Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
ChizFreak
Zakkia
MosquitoPower
Slarg232
billy_bayonet
aprilmanha
XachAttack
DoughGuy
FexDS
Chaos Spectre
ViralEnsign_
Elite Knight
Sloth9230
eminusx
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
Carpercen
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
Tomhet
>Brave<
Seignar
Infighter
Xero
SetaSensei
Nybbles
callipygias
Aevun
Serious_Much
BIG TIME MASTER
BeeSeaEss
carlucio
tinypantha
Djem
Rynn
steveswede
Tolvo
Juutas
GrinTwist
Conrack
User
Onion Knight
Marino.
tofucactaur
WyrmHero
Soris Ice Goldwing
raecor14
The Letter X
SublimeSinner
53 posters

Your Greatest Fear

Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Your Greatest Fear - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Greatest Fear

Post by Tomhet Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 am

My biggest fear would be finding out that the story is less unique and more explicit. The Dark Souls mythos is coherent and very poetic, I wouldn't like to see that ruined.

My second biggest fear would be a more generic gameplay.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 am

My worst fear is that suddenly when you walk around a corner Jack Bauer will appear and say...here take this gun it will make things easier. Also here`s a grenande, it will come in handy if you fight a heavy armoured knight. Also here`s a jetpack that way you can just fly over them.

In all seriousness though I guess my greatest fear is a prologue.....
    GTP_Zodicus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by GTP_Zodicus Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 am

I fear that it may be dumbed down to get more sales, they havent done that in the past look and demon to dark souls the kings field games heck even the armored core games, but there always a first time hopefully its not with dark souls 2.
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 am

After watching the trailer I have just one fear at the moment...
    There is a scene that remembers me the trailer for AC: Revelations, when Ezio arrives Massyaff and gets ambushed by the templars.
    The scene of the battle have some similarities, I mean, the combos...
    So my fear is this... Don't, please DON'T implement an AC combo-like system! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
    It's horrible! I like AC.. but has a bad battle system, that I always hated... It never was challenging...

Don't do that to Dark Souls :C
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 pm

That they won't fix the poise and ninja flipping issue. While it was a great and innovative way to deal with the stunlock problem, poise basically gave heavy armor a natural advantage over anything else in PVP. On top of that, they allowed Havel tanks to wear those same rings, using the flip animation along with everyone else. Not only does it look absolutely ridiculous in a game that is supposed to have such a serious tone, it further diminished the advantages that light/cloth wearers had.

And yes, I know that there will always be players who will say "hey, I did perfectly fine with light armor in PVP." Maybe, but its only because youre a really good player. Being a heavy Berserker -magic user who can tank, cast, and swing through pretty much anything while dealing massive damage doesn't take much skill if you build it right. That was my problem.

Second, PLEASE fix crossbows and throwing knives so that they have some kind of viability. Its as if they were just there for show. Sniper Crossbow, anyone?

Last edited by MasterofShadows on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Carpercen wrote:After watching the trailer I have just one fear at the moment...
    There is a scene that remembers me the trailer for AC: Revelations, when Ezio arrives Massyaff and gets ambushed by the templars.
    The scene of the battle have some similarities, I mean, the combos...
    So my fear is this... Don't, please DON'T implement an AC combo-like system! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
    It's horrible! I like AC.. but has a bad battle system, that I always hated... It never was challenging...

Don't do that to Dark Souls :C

Yeah, this was a big problem for me in the Assassin's Creed games, and it made me pretty much drop out after Brotherhood. There was no challenge whatsoever! There was no point in even trying to be stealthy, because there was no point to it when you can just walk up to a crowd of enemies and chain kill all of them in a matter of 10 seconds.
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:57 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    tofucactaur wrote:biggest fear is definitely their use of the words 'a new hero'. I would be absolutely disappointed if, instead of creating our own hero, we played as a predetermined character.
    To me it almost sounds as if that is what they intend to do with the next title. The thing I probably love most about demons and dark souls was being able to create totally unique characters. It is what I loved most about PVP, not just testing my own builds, but seeing what the community created.

By "a new hero," I think they just mean a new take on "The Chosen Undead." Rather than an undead's journey to link the fire and whatnot, it's a new journey and new hero.

It would suck if they took away the main idea of an RPG, though.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Go back and watch the trailer for Demon's Souls and the original "Prepare to Die" trailer - they both have a single "hero", and we still got to create our own player in both games. Besides, how dumb would it be to have the same "hero" invaded and invading everyone's game?
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Nybbles wrote:in all seriousness, i am worried that they are rushing this game out too soon after Dark Souls, they just finished the DLC and up until just recently, Miyazaki (sp?) wasn't even sure they were going to make a sequel/prequel. i am afraid that this will be rushed and or much of the content will have to be cut for time constraints. which would be a bloody shame. i would much rather wait for a better game than get a game that was rushed out the door to cash in on Dark Souls success.

What makes you think they haven't been working on it since Dark Souls' release? That was almost a year and a half ago.
    Consider also, there are likely a LOT of assets that didn't make it into Dark Souls or AotA, so they very likely have a lot of assets they can drop into a new game, speeding up the process.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see this game by Oct 2013 (NA), in keeping with the other Souls games. Anything before then would be a surprise.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 pm

my greatest fear is getting it trapped in my zip, but after that, its probably that there are so many things done beautifully well in DS, and really botching up just one of them could mean a quite different game overall.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:That they won't fix the poise and ninja flipping issue. While it was a great and innovative way to deal with the stunlock problem, poise basically gave heavy armor a natural advantage over anything else in PVP. On top of that, they allowed Havel tanks to wear those same rings, using the flip animation along with everyone else. Not only does it look absolutely ridiculous in a game that is supposed to have such a serious tone, it further diminished the advantages that light/cloth wearers had.

I don't see any problem at all, if you want to use light armour that's YOUR problem, nobody is forcing you. Poise is the perfect solution for stunlocking. And as far as I recall you can't wear Havel's and flip at the same time anymore.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Tomhet wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:That they won't fix the poise and ninja flipping issue. While it was a great and innovative way to deal with the stunlock problem, poise basically gave heavy armor a natural advantage over anything else in PVP. On top of that, they allowed Havel tanks to wear those same rings, using the flip animation along with everyone else. Not only does it look absolutely ridiculous in a game that is supposed to have such a serious tone, it further diminished the advantages that light/cloth wearers had.

I don't see any problem at all, if you want to use light armour that's YOUR problem, nobody is forcing you. Poise is the perfect solution for stunlocking. And as far as I recall you can't wear Havel's and flip at the same time anymore.

Just saying, "No its perfect, and its your problem" doesn't really address any concerns. It just means that you like it as it is. That is fine, but an answer like that doesn't really have any effect on me, because it doesn't help me to see your perspective. Perhaps you could elaborate by arguing your point further?

I understand that it was meant to deal with heavy stunlocking, and its done that beautifully. But, in my opinion, its still a flawed mechanic and needs some tweaking. For one, the amount of poise you can get makes you able to withstand massive amounts of damage before getting stunned, which pretty much makes light damage, fast hitting weapons virtually useless, in comparison, unless you can get a backstab or parry in. There should be some additional tweaks or conditions to the stun/poise system to balance it a bit more. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that we go back to the Demon's Souls stunlocking days.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 am

MasterofShadows wrote:
    Tomhet wrote:

Just saying, "No its perfect, and its your problem" doesn't really address any concerns. It just means that you like it as it is. That is fine, but an answer like that doesn't really have any effect on me, because it doesn't help me to see your perspective. Perhaps you could elaborate by arguing your point further?

I understand that it was meant to deal with heavy stunlocking, and its done that beautifully. But, in my opinion, its still a flawed mechanic and needs some tweaking. For one, the amount of poise you can get makes you able to withstand massive amounts of damage before getting stunned, which pretty much makes light damage, fast hitting weapons virtually useless, in comparison, unless you can get a backstab or parry in. There should be some additional tweaks or conditions to the stun/poise system to balance it a bit more. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that we go back to the Demon's Souls stunlocking days.

Considering Havels is made of pure stone, I'd be pretty surprised if light weapons could do anything to slow down the person inside. I think Poise/armor is pretty is pretty balanced. If you want to use a fast weapon then of course your going to be at a disadvantage against someone wearing full Havels or giants.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 am

MasterofShadows wrote:

What I'm trying to say is that it's a matter of choice. If you decide to wear light armour and wield a dagger, then you really don't need to invest in endurance. Mobility and critical hits are your rewards, you can even flip around. But if your opponent raises his endurance and sacrifices a ring slot to use heavy armour, why shouldn't he get a reward too? For me that's balance.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 am

I'm afraid of accessibility or modal difficulty. I'm not a hardcore gamer, and I usually avoid harder difficulties on other games like the plague, but one of the attractive aspects of the Souls series is the fact that it's just hard because it is, not because you get to select a harder mode. As ENB explained, upgrading equipment and leveling does make the game easier, so it should just stick with that. I worry that adding modes will ruin what is one of the greatest experiences in gaming I've ever had.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 am

My greatest fear......

That Miyazaki leaving and a huge **** up from FromSoft and Namco will spoil the series for me forever.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 am

MasterofShadows wrote:I understand that it was meant to deal with heavy stunlocking, and its done that beautifully. But, in my opinion, its still a flawed mechanic and needs some tweaking. For one, the amount of poise you can get makes you able to withstand massive amounts of damage before getting stunned, which pretty much makes light damage, fast hitting weapons virtually useless, in comparison, unless you can get a backstab or parry in. There should be some additional tweaks or conditions to the stun/poise system to balance it a bit more. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that we go back to the Demon's Souls stunlocking days.

The whole point of a tank build is just that, a tank build. This is why you should always prepare your build to be at least a bit universal in the weapons department. Come face to face with a Havel build, use a bleed weapon or a critical weapon with the hornet ring. You could even put pressure on them by using poison or toxic while using bleed weapons. If your desperate to win, use power within, it requires one attunement so it has very little stat investment. Yeah sure more options would be great but poise isn't the monster you make it out to be.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 am

I fear that the with this recent conversation that opening up a game to let casuals in is a good idea, might make From think that making the game easier is a good idea. Its not, and I don't think that people who don't commit and put in effort to play a game deserve to be catered to. Its what is wrong with this industry in the first place.

Companies focus too much on spontaneous buyers and hope for the best, but don't focus enough on dedicated buyers who will buy the game and dish out more money to enjoy the game. If they do put in an easy mode, it should be restricted from online play and they player should not be allowed to carry over anything into a normal mode character, at all. If they want to play the game, then fine, they can play, but don't jump in and ruin it for the people that actually tried because you were handed all the power weapons being you didn't even want to earn them with skill and determination.

I think back to the days of old mario, zelda, and metroid, and remember the pain and frustration, and the excitement I felt from winning those games, and nowadays, the Souls series is the only series alive to do that.

Honestly, if they cater to people who don't want to try, then thats practically on the same level as giving a high school drop out who hasn't touched college and sells their body for drugs the CEO position at a fortune 500 company.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:09 am

Tomhet wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:

What I'm trying to say is that it's a matter of choice. If you decide to wear light armour and wield a dagger, then you really don't need to invest in endurance. Mobility and critical hits are your rewards, you can even flip around. But if your opponent raises his endurance and sacrifices a ring slot to use heavy armour, why shouldn't he get a reward too? For me that's balance.

Endurance isn't just for equipment load, you know? Its also for stamina too. Faster moving dex characters who use rapid successive attacks need stamina just as much as tanks do. So no, I still don't see your point.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:23 am

My greatest fear is another game without servers.

This game NEEDS servers.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 am

I kind of wish you had an option to use P2P, and servers. As well as the option of which server you are playing on in the options, rather than based on your disc. User the servers when the game it is in its prime, then switch to P2P when the game isn't as popular or if the servers go down.

Not sure if that's possible though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 am

But Fex it'll be region locked! So there will be like 5 people on the oceania server.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 am

DoughGuy wrote:But Fex it'll be region locked! So there will be like 5 people on the oceania server.

I'll be on that server!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 am

Yeah, it'll be you, me, fex and the 2 other aussies on the forum Oh wait Mildred. Ok the Oceania server will have 6 people!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 am

Man thats means no Gankers!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:52 am

Well if you really want Fex, Mildred and I can gank you?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am