Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 7 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm

What I would like to see is more realism:
    1. Bring back the weight allowance! How in the heck are you able to run around with so many items - loads of armour, weapons, 999 arrows.. seriously/??
    2. I want areas unlocked after completing the game and getting final boss soul. Then 2 boss souls get you into the next area....
    3. Nightmare difficulty from the off!
    4. A weapons training school. If you want better move sets you need to be a certain level and then train at them - spend lots of souls to unlock chain movesets etc...
    5. Clothing customizable options - hats, hair, make-up/tattoos, capes and cloacks, boots, engraving on helmets and armour.
    6. Backstabs significantly reduced but improved during sneak mode/cat ring equipped.
    7. when you move into new game + you only take with you what you are carrying.
    8. Better throwing weaons - spears, axes, darts
    9. Moveable traps and oil barrels - when you get invaded you can set up a barrier/trap/perimeter for the invader...

suggestions I'll agree with
    1. No health bar - brilliant idea Juutas! Love Monster Hunter!
    2. Improved AI - being able to pick off enemies one by one is just not realistic
    3. When you are invaded only the sound of an invader entering your world alerts you to the fact it has happened.. and the effects of other AI around.. It would be even better if an invader could enlist the help of the AI - or at least the AI react - god how I hate it when an invader hides behind hollows and they just stand there...

Last edited by Halicarnassis on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Better strength weapons that dont weigh more the whole armor sets..
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:What I would like to see is more realism:
    1. Bring back the weight allowance! How in the heck are you able to run around with so many items - loads of armour, weapons, 999 arrows.. seriously/??
    2. I want areas unlocked after completing the game and getting final boss soul. Then 2 boss souls get you into the next area....
    4. A weapons training school. If you want better move sets you need to be a certain level and then train at them - spend lots of souls to unlock chain movesets etc...
    5. Clothing customizable options - hats, hair, make-up/tattoos, capes and cloacks, boots, engraving on helmets and armour.
    6. Backstabs significantly reduced but improved during sneak mode/cat ring equipped.
    9. Moveable traps and oil barrels - when you get invaded you can set up a barrier/trap/perimeter for the invader...

2. Improved AI - being able to pick off enemies one by one is just not realistic
    3. When you are invaded only the sound of an invader entering your world alerts you to the fact it has happened.. and the effects of other AI around.. It would be even better if an invader could enlist the help of the AI - or at least the AI react - god how I hate it when an invader hides behind hollows and they just stand there...
    I just don't see how 4 and 5 could fit into a dark souls game. It doesnt make sense to have a training school or as you say unlockable combos- I think it would ruin that unique dark souls feel.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm

I want a perma death mode, imagine how awesome would be the pvp?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:18 pm

carlucio wrote:I want a perma death mode, imagine how awesome would be the pvp?

For PvP it would suck. For PvE, well, the point of Dark Souls is feeling the ultimate punishment (dying over and over again) so many times, that once you overcome that challenge, you feel powerful, and capable, and eager to keep playing to find the next one to prove yourself you're good enough.

A perma-death mode would kill that, BUT it would give a stronger feeling of FEAR, because you know once you die, it's over. I for one, would like to have that implemented. But OBVIOUSLY OPTIONAL. I would play it once I beat the game twice or so.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Oh god please no.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm up for the reintroduction of weight limit, AND you should have an npc you have to go to to deposit.

Pick your loot wisely biatch.
    Macromute
    Macromute

Post by Macromute Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Co-op with friends please so I can join friends all the time. Heh... I remember buying the game for PC thinking they had changed the matchmaking for even Co-op but it was just PvP. I'd like back stabs to actually take skill to do, so players don't just sniff for your rear end an entire dual. Should take as much work as doing a parry.

I would really like it if there was a lot more armor and weapon types. Claws, whips, and random weapons most of the time didn't really have viable move sets. I'd like the game to have lore and story that can be more easily found or followed, I just don't want the game to be any easier.

Stats didn't really impact the way you play much in Dark Souls, can keep the level cap but it would be nice if stats really impacted your playstyle and really showed. Taking stats in Dark Souls always felt far too subtle and left casters in the dust for a quarter of the game. Most of the time you had to be balanced with your stats, sure the game is skill driven, but it's also nice to earn your way for abilities that make your survivability unique or sub classed between other players. Thieves don't really feel like thieves in PvE but they do in PvP (Only because of quicker movement means easier backstabs), which is dumb! I'd like to play as a total assassin when playing as a thief, sneaking and hiding from mobs.

I would like to be able to customize my gear color at least with armor. It would be really cool if you could craft gear for yourself, that could be infinitely colorable instead if need be. I wouldn't mind collecting dyes through the game, but if it's limited resources I wouldn't really enjoy it as much.

Last edited by Macromute on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Low-level griefing is possible, it seems to me, precisely because upgraded weapons/armor (and, quite simply, having better weapons/armor) makes much more of a difference than simply having a higher soul level. Nevertheless, it is soul level alone that determines who can invade whom. One way to minimize low-level griefing in DkS2 might be for the invasion algorithm to combine soul level with some kind of weapon/armor stat. (For example, a boss weapon, or major buff, might be worth 5 soul levels for each one that you have in your inventory at the time you invade. Maybe an ascended weapon costs you 3 soul levels and a twice-ascended weapon costs you 4 or 5. You could avoid the level penalty by moving the item to one's bottomless box.)

That way, if you want to invade really low-level players who are just starting out, you at least have to beat them based on skill, rather than just having advanced weapons.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Weight allowance. No.

I play Dragon's Dogma a lot, and I remember reading that they were inspired by Monster Hunter when it comes to the climbing enemies thing. Not sure how I'd feel about that as an addition to DkS2, but there are a lot of positives about it in Dragons' Dogma, and a couple negatives, too.

The more I think about having host + phantoms scattered over the giant body of a boss that requires some kind of teamwork/timing strategy to take down the more I like the idea. If they have to make a Bed of Chaos/Dragon God type boss this might be a good way to do it, though I'd hope it'd be optional.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:50 pm

And they should sort Weapons again like they did at Stockpile Thomas .
    So that Weapons are sorted in Straight Swords, Katanas, Greatswords, Axes etc .
    Its a Pain in the as$ to get everything in the Bottomless Box because you have to scroll through every friggen Weapon you have . Its annoying
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:51 pm

It's still sorted in the weapon type 🤡

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Oh I always forget to say this, it's obvious... but oh well:

MAKE INFINITE SAVE SLOTS! Or at least 20

Just make it so every save has a file of it's own that's saved on the PS3. Everytime you create another slot it creates another file. You can create as many as you want as long you have enough space.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Djem wrote:

Oh god please no.

Oh god yes!

I want to feel like IM HAVING TO SURVIVE in Lordran, that Im having to be discerning about what I pick up and carry....

I find a spear in X area and man it looks good.....but that ring I found in Y area is oh so much better and have to sacrifice an item to pick it up because im only 0.1 out of my carrying capacity.

Scavenging and using!

I mean Dark Souls never displays a back pack or anying thing like that so why can your character seemingly carry and infinite number of weapons!

PUNISH ME MORE DARK SOULS II TAKE AWAY MY INFINITE INVENTORY!
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Actually, further on the subject of griefing, I just had a (hopefully cool) thought on the Darkmoon covenant.

Now, please note, I'm really not wanting to get into a pointless argument about certain covenants being better or worse. Before you down-vote me, please note that -- even though I personally would not want to play as one -- I think the Darkmoons do add a lot of depth and richness to the game and there are obviously a lot of great members of the Dark Souls community who prefer to play as Darkmoons.

That said, I do believe that covenant tends to attract a lot of griefers, based on the combination of invading lower-level players combined with having probably the most overpowered buff in the game. One way to limit griefers -- and to make the play experience better for Darkmoons too, I believe -- would be for Darkmoons to have to fight duels against one another to level up in the covenant, or perhaps even to stay in the covenant at all. That would lessen the number of players who just want to rely on using DMB and invading downward in order to defeat lower level players, rather than relying on skill.

Actually, having inter-covenant duels in order to level up in the covenant would probably work for all, or almost all, of the covenants. Maybe there would be covenant-specific rules for the duels that would occur between covenant members: backstabs are disabled, for example; or you need to wear a ring during the duel, depriving you of a ring slot. When you want to become a level 3 Darkmoon/Forest Hunter/Etc. you go talk to Gwyndolin/Alvina/Etc. and then both you and a member one level above you in the covenant are both summoned into an arena together. If you win, you get their rank, and they are demoted to yours. (Perhaps you can only try to rank up once a day or something.) That way, not only would you have to defeat other members of your covenant to level up, but you'd have to keep on defeating them in order to retain your level. Wouldn't that be cool?
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Damn that's a good idea! 1v1 to level up to higher echelons in your covenant! I like it!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:01 pm

ENB did discuss a potential in game covenant based around duels between covenant members as both a means to fight in an arena style mode but also as a way to make the dueling aspect a part of the game and not just keep it as meta.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:It's still sorted in the weapon type 🤡

I know youre just messing with me silly
    but still to explain my Point i want it to be sorted like this
    Its much more cleaner and faster this way .
    Spoiler:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Marino. wrote:And they should sort Weapons again like they did at Stockpile Thomas .
    So that Weapons are sorted in Straight Swords, Katanas, Greatswords, Axes etc .
    Its a Pain in the as$ to get everything in the Bottomless Box because you have to scroll through every friggen Weapon you have . Its annoying

This! I hate having to see millions of /shortswords/longswords/spears/scimitars/Bk Weapons everytime I wanna look for a specific weapon!

And yes weapons are already sorted by class, but it's still one long list that takes at least 10 mins to go through and only gets longer with each new game+

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Bro please no weight allowance im begging you. PLease PLEAS!!!! I wont feel as fun to explore if im worried about what I pick up all the time.
    Solid Knight
    Solid Knight

Post by Solid Knight Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:46 pm

I want a maze full of traps. This game needs a labyrinth.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Solid Knight wrote:I want a maze full of traps. This game needs a labyrinth.

And make it really dark with invisible paths... muahahahahaha!

Seriously though, I think that would be a great Idea, but it woul'd have to be some kinfd of shifting labyrinth or have unique treasures at the dead-ends because if there's no reward for going through it I'm guessing most people will just look up the directions or something

that reminds me though, I believe there's a statue of a minotaur in the trailer, perhaps this game will have more mythical creatures besides just dragons?
    Solid Knight
    Solid Knight

Post by Solid Knight Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Solid Knight wrote:I want a maze full of traps. This game needs a labyrinth.

And make it really dark with invisible paths... muahahahahaha!

Seriously though, I think that would be a great Idea, but it woul'd have to be some kinfd of shifting labyrinth or have unique treasures at the dead-ends because if there's no reward for going through it I'm guessing most people will just look up the directions or something

that reminds me though, I believe there's a statue of a minotaur in the trailer, perhaps this game will have more mythical creatures besides just dragons?

I'd have multiple solutions and fill it to the bring with treasures, monsters, traps, and maybe a shop (perhaps a somebody who got lost in the maze and got discouraged from continuing on). This would be a great place to use prism stones to mark your way.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:39 pm

k was on page 11 of this feed and i didn't like what i saw -_- there will be no enemy climbing in dark souls 2 . they would have to remake the games mechanics and everything and that would not be dark souls weight limit idk i think they will stick to the bottomless box deal just because its easier and it wont make whiny ***** show their a$$
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 pm

easy way to stop low level invasions is make it so that you can't invade until you reach a certain point

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm