Knight Gracious Vale

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Knight Gracious Vale

Post by User on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Trying something a bit new. Already had fought as a Darkwraith Cosplay to NG++... Now I am going to make my own knight. Armed with such armour, weapons. And tools:

http://mmdks.com/fca

I plan on making him go to NG Beyond. You heard me.

The question is, is there someone willing to help me? I will start with COOP around NG+, when my character is set and ready. For now, a few builds and upgrades to the proud knight will exist. I need some lesiure time.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: Knight Gracious Vale

Post by RANT on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

are you gonna keep leveling him up? i was thinking about making a high sl str build(sl200)
    something like this http://mmdks.com/fcc

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Hm... Sure happy

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:58 pm

May I ask that, if we do Coop, to not use magic? Tempting I know, but the use makes most enemies seemless in difficulty.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Well... Got most of what I need. Need to have a better hold of survival against Havel.

Smack

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Okay... I made it up to level 26, with upgraded +2 Elite Armour, Dragon Shield, and Astora Sword +4... with Seek Guidance and Tranquil as my only spells I will ever use.

I need to upgrade my armour to +6, my sword to +5, and my shield to +3/4. Need to get Spell Stoneplate (later), and Evil Eye (sooner). The last piece would be the Dried Fingers and something I don't remember exactly...

The journey continues some other time. For now, I shall write.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Ok, I'm gonna start my toon tomorrow since I'm doing 2v2 in arena tonight.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Okay Ranty Ranter. Good Luck in the Arena. I fought there with my hammer and sunlight only (Sunlight Spear/Blade). I usually got the most kills, and never lost (until my teammate left, then I just BCed out after the two used Dark Shotgun Spams. Blarg).

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Okay... the Astora Straight Sword was always something that I respected. It is not my favourite weapon, and I know other weapons I prefer... but the Astora Straight Sword I do respect. It has been great in inflicting death. Literally, even if the scale is C, the Astora Sword is powerful even without being fuly upgraded and scales going as I am reaching (not past 20 for faith, dex, nor strength. Faith is 20, the others are 18/18).

The Sword is strong... I wonder how far it will fall in favour, when NG+ and beyond arrives.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Its really good in the beginning but I don't see it being good in ng+. I've never used it for Pve after manor so I don really know.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:08 pm

I shall find out myself. Dark Sword was fantastic as just Pure Physical, with Darkwraith Armour and Dark Hand... that was it. Made it to NG++.

Now let me see if Elite Knight, Dragon Shield, and Astora Sword reach towards NG Beyond.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 am

elite knight and dragon shiels(one of my faveorite shields) will get you to ng7, not sure about astora's sword.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 am

We shall see... in the future.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Today, I fought the First Darkwraith Player met in the Game. Blighttown Swamp, a Sanctus user with a Rapier of Lightning. Honestly, I expected him to Backstab me. This character is still heavy.

:estus:

I traveled threw the Depths and Blighttown, as well as Saved Rhea as well. I have the spells I need, which is the second spell of Seek Guidance. I will beat the Spider Centaur soon as I get the third Firekeeper Soul from the darts, seeing as how Both New Londo and Parish Keepers are now mine.

I reside in the Great Hollow to collect some Dragon Scales and Twinkling titanite. Perhaps some Frog Eyes and Unnecessary Pine Resin as well. Gracious Vale has died a once by the Cleric with the Brass Axe, and the Second by the Darkwraith. I remember dying twice by the Black Knight with the Axe as well... my guy is heavy. I hate armour.

I have the Rite of Kindling, upgrading all flames by at least 15. Perserving Humanity for other Bonfires, needing three (or two if alive) in order to kindle. I will descend into the Hollow Soon, and come back up to Blighttown to finish it off.

I must say, this Sword is good as the Shield. Of course Straight Swords are not as One Shot as my Serpent Sword and Demon Great Hammer... it is a smaller sword after all. Ripostes seem to do vast amount of damage, due to the Magic and Physical multiplication. Undead also get damaged by my Divine weapons easier, too... Killing them with more damage than what the AR shows. I guess Divine Multiplies damage... but is it just magic, physical, or both? I never discovered that... due to Priscilla's Dagger having Occult yet just Physical... although it seems to be the exception. I don't know, it is hard to say.

Gracious Vale has upgraded his damage with the sword, as well as faith and endurance. The Gaping Dragon was killed with One to One combat... I was summoned when I accidentally put the White Sign instead of Estus in Blighttown. I tried to Help a thief, but he died by a club. Go figure, he did not follow.

Will continue my quest soon... it seems that Vale will be my new hero... but I know I am missing some bits. Hard to Say.

I will travel a bit down the Great Hollow... then I will work some more, writing for my personal use. For tomorrow, I will be working hard in other things in mind.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:48 pm

I killed the Black Hydra, doing 81 hits with two handed R1. I mostly did R1 one handed, though. Took awhile to remove its heads. I stopped after leveling by two, and getting some scales. Will explore Ash Lake, before hunting some Clams, Shrooms, and Frogs. As for the Stone Dragon... I might kindle its bon once, so that I can warp there for a later time. Have to deal with the clam, though. I had to beat one up, although they stagger with ease. That's good, at least.

Will write about Vale's Adventures when I do it again.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 am

Been exploring... Anor Londo.

I killed Sen's, although I have seen a diminish in returns for Astora's Sword. Really... Iron Golem was... ya. I killed without dying, but the time it took was long enough.

I had easy time with serpents. A riposte was an instant, however other attacks were not. Broke Logan's Wall with the help of serpent, who broke it with a certain trust swing.

I also beaten the Stray Demon, and took the Slab as well as the Three Knights... Two Black, one looking like me. Still am using Dragon shield, not Crest.

I am going to reach +5 estus soon. Have +4 Now, after killing the Firekeeper Witch... I shall continue on, soon enough. I am debating whether to kil Gwyndolin now, or later... save the Firekeeper for the other two souls, no?

Perhaps I will ascend to +5, and cut both their throats out. Will then save Dusk, so I can save the princess... again. Artorias is going to be pleasing, that I know. NG may be more strain than I thought.

The armour has made life easy, though the weight is still felt. The weight makes rolls fall, and stamina regen is slower. But the Poise makes constant hitting with the Sword duable. The Stun of the sword on enemies is better than other swords I have tried, that is for sure. It seems better than the Dark Sword in stun, actually...

I have leveled to 55, with 21 STrength/Dex and 25 faith... endurance and vitality has also increased. Will be going threw the Church of Guardians soon... then head to Gwyndolin bonfire. There, I will rest... I will pass the Sentinels, slay the winged beasts, and fight the silver knights... since I can kill black knights with the sword, I am sure the Silver Knights will be easier to deal with. Although, the weight and bow shot maybe dangerous.

Again, I am doing this alone right now... when I get the vessel, I will be warping to save Dusk, Kill Sif/Butterfly, and go to the painted world to subdue the Crossbreed. I am heartless, I know. Such majestic creatures. Nonetheless... I will be seeing them again after I kill Gwyn. Perhaps... I will save Sif for when I kill Manus. See the cutscene too.

The adventure of Vale continues, without care. Will be going now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:51 am