Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 42 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by aprilmanha Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Ashran wrote:Not being able to estus when invaded.

Naa that would mean that the second you get invaded it would be lethal to go anywhere if you cannot heal. I would just resort to reloading the game if I got invaded and could not heal.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:58 pm

That would give the invader way too much of an advantage if it's 1v1, given that the invader has more specialized pvp gear and is immune to pve. However, a viable alternative could be to make estus not heal phantoms when invaded.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 pm

gmwdim wrote:

That would give the invader way too much of an advantage if it's 1v1, given that the invader has more specialized pvp gear and is immune to pve. However, a viable alternative could be to make estus not heal phantoms when invaded.

That's a great idea. Would be easier to kill 3 player gank squads when invading. Nothing funnier than embarrassing gankers I say.

Also about archery: I don't think it has to be 100% realistic in Dark Souls, because there's a lot of weapons which aren't realistic either. Dragon weapons etc with special effects.
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:41 am

If the player can shoot homing arrows they should home in as much as the enemy arrows do now. In other words they obviously curve to hit you in midair, but you can still dodge them without too much trouble.

ED: I'd also like an area effect sorcery. For example instead of a line if you use White Dragon Breath it should expand around you in a small circle like one of Seath's attacks.
    Dilaudid281
    Dilaudid281

Post by Dilaudid281 Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 pm

I really enjoy the experience already offered...but there ARE things that I do want for the next installment:

1) Better Enchanting
    - I'd really like the ability to further the way enchantments work. Not only include the ability to enchant armor in order to better defend against elements, but also expand on the weapon aspect too. I'd really like to be able to create a special R2/RT attack. A charged attack, that can do what the rare weapons and boss weapons can do. They would have to be different in order to make rare and boss weapons still relevant, but having a katana that could throw blade waves (like the Golem Axe) would be sooo cool. Even be able to have it a buff, that improves stats, attack, or elemental damage for a certain time. Also, I don't want it to be static and linked to the weapon. Give me some options on what I could make it. Maybe the ability to stack enchantments? Like...+5 Normal, to +10 Lightning, to +15 Fire and round it out to Base Damage +5, Lightning Damage +5, and Fire Damage +5. And increase the level amount. Maybe to 30 would be nice...15 just seems to be an odd number to cap at.

2) Improved Online
    - The way the Co-Op and PvP works now is fine...but it really shouldn't ALWAYS require a summon. Sure, the summoning really helps for people who want to pair up randomly...but having the ability to invite a friend right from the menu is something I really wish could be done. Maybe have it item based. Where you get an amulet of some kind and can drop for someone else to have, then that person can use it to summon you at anytime or place. Areas need to be less restriced with Co-Op. If you're running through an area and suddenly decide that you want to attempt another, you should be able to run through the game with summoned players to get there, rather than having to banish them, and re-summon once you all get to the next area. Also...PARTY CHAT. Only being able to chat with 1 person, in a game where you can summon 2, is kind of upsetting.

3) Improved Covenants
    - To me...Covenants are really lacking. Sure, you get abilities from joining them, but there desperatly needs to be more of a connection with your Covenant "brothers and sisters". More than just having a stronger ability to Co-Op. Make it something special...that really effects gameplay, and REALLY makes the different covens mean something. It has to be more than a cool name and a number...it needs to be something you really feel you belong to and actually makes you want to follow it. Betraying is just an option in Dark Souls...it needs to be something that you feel extremely conflicted about. Basically, it just needs to matter more. I want to notice the fact that I belong to a certain religion and that betraying it comes at a huge price...and not just in souls. Gain better benefits and maybe include special areas of the game dedicated to the covenants that only members can enter. Also...add more of them. I know that there are already like 9...but some need to be removed, others need to be tweeked, and others need to be added. For one, every covenant needs to have a represented deity. Not just some statue or some random NPC that already belongs, but have more deities running the workings of their followers.

4) Make it a Little Random
    - After playing through the game twice...you know where EVERYTHING will be. Bosses, enemies, items, shortcuts. Make it random up a little bit. Not as much as you would think...but just enough to make the game feel different when you played it again.

5) Expand on the Arena
    - This...is more of a dream wish, than an actual wish feature. A Covenant War. Constantly going, all the Covenants basically duke it out. You could make this a core element too. Where depending on which Covenant is winning, all the worlds for player games will change accordingly. People belonging to the winning covenant will gain even bigger buffs and abilities. People in the losing covenants wouldn't lose any stats or anything...but would have to do things the way the winning deity would want it done.

That's all I can think of at the moment...
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

You know, it WOULD be cool if there was a Weapon Buff that increased the Scaling on your weapon by a point. For 100 seconds, C -> B, B -> A, A -> S, that kinda thing.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:46 am

1) Jump - It should have increased initial speed; you are faster during the first frames. In addition, landing a jump on certain
    enemies would cause you to tackle them to the ground or stagger, in the case of high poise. It will also follow the "Club Rule" in that it will have extended recovery frames if you miss. Note, that blocking this will result in a "reverse stagger"; for balancing purposes.

2) Greatbows - Are slow and leave you too open. In addition, the damage is quite...horrible considering you're shooting spears at your enemies. They require a base damage increase and the ability to block by pressing one of the back shoulder buttons.

3) Greatshields - Their bash attack should be considerably more powerful. If anything, it should be a stronger version of the kick in the sense that it will stagger and inflict heavy stamina damage.

4) Whips - Whips have a unique ability of stunning enemies -with their horizontal attacks- that are performing a movement action, like rolling or dashing.

4) Dragon Covenant - Since this time they will be more focused on dragons, it would be logical to think they want to have some more fun with dragon transformation. I suggest the dragon transformation scales with your covenant rank and includes the following:

a) Dragon Tail - The Dragon Tail is a quick swipe attack that hits 160 degrees from behind the player. Damage is not too great, but it inflicts high poise damage and has the possibility of knockback.

b) Dragon Wings - The Dragon Wings allow gives the player a passive ability to glide a distance when they perform a jump (that is to say, they are hovering momentarily). This passive ability, for practical uses, increases the range and speed of the jump both in terms of traveling (for harder jumps, or for some exclusive jumps) and the range of the tackle (For chasing).

c) Dragon Backstep - Dragons can backstep by jumping back and using their wings to push back, creating a force of wind and increasing the distance. This is another passive that extends the distance of the backstep and creates a Force-like effect on enemies in front of you.

d) Dragon Dodge - When dragons dodge, their tails flick wildly. This is a passive dodge ability that adds damage to your rolls. Note, the tail carries more force when the user is heavier. Poise Damage is increased with weight.

Mimics - They randomize themselves at certain points in the game. In addition, this time the mimics come in different varieties:

a) Typical Mimic - Dark Souls Mimic.

b) Judo Mimic - Like the Dark Souls mimic, but it knows Judo and does a lot of throws. It is characterized by a Judo Stance.

c) Weapons Mimic - Wears armor; increasing its defense. This mimic has 2 new tricks up its sleeves: First, it's "Open chest; EAT" animation will now be him revealing himself, your character getting spooked as he does it, and him retrieving a hammer from his mouth. He will show it to you and make a "Yeah, yeah?" sound asking if you want it, your character is puzzled by what is happening as he/she changes glances from the mimic to the hammer and back. Eventually, the mimic will smite you with the hammer, knocking you down; proceeds to keep smiting you while you're down until it puts the hammer back in its mouth and closes (This only has 1 chance of throw escape; if you fail it, you'll take full damage, otherwise you avoid all damage. Dodging it means that the first hammer swing misses, the mimic gets mad and closes).

Secondly, it will usually retrieve weapons from it's bowels when actively engaging you. It can select any of:

1) Spear - It will perform long reaching melee attacks.
    2) Greataxe - It will perform devastating close range attacks.
    3) Greatbow - It will perform far reaching, devastating ranged attacks; its behavior changes to be more evasive of you at close range. It will also start to dodge by flipping in midair.
    4) Mimic Sword - With dazzling light, it reveals its greatest weapon: The Mimic Sword! (Rare drop for player!). It will use a Straight Sword moveset, but it has a special where it lays a Sigil that explodes if you walk over it.

d) Long Tongue Mimic - It is characterized by not having limbs and instead using it's super-powerful tongue for wide attacks. It has a long-range grab attack for players that try to flee, it will drag you back in front of it, but the damage can be avoided. It can still move by hoping.

e) Bipolar Mimic - If you attempt to open it, it will awaken, pat you in the head and push you away gently, before closing. If you attack it, it will be enraged, and will quickly do a 360 attack as it gets up. It is a far more aggressive version of the typical mimic. Note: When it is open: It has blue limbs; when enraged, red.

f) Magic Mimic - When you attempt to open it: You will see a sigil at the top pointing at you. It will shoot a magic spell at you, blowing you away. This throw is easy to escape, but you must be fast. If you attack it, it will create a magic ward around itself as it rises, putting a magician's hat on as he bows and introduces himself, then retrieves a wand. This mimic uses a variety of magic tricks, including illusions, recovery and debuffs.

Now, you may be asking: "Why so silly mimics?". You come up and tell me that Mimics aren't the comedy relief that everyone can joke about? They are suppose to be a mixture of hilarity and horror. Hilarity because they are funny; horror, because they are dangerous
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 am

Okay, there are only two things I REALLY want for Dark Souls II:

1. Not to be lagstabbed from a million miles away, especially when I'm FACING the other guy.
    2. Not to get "Summoning failed" 99% of the time I try to summon someone.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:44 am

gmwdim wrote:Okay, there are only two things I REALLY want for Dark Souls II:

1. Not to be lagstabbed from a million miles away, especially when I'm FACING the other guy.
    2. Not to get "Summoning failed" 99% of the time I try to summon someone.

Would be cool. 8)
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:42 am

I want the ability to look around more freely, mainly the angle when looking up or down, to better take in the scenery. It puzzles me that they put so much resources into creating the world, but won't allow you to look at it all in detail. It annoys me that you for example have to stand on the other side of the blighttown swamp to see the top of the scaffolding.
    They could still limit the angle of bows and other ranged attacks, if that is the reason why you can't look straight up.
    Dalerik

Post by Dalerik Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:04 am

i just spent quite a bit of time reading these love most of the ideas, mainly the -non combat- suggestions, i would like to add the thought "A SHOP BESIDES FRAMPT!!!" as well as a "bonus" for being in a covenant for example if you were in way of the white you would have increased miracle strength that would get better the further you progressed in the covenant, also add a sort of silence item a rock maybe, that prevents scorceries miracles and pyromancies for a short time like the talisman of loyd, im hoping they make the world a little bigger like adding more ares you dont need to go to so you can have out of the way bosses for souls and fun, or if not a new shop then a person that breaks down our upgraded gear and gives us back some of the titanite we spent

-forest hunters for life Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 42 2667844452 -
    Sanhedrim

Post by Sanhedrim Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:13 pm

A tiny little detail that came to me while watching an NG+7 playthrough: make non-consumable items (rings, armor pieces etc.) stack.
    Mikutow
    Mikutow

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 42 Empty Response to invasion of players during boss fights.

Post by Mikutow Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 pm

That is an interesting idea. Of course, also pretty evil! I think a way to make this as fair as possible would be to allow this, however the invading player would be no different in the Boss's eyes than the host player.

The invading player could take damage from the boss and would be targeted as well. Also, the invading player could damage the boss with attacks too.

I think that could make for some pretty interesting fights. Very chaotic and fun.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Dalerik wrote:also add a sort of silence item a rock maybe, that prevents scorceries miracles and pyromancies for a short time like the talisman of loyd

Hell NO what were you thinking? That would be extremely abused! The game wouldn't have any more ANY casting in PvP because people would constantly be throwing those.

Besides there already is silence, it's called Vow of Silence. That's a lot better way because you have to invest levels in Faith so not everyone can use it.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Making items stack will become far too broken and force other players to constantly use a collection of consumables to play at an even level. There's a good reason that even tabletop roleplaying games usually make things not stack-it gets broken.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Whats Item Stacking ?

Like having the same Weapon more than once makes it stronger or something ?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:48 pm

No. That means being able to use grass, transient curse, power within and all gear effects-and, depending on the game, I may be able to use several of that item at once and the numbers add.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Lol that sounds like a terrible idea. So you'll either have to stand there and let the other guy apply a million different buffs, with which he'll kill you easily, or get accused of being cheap for killing him while buffing. No thanks.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:39 am

That is not what Sanhedrim meant though. By stacking items he meant if you had, let's say 3 Havel's Rings, they would all be on the same slot in your inventory, not in separate ones. This way if you want to quick switch rings during PvP, you don't have to go through 3 separate Havel's Rings.

But I think his idea is kind of pointless, you can just place the extra pieces in Bottomless Box anyway.
    Bigbrodeur
    Bigbrodeur

Post by Bigbrodeur Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:50 pm

I would like the option to turn off orange sign from showing up in my world. Its nice on the first playthrough but then it become useless and very ugly. It ruins the superd graphic and level design. And its so annoying having to move around to do a gesture because your standing on a dam orange sign. I would also like better spell and coop spell. A cleric should be able to assist his teamate and buff them. The only coop miracle are not good ( shooting amd beautiful sunlight ).Your teamate have to be close to you, but its very hard to cast it before they move away. It should have done like the estusk flask and Heal the whole party. Sorcery should be more coop to. It would be nice to be able to light the way for your comrade so they could focus on figthing or empower their weapon or even make them invisible. More spell variety would be nice. most sorcery are just a projectile. have a firewall, summon a tidal waves of water, meteor shower, guts of wind or anything else than a projectile. I would also like to place some trap for invaders.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Frank_White wrote:That is not what Sanhedrim meant though. By stacking items he meant if you had, let's say 3 Havel's Rings, they would all be on the same slot in your inventory, not in separate ones. This way if you want to quick switch rings during PvP, you don't have to go through 3 separate Havel's Rings.

But I think his idea is kind of pointless, you can just place the extra pieces in Bottomless Box anyway.

Ah, yes now I see what you mean. I misunderstood. Yeah that might be nice to have but like you said, I just put my extra pieces in my BB so it's not a big deal.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:52 pm

What do you guys think about a pvp covenant where the invader can use estus, but will also be attacked by, and take damage from, enemies in the host's world? Then players can choose which type of invader they'd rather be, and hosts could devise different strategies for dealing with different types of invaders.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 am

Bigbrodeur wrote:A cleric should be able to assist his teamate and buff them. The only coop miracle are not good ( shooting amd beautiful sunlight ).Your teamate have to be close to you, but its very hard to cast it before they move away. It should have done like the estusk flask and Heal the whole party.

Do you realize what that would mean? Every ganker, not just most, but EVERY SINGLE ONE of them would be a faith build. When you invade a 3 person gank squad, all of them will be a Faith build with team-healing miracles. And since you wouldn't have to be close, they would just spread out and if you nearly killed one of them, another one would heal him from far away.
    It would be hell.
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 am

I just want the Hands of God from DeS. bounce
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:18 am

Frank_White wrote:
    Bigbrodeur wrote:A cleric should be able to assist his teamate and buff them. The only coop miracle are not good ( shooting amd beautiful sunlight ).Your teamate have to be close to you, but its very hard to cast it before they move away. It should have done like the estusk flask and Heal the whole party.

Do you realize what that would mean? Every ganker, not just most, but EVERY SINGLE ONE of them would be a faith build. When you invade a 3 person gank squad, all of them will be a Faith build with team-healing miracles. And since you wouldn't have to be close, they would just spread out and if you nearly killed one of them, another one would heal him from far away.
    It would be hell.

So what ?
    We already have the Host with his flask and just because some Players would use the spell how it's supposed to use doesnt mean that it shouldn't be included .
    Plus it probably has limited castings so wheres the Problem ?
    Also gankers can already heal themselves easylie anyway .

It would make a nice addition

WaLKA wrote:I just want the Hands of God from DeS. bounce
    Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 42 Mah-nigga

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:11 am