Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Rynn
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
Odinbear
Icegodzilla
Rarayn
BLA1NE
sinspaw
reim0027
Seignar
16 posters

Skipping Ceaseless [1.07]

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Skipping Ceaseless [1.07] Empty Skipping Ceaseless [1.07]

Post by Seignar Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Miyazaki had said there was a way and that it looked like a bug. The older methods that we knew were tanking through the lava, which didn't seem like a bug, but I think Miyazaki was thinking of this method which DOES look sort of like a bug

Point of interest is 43:00 to 44:00.
    Still, like the Archives thing, who would practice this thing to perfection?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Skipping Ceaseless [1.07] Empty Re: Skipping Ceaseless [1.07]

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:15 pm

That is a cool trick. I guess, practical if you are doing a speedrun.
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Yeah... that's neat.

On a side note though, he got pretty lucky against that stray demon no? Luckiest i've ever seen. They always do the exploding tricks to me.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:21 pm

^Stray Demon's attacks are very context sensitive. If you're at a certain angle to him, and a certain distance, he'll always do the same attacks. Don't ask me specifically what those contexts are, though! All I know is, because of the way I fight him, I always somehow get him stuck in a continuous loop. All he does is the flying butt-slam, and all I do is run away and run in for a runnin-R1, followed by a few hits until he bleeds, then run away and repeat.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Personally I think the most lucky part of that video was getting the Black Knight Halberd to drop early on. I actually can't recall ever getting it, except possibly once on some older characters.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm

He did it over and over until he got the drop. Can you imagine how many times he ad to do that run to get it like this? And, so soon after 1.07 came out.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:51 pm

So thats the trick been bothering me ever since i heard that it there was away to skip him
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 pm

You can also tank it and use flash sweat. IIRC, someone tested that and it worked.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 pm

thought flash sweet might work but never tested it
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Geez, can't bleve I just watched the whole thing. This guys pretty good.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 am

I've watched it a couple times. I still can't believe it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 am

This could easily have been false information, but I think I remember reading that the last patch increased the amount of damage that lava does without the orange charred ring. If that's true I'm wondering if this would even be possible anymore?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 am

I'm currently speedrunning with SL 11.

I skip Ceaseless by picking up Gold-Hemmed set (for it's high Fire def, but other armor with good Fire def can be used, if you have any) and Homeward out.

Putting on high Fire def gear. Take Flame Stoneplate Ring and use Flash Sweat.
    That way I can run through the lava with ease, but I still need to use Estus a few times.
    (It would be better if they added need to use Rusted Iron Ring or something, but meh)
    Capra Demon can be ignored, so I just run past him and head straight for the bonfire.

Take note! Without killing Ceaseless that bonfire in Demon Ruins won't work, it won't appear at all, even if you kill that rock worm!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:23 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Take note! Without killing Ceaseless that bonfire in Demon Ruins won't work, it won't appear at all, even if you kill that rock worm!
    That's smart level design. Otherwise the player would be trapped down there.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 am

reim0027 wrote:You can also tank it and use flash sweat. IIRC, someone tested that and it worked.
    I did this originally. Used pre-patch gold hemmed set with flash sweat and fast roll. Then people improved upon it with stuff like the flameplate ring and DWGR which made it so you can get across with ease.

@Rynn Well technically they wouldn't be. If you make it across once you should be able to make it back with ease after resting at a bonfire.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:12 am

If he had rested at the Daughter of Chaos bonfire the first time, he could have warped there and saved himself a lot of time.

Amazing video!
    Al1000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Al1000 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:34 am

I skipped the Ceaseless in 1.05 with no tank with sweet flash. What was crucial for skipping him is ninja ring and stamina regeneration (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMHSnlWO-qIO).

If you dont know how Ceaseless legs look like, watch this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhL_QzvKZC4)

Last edited by Al1000 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:If he had rested at the Daughter of Chaos bonfire the first time, he could have warped there and saved himself a lot of time.

Amazing video!
    No, that would have been much slower. Instead of using a homeward bone to get all the way back to Sen's, he'd have had to run all the way back up there. It's a lot faster to warp to Firelink and run down to the DoC bonfire, than it is to run up from DoC to Sen's.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:26 pm

This looks like the same method that some guy figured out in 1.05.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:01 pm

The 4 Kings fight was making me feel plenty inadequate as a player, but that opening parry on Gwyn was just gross. I do like how the last knight just before the fog gate was all "Yeah, now you're mi-- you know, I'll just pass this time."

Honestly, watching folks run through the game like it's a playground makes me appreciate sweet, sweet gravelordin'. I don't care how pro you are, a few unexpected BPs will ruin anyone's day (and it even happens to hollow players).
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 pm

befowler wrote:The 4 Kings fight was making me feel plenty inadequate as a player, but that opening parry on Gwyn was just gross. I do like how the last knight just before the fog gate was all "Yeah, now you're mi-- you know, I'll just pass this time."

Honestly, watching folks run through the game like it's a playground makes me appreciate sweet, sweet gravelordin'. I don't care how pro you are, a few unexpected BPs will ruin anyone's day (and it even happens to hollow players).
    This coming from a dedicated sunbro? Enjoying making a quester's job much harder? Solaire would be ashamed. silly
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:40 am

BLA1NE wrote:
    Green__Eagle wrote:If he had rested at the Daughter of Chaos bonfire the first time, he could have warped there and saved himself a lot of time.

Amazing video!
    No, that would have been much slower. Instead of using a homeward bone to get all the way back to Sen's, he'd have had to run all the way back up there. It's a lot faster to warp to Firelink and run down to the DoC bonfire, than it is to run up from DoC to Sen's.

Huh? Go the nearest bonfire and warp to Daughter of Chaos. Or Homebone to the last bonfire and warp to Daughter of Chaos. Either way is much faster than walking there from Firelink.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    befowler wrote:The 4 Kings fight was making me feel plenty inadequate as a player, but that opening parry on Gwyn was just gross. I do like how the last knight just before the fog gate was all "Yeah, now you're mi-- you know, I'll just pass this time."

This coming from a dedicated sunbro? Enjoying making a quester's job much harder? Solaire would be ashamed. silly

Haha, just making it so people need to summon us! If everyone's running through the game in under an hour all by themselves, Solaire (and I) will get awful lonely. So lonely..
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:

Amazing video!

Huh? Go the nearest bonfire and warp to Daughter of Chaos. Or Homebone to the last bonfire and warp to Daughter of Chaos. Either way is much faster than walking there from Firelink.
    That's true, but if he rested at Daughter, then he has to walk from Daughter to Firelink. Either way you have to walk it, either firelink to daughter, or daughter to firelink. SInce firelink to daughter is faster (since you can fall), it's faster to do it that way.

If you think you know a shortcut this guy missed, you must have 1000 hours + logged into this game... because his skills are ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 am