you go AFK, someone invades, after 30 minutes you go back and sundently they use force from chameleon to push you off the cliff.

Anyway, its definitely more fun than 1 vs 1 arena
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 am

I don't think it is a well known duel area as, say, the burg. A general invader, going after questers, that behavior is expected (except for the heal spamming).
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 pm

I haven't had a single invader who hasn't tried to Wog me off the elevator, the first elevator is optional... the second not so much sad
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 pm

I will ask.
    Apart from going around, how can I survive being WoG, or Forced on them elevators?

As a reward for telling me, I will let you know on a little secret. When you reach your first caster, there is a rooftop, that you can jump to from inside of the building with treasure. Not many know this, so lot of people will have hard time getting there to kill you.
    You can use this to camp with bows. big grin
    Have fun.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:14 pm

town ship used to be incredible for duels, and still get majority of awesome hosts when i invade. but i am starting to see more and more hosts/invaders there who flask/humanity non stop.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Sentiel wrote:I will ask.
    Apart from going around, how can I survive being WoG, or Forced on them elevators?

As a reward for telling me, I will let you know on a little secret. When you reach your first caster, there is a rooftop, that you can jump to from inside of the building with treasure. Not many know this, so lot of people will have hard time getting there to kill you.
    You can use this to camp with bows. big grin
    Have fun.

dodge roll it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:15 pm

I've had sort of the same experience in the Abyss. I've been DM invading down there a lot over the past week, and probably 75% of the people I invade start summoning a minute or two after I spawn. Thankfully the Abyss provides the outnumbered invader with some great backup. I've been hiding inside large groups of humanity ghosts, then Trident buffing them when a host with phantoms comes close. Those things do massive amounts of damage when they're buffed, and are hard to avoid when your enemies have their hands full avoiding both them and you.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 pm

I get better quality of duels when cosplaying Artorias at a high SL. Most of the invaders (none of the DM's) seem to at least recognize that I'm looking for a fun duel when I'm dressed up, and I give them quite the boss battle.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 pm

I know this forum doesn't allow it, but in this circumstance I wish we could out some of these IDs/tags only to shame them.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I've had sort of the same experience in the Abyss. I've been DM invading down there a lot over the past week, and probably 75% of the people I invade start summoning a minute or two after I spawn. Thankfully the Abyss provides the outnumbered invader with some great backup. I've been hiding inside large groups of humanity ghosts, then Trident buffing them when a host with phantoms comes close. Those things do massive amounts of damage when they're buffed, and are hard to avoid when your enemies have their hands full avoiding both them and you.

the abyss was never considered a dueling area, invading the abyss is like invading Anor Londo, you don't do it for duels.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I've had sort of the same experience in the Abyss. I've been DM invading down there a lot over the past week, and probably 75% of the people I invade start summoning a minute or two after I spawn. Thankfully the Abyss provides the outnumbered invader with some great backup. I've been hiding inside large groups of humanity ghosts, then Trident buffing them when a host with phantoms comes close. Those things do massive amounts of damage when they're buffed, and are hard to avoid when your enemies have their hands full avoiding both them and you.

the abyss was never considered a dueling area, invading the abyss is like invading Anor Londo, you don't do it for duels.

Yeah I usually have a phantom with me by the time i reach the abyss, so I almost never get to light the bonfire there, so if you invade me there then you can bet your about to get ganked(no spawn ganking though, that's just not nice. I will spawn gank in the township if waiting for a second summon though, you can never know who's going to try and wog you off the elevators)

About roll dodging, yes but that could just as easily get you killed
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

Yeah I usually have a phantom with me by the time i reach the abyss, so I almost never get to light the bonfire there, so if you invade me there then you can bet your about to get ganked(no spawn ganking though, that's just not nice. I will spawn gank in the township if waiting for a second summon though, you can never know who's going to try and wog you off the elevators)

About roll dodging, yes but that could just as easily get you killed

its your only option other then stacking ALOT of poise,
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 pm

To be honest, with the inclusion of the arena, I have been approaching all other areas as more or less wild. If a duel happens, a duel happens but I'm not expecting them even if the area seems meta designated for duels. Like Rodney Dangerfield said, "I went to the fights the other day and a hockey game broke out."
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:50 pm

if i'm the host and trying to quest and i have a summon, i'll flask, cause i'm trying to go places. i'll heal my summon too i dont care who your fighting with lol

but if i'm solo, i often times run when i'm human, i wont heal, unless you count replinishment healing lol

and i HATE it when i'm in a situation i'm in right now with my knight, i have like 30 humanity and x amount of souls sitting down in the four kings cause i died, i need some assistance to kill him and the last thing i need is to be killed waiting for someone to summon.

but yes i've ran into the township probem myself, i've seen people go through countless humanity healing themselves.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Emergence wrote:To be honest, with the inclusion of the arena, I have been approaching all other areas as more or less wild. If a duel happens, a duel happens but I'm not expecting them even if the area seems meta designated for duels. Like Rodney Dangerfield said, "I went to the fights the other day and a hockey game broke out."

eh there are still many many people who like fair duels over the arena. the arena is all about preserving that streak. and most 1v1 arena matches turns into a turtle after 1 person gets the first kill so they get that streak. arena fights and your average duel are a 100% different experience imo, id rather fight 3v1 spawn gankers then a spear turtle in arena, because the spawn gank is 4 seconds of my time compared to 3 mins with a spear turtle.

Kuragari wrote:if i'm the host and trying to quest and i have a summon, i'll flask, cause i'm trying to go places. i'll heal my summon too i dont care who your fighting with lol

but if i'm solo, i often times run when i'm human, i wont heal, unless you count replinishment healing lol

and i HATE it when i'm in a situation i'm in right now with my knight, i have like 30 humanity and x amount of souls sitting down in the four kings cause i died, i need some assistance to kill him and the last thing i need is to be killed waiting for someone to summon.

but yes i've ran into the township probem myself, i've seen people go through countless humanity healing themselves.

questing is questing, if you are questing there is no honor, heal as much as you have to, that invader is no more different then any mob/boss on that level you need to defeat.

but if you wait at spawn with the intention if fighting invaders 1v1 then there should be honor in place.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Glutebrah wrote:

More like Tomb of the giants :|
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Glutebrah wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting to a point where I'm starting to just embrace it that way. I generally like to fight fair, or my perception of fair, but if I'm outnumbered and attacked then I don't really see any moral dilemma with responding in kind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am