Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
PlasticandRage
reim0027
Wisp
7 posters

Are there any weapons which can guaruntee a hit after staggering somoene with dragon roar?

Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Are there any weapons which can guaruntee a hit after staggering somoene with dragon roar? Empty Are there any weapons which can guaruntee a hit after staggering somoene with dragon roar?

Post by Wisp Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 pm

I'll copypasta the title lol

Are there any weapons which can guaruntee a hit after staggering somoene with dragon roar?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Are there any weapons which can guaruntee a hit after staggering somoene with dragon roar? Empty Re: Are there any weapons which can guaruntee a hit after staggering somoene with dragon roar?

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Try a spear. Fast and really long range (DS has the longest reach).
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Are there any weapons which can guaruntee a hit after staggering somoene with dragon roar? Empty Re: Are there any weapons which can guaruntee a hit after staggering somoene with dragon roar?

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:50 pm

^ That's what I do too. The Pike and SkSp work well too. I'm a Pike man myself. Love that charging move.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm biased against spears :x

Thanks though lol can any other weapons do it?
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Wisp wrote:I'm biased against spears :x

A crossbow might be a good idea. Paired with the Leo ring you could catch them in that stumble animation.

You could also go with the BSS sword for their long reach r2 poke. I've managed to do over 700 points of damage with power within and the Leo ring with one poke so paired with stage dragon roar might be even better.

My 2 cents. ^_^
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Definately, balder sword + leo + dragon roar is awesome, infact BSS is probably my most used weapon. But still not a guarunteed hit sad
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:09 pm

If you're close enough, I'm sure a katana would work. It can hit after a Great Combustion or kick stagger, so I'm sure the roar would work too.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:19 am

RedderAI wrote:
    Wisp wrote:I'm biased against spears :x

A crossbow might be a good idea. Paired with the Leo ring you could catch them in that stumble animation.

You could also go with the BSS sword for their long reach r2 poke. I've managed to do over 700 points of damage with power within and the Leo ring with one poke so paired with stage dragon roar might be even better.

My 2 cents. ^_^

An upgraded Composite Bow can do insane damage with high Dex too. I've definitely done that a few times.

Following up with one of the thrusting sword's backstep attacks can work nicely too. Sometimes even net you two buffed hits, if you're close enough.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:21 am

crossbow and reg halberd.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:28 am

Thanks
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Lol the butchers knife attack, the R2 attack to be persist it has a run up animation and works really well with the roar. If you stun them and press it in the right time that is, my m8 uses it really really well and it kills...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am