Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 31 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:28 am

I was just asking because From didn't want any footage of DS2 leaked and it's against the rules you had to agree to to make Videos of it, so i was worried you might get sued for linking to it or something .

But too late now lol

https://twitter.com/Oniramkenobi/status/384667117993218051

Last edited by Marino. on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 31 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:28 am

Forgive my unfamiliarity...but where or how does one comment on your "Compilation" in FextraLife. blushing 

I can't find the link that allows that. *facepalm*
    ExServ
    ExServ

Post by ExServ Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 am

Marino. wrote:I was just asking because From didn't want any footage of DS2 leaked and it's against the rules you had to agree to to make Videos of it, so i was worried you might get sued for linking to it or something .

But too late now lol
    about that. there's no NDA linked to the beta of the game. i've asked a few weeks ago to namco and they confirmed we'd be allowed to do anything we want with the beta version (film it / stream it / whatever)
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 am

ExServ wrote:
    Marino. wrote:I was just asking because From didn't want any footage of DS2 leaked and it's against the rules you had to agree to to make Videos of it, so i was worried you might get sued for linking to it or something .

But too late now lol
    about that. there's no NDA linked to the beta of the game. i've asked a few weeks ago to namco and they confirmed we'd be allowed to do anything we want with the beta version (film it / stream it / whatever)
    Oh, that's cool .
    How did you ask them ?
    Got a screenshot of the E-mail or something so we can tell everyone the news with some proof ?
    ExServ
    ExServ

Post by ExServ Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 am

Marino. wrote:
    ExServ wrote:

But too late now lol
    Oh, that's cool .
    How did you ask them ?
    Got a screenshot of the E-mail or something so we can tell everyone the news with some proof ?
    In france i'm a guy making video about dark souls, namco called me a few months back to come at their office to try the game, since then i talk to them from time to time ^^"

so sure i have an email, it's in french.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:36 am

Ahho look at the bottom of the article, there's a big "comment" title... xD
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:44 am

FexDS wrote:Ahho look at the bottom of the article, there's a big "comment" title... xD
    Bwahahaha!!

I need another cup of Coffee or 4, a new brain...and to remember to scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN!

I humbly thank you! big grin
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:02 am

All this info...I like it, but I feel so wrong every time I look at something. Prostration
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:07 am

The Letter X wrote:All this info...I like it, but I feel so wrong every time I look at something. Prostration
    You and me both Prostration  I'm weak...
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:53 pm

I always say I'll go in blind, but get tempted by the "shiny" videos.  It's all out of context anyway, so I'll probably forget most of it.  That sorcerer wields some badass looking spell or something.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Juutas wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:All this info...I like it, but I feel so wrong every time I look at something. Prostration
    You and me both Prostration  I'm weak...
    haha we should start a support group bc i need help.. I do not possess the willpower to not watch these vids... 

With that being said, THIS GaME IS LOOKING AWESOME! Also sounding awesome, i am digging the sound fx it has that souls vide no doubt
    diddle
    diddle

Post by diddle Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:38 pm

ExServ wrote:about that. there's no NDA linked to the beta of the game. i've asked a few weeks ago to namco and they confirmed we'd be allowed to do anything we want with the beta version (film it / stream it / whatever)
    can you explain this then?

"Q10. Is it okay to publicize what I experience during the network test?
    The Network Test Play Agreement forbids participants from publicly releasing images, video or other content from the network test via the Internet or any other media."

It's from the faq's at dark souls 2 uk beta page.
    ExServ
    ExServ

Post by ExServ Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:46 pm

diddle wrote:
    ExServ wrote:about that. there's no NDA linked to the beta of the game. i've asked a few weeks ago to namco and they confirmed we'd be allowed to do anything we want with the beta version (film it / stream it / whatever)
    can you explain this then?

"Q10. Is it okay to publicize what I experience during the network test?
    The Network Test Play Agreement forbids participants from publicly releasing images, video or other content from the network test via the Internet or any other media."

It's from the faq's at dark souls 2 uk beta page.
    i can't happy i'm just quoting what i had in an email from the french PR.

like i said, i'm not working for namco, i'm just a somewhat popular video maker and namco is happy to help me in order to help themselves.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Do not worry about copyright. We didn't create, upload or host the videos, we are simply embedding them. So if From has a problem they must take it up with YouTube and Youku, and in the end it would be counter productive to their preorder performance.

I believe rules like the one listed are there only to give places like IGN an upper hand on getting views for the clicks, as publishers value the push from gaming sites. That said, we are the Dark Souls community, and to me that makes us the only ones who matter. So bring those links! silly
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:40 am

He is (the first footage) showing the WHOLE Mirror Knight boss battle.
    I know, I know the camera is setup pretty stupid but you can see pretty good what is going on and also hear the boss theme pretty well happy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:08 am

New beta video, enjoy! big grin

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE1MzgyMTgw.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE1MzA3MjMy.html

Spoiler:
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:05 am

Juutas wrote:New beta video, enjoy! big grin

Spoiler:
    Concerning the spoiler, did you specifically see it? I'm unable to watch the video at the moment.

Spoiler:
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:53 pm

UPDATE 1st October 2013:
    4 new vids of gameplay of the Dark Souls II BETA aka Network Test Version.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 31 21-dark-souls-ii-network-test-2

There are several japanese beta videos over the internet but these 4 are the best I've seen. They are pure gameplay, by real people, not devs or anything.

Vid 1:

Link: https://youtu.be/-2DYBU4aaXA

Vid 2:

Link: https://youtu.be/iQsoMWNF2ZQ

Vid 3:

Link: https://youtu.be/q1w8AXUoDvM

Vid 4:

Link: https://youtu.be/hUSRQL11mBg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/DarkSoulsGame
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:27 am

The Letter X wrote:
    Juutas wrote:New beta video, enjoy! big grin

Spoiler:
    Concerning the spoiler, did you specifically see it? I'm unable to watch the video at the moment.

Spoiler:
    I have watched the part now over and over again and we speculated this with my friend and he thinks it's not a ring, but just very high agility roll aaaaand I'm maybe starting to learn towards that too since the black phantom was VERY fast in running and rolling movement all together.
    Since the video is so bad quality it's hard to see if the roll is actually a cartwheel, but at least it looks very much like one
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:39 am

Anyone else has videos I should add to: http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-2-beta-video-collection/
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:17 am

CaligoIllioneus wrote:Dialogues:
    http://pastie.org/pastes/8364217/text?key=rjfvpxfaxra8ncnc6ztwmq
    http://pastie.org/pastes/8364219/text?key=nnfb05qs2ls9bk0mcg8iq

Item descriptions:
    http://pastie.org/pastes/8364221/text?key=y650snjyxh9prjna310xfq
    After reading the game text... these are the spells I can guess at. 

Sorceries:

Miracles:

Pyromancies:

Hexes/Dark Magic:

Listed Rings:

I also have a few pretty strong assumptions about a bit of lore and details, but I'll keep those to myself for now.

Also: New translated stat page http://www.gameranx.com/img/13-Sep/darksouls2stats.jpg

They're definitely throwing an interesting curve ball here.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:19 am

Looking at that star screen I reckon the pvp level is only going to shoot up
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:56 pm

likely mentioned elsewhere but cant find hide nor hair of it. . . so

one of the videos release recently shows the temple knight using a sunlight spear. . stabbing it into a dark magic using chap. . 
    so does this suggest the return of the warriors of sunlight cov?

. . .could there be the slightest chance of a cameo from 'a' sunbro? i do hope so.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Examining one of the boss fights, I must say I like how it progresses:
    Boss Examination:
    I really hope they take their time to create more unique bosses (as in, non-Demon Souls copies *Cough* Gwyndolin *Cough*), I really wanted a boss fight of this kind.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Seignar wrote:
    I really hope they take their time to create more unique bosses (as in, non-Demon Souls copies *Cough* Gwyndolin *Cough*), I really wanted a boss fight of this kind.
    I really hope they still have an epic 1vs1 Swordsman Duel, no gimmicks, no special mechanics .

Just you, the final Boss and your skill .

I always liked that theme .
    I hope you cannot Parry>Riposte though .

Oh wait, which boss were you talking about ?
    There wasn't a fight like Gwyndolins in Demons .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am