Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Slarg232 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:20 am

Lloyd's Censor
    Deals 227 Physical Damage and 100 Magic Damage (C Scaling STR, D in Dex, A in Faith) with 120 Divine. Upon hitting an opponent with it, they are debuffed for 10 damage per 2 seconds over 10 seconds and unable to heal via Estus during that time.

T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Make resistance usefull this time around...

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 pm

T-King-667 wrote:Make resistance usefull this time around...

Daaaaaaaaang I didnt want to hear that lol.

I thought you were on to something last time I checked... sad

Oh well, I'm not surprised Shrug

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:45 pm

I want something like the Epherman Eye Stones back .

For turning into Human whenever i want, always resting at the Bonfire with those eye soring effects and flimsing through those dumb menus is really not fun .
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Animaaal wrote:

Oh well, I'm not surprised
    Im not done testing, im just too lazy to do further testing lmao.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:01 am

T-King-667 wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

Oh well, I'm not surprised
    Im not done testing, im just too lazy to do further testing lmao.

Resistance stat now usefull in pvp?

Since, its your thread, I dont think you'll mind me posting another one of your threads lol.

If you said, "Resistance gives a 15% hidden damage reduction at soul levels 0-130"...I would totally take it for granted.
    I wouldn't feel the need to test it myself at all.

Hell sometimes I play your videos in the background while I do other stuff online. The commentary is so good and insightful sometimes I just listen.

Thank you for all your videos.
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:03 am

Assuming they give us new characters into DkSII (Naturally they will), I want them to bring back a mega patch of everything from DkS one into DkSII.
    For instance; bring in Solaires, Leeroy, Lautrecs, and Jeremiah's armor. Would be totally awesome to have these characters AND their equivalents co-oping in DkS2.
    For instance, Yurt and Lautrec running around together in DkS. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about.

Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 pm

I really wish equip load will be more realistic this time around. As in, each percent counts.
    If you have 26% of your max equip load equipped, you will dodge slightly slower than 25%, and so on for perhaps each percent? This would allow the creation of a much larger number of different builds.

This would also bring more variety to PvP, if there could be 50 different speeds spanning between 1-50% (after 50% could still be fat roll).

Also this would give more reason to wear all the different armors in the game on different characters. For example, now there is really no reason to wear the armor set of Favor (except for its' looks), when with a couple more stamina points you can wear a slightly heavier and better one and you would still roll the same speed.
    However with a more realistic equip load system, you could spare those few stamina points, wear the armor of Favor and roll a bit faster than the other guy who wears the slightly heavier one.

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Frank_White wrote:I really wish equip load will be more realistic this time around. As in, each percent counts.
    If you have 26% of your max equip load equipped, you will dodge slightly slower than 25%, and so on for perhaps each percent? This would allow the creation of a much larger number of different builds.

This would also bring more variety to PvP, if there could be 50 different speeds spanning between 1-50% (after 50% could still be fat roll).

Also this would give more reason to wear all the different armors in the game on different characters. For example, now there is really no reason to wear the armor set of Favor (except for its' looks), when with a couple more stamina points you can wear a slightly heavier and better one and you would still roll the same speed.
    However with a more realistic equip load system, you could spare those few stamina points, wear the armor of Favor and roll a bit faster than the other guy who wears the slightly heavier one.

Yup I agree with this one, Skyrim had the right Idea with the equipment loads, tiny incremental to add more customization and stop the more silly sets you see, with people wearing Havels top and no trousers to keep under the fast roll threshold.

It would add more insentive to light armours then just doing a "hard mode" run

Fossil
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Fossil on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Frank_White wrote:I really wish equip load will be more realistic this time around. As in, each percent counts.

I've had the same idea and wondered why FROM didn't just do it this way in DkS. I assume the obvious answer is: it's harder to program. But I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible.

The whole idea of rolling breakpoints is just kind of silly to me. To think that wearing a bunch of plate armor and carrying a big sword will make me roll slower, but if I take of my helmet and put on DWGR I can suddenly flip around without a care in the world.

It doesn't even have to be 1:1 scaling (though that would be best), the breakpoints could be every 10%. Like your example with Armor of Favor, there's no reason to wear armor that will put me at 35% equip burden when I could go up to 49%, have better defense, and move exactly the same speed.

Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 pm

There already are minor breakpoints-3 or 4 within each major one. These determine exact varying speeds within light, mid and fat rolling. They're just much more subtle and not very important because the tiny difference in movement speed rarely alters pvp effectiveness that much and what type of rolling the character is using does.

Malevolence or Heaven am I?
    I am the absolute devoted,
    The wraith.

PSN: Enaid_Waleis (main), Try-chu
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Acarnatia wrote:There already are minor breakpoints-3 or 4 within each major one. These determine exact varying speeds within light, mid and fat rolling. They're just much more subtle and not very important because the tiny difference in movement speed rarely alters pvp effectiveness that much and what type of rolling the character is using does.

Yup

I wouldn't Mind franks idea though.

Maybe the same could be used for Weapons. I think it's strange that my character goes from chump to superman, with just a few skill points and nothing in between.

SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:20 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Maybe the same could be used for Weapons. I think it's strange that my character goes from chump to superman, with just a few skill points and nothing in between.
    Hmm, it's kind of like that now that. If you just have base stats to use a weapon it usually isn't as effective as a weapon with full points into whatever it scales. A +15 Uchi is much less effective at 14/14 than 14/45 for example. Or did you mean something besides damage?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Acarnatia wrote:There already are minor breakpoints-3 or 4 within each major one. These determine exact varying speeds within light, mid and fat rolling. They're just much more subtle and not very important because the tiny difference in movement speed rarely alters pvp effectiveness that much and what type of rolling the character is using does.

Yup

I wouldn't Mind franks idea though.

Maybe the same could be used for Weapons. I think it's strange that my character goes from chump to superman, with just a few skill points and nothing in between.

I was going to post the same link silly... but I'm with you and Frank, I like the idea a lot. That would allow for a ton of variety and creativity with builds and setups.

Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:09 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:...That would allow for a ton of variety and creativity with builds and setups....

It sounds good on paper, but it wouldn't really do much in comparison to the current system. There are really only 2 major roll speeds that can be useful in Dark Souls considering its mechanics.

You need 2 roll speeds.

1) The one fast enough to roll stab.
    2) The one at least quick enough to dodge magic with i-frame efficiency.

Everything else in between would be unecessary. For instance from mid-roll to fast-roll. Fast roll is the break point in which roll stabs become viable. Everything from there to mid-roll becomes alomst redundant.

If roll stabs were viable at say a 35% roll speed efficiency considering the 25% existing efficiency, then I'd say it sounds like it could work.

Maybe if the current standard of 25% was more roll speed than you needed, then lowering your optimization to 30-40% would become viable.

Maybe the whole mechanic actually will change in Dark Souls 2 becoming more elaborate than the current system. However, the roll speeds are almost identical in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, when comparing them as they are applied in pvp. The means to achieve "fast" roll and "mid" roll are all that are different.

Givin their track record, I doubt if they'll vary from their current model.

I would hope so, but I think it would be difficult to justify rolling faster than necessary to roll stab, and I'm not sure if FROM would consider such a major overhaul. They'll prolly stick with what has worked.
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 am

How about (small) bonuses for wearing a complete armor set? To penalize all the people who wear a big heavy torso piece and no pants. Something about that is just...wrong.

Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 am

SpecialNewb wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Maybe the same could be used for Weapons. I think it's strange that my character goes from chump to superman, with just a few skill points and nothing in between.
    Hmm, it's kind of like that now that. If you just have base stats to use a weapon it usually isn't as effective as a weapon with full points into whatever it scales. A +15 Uchi is much less effective at 14/14 than 14/45 for example. Or did you mean something besides damage?

I'm talking about the strength requirements.

Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 am

I also want a new Patches encounter like this:

You are able to summon Patches as a white phantom for many bosses, but he will never tell you his real name, but give a fake one instead. If you summon him for all of the previous encounters, you can in the end summon him for the final boss.
    But right after the fog door he will backstab you and you fall down to the arena. Then Patches will reveal his true name is Patches the Hyena, and he will do his annoying laugh. Then he walks away.
    You will now have lost health because of the backstab and the final boss will still have twice the health because you summoned a phantom.
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 am

Or he could just kick you down in a cutscene like always.

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Pretty sure Patches makes a return .
    He's a fan favorite in Japan and he did return in Dark Souls after all happy
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 pm

I love Patches too. Especially the part where I kill him after buying all his goodies.

Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 am

I hope archery is improved. I wish if you have high enough dexterity you could shoot a lot faster, and maybe shoot 3 arrows at the same time with a certain bow (like Avelyn can) but they would of course spread out a bit in the air.
    Also I hope you could bind magic somehow into your bow, making it possible to shoot homing arrows. Not forever homing, they could still be dodged if you dodge at the last moment. Would be cool if you could shoot 3 arrows at the same time and they all homed in on your opponent.
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 am

The bows in Dark are pretty realistic except perhaps damage. It was considered the mark of a master archer to be able to perform twelve good shots a minute-that's only one about every ten seconds. That being said, I agree in hoping for bows to be improved.

Malevolence or Heaven am I?
    I am the absolute devoted,
    The wraith.

PSN: Enaid_Waleis (main), Try-chu
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 am

Acarnatia wrote:The bows in Dark are pretty realistic except perhaps damage. It was considered the mark of a master archer to be able to perform twelve good shots a minute-that's only one about every ten seconds. That being said, I agree in hoping for bows to be improved.

That would be one good shot every five seconds.

Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Not being able to estus when invaded.

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:36 pm