Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Fayt
    Fayt

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 30 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Fayt Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Fayt wrote:
    Also P2
    The Estus Animation takes longer
    Phantoms can use Estus and possibly find Loot from Enemies
    I estimate that the Phantom Timer is around 10 Minutes (they were killing a lot of Enmies)
    Also noticed that the stones of healing healed really really slowly. I wonder if there is a difference in healing speed between different sized stones, or is it just the amount.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 30 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Marino. Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Fayt wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    Fayt wrote:
    Also P2
    The Estus Animation takes longer
    Phantoms can use Estus and possibly find Loot from Enemies
    I estimate that the Phantom Timer is around 10 Minutes (they were killing a lot of Enmies)
    Also noticed that the stones of healing healed really really slowly. I wonder if there is a difference in healing speed between different sized stones, or is it just the amount.
    Definately, there were lots of types of Grass in Demons too .

It seems From finally found a good way to handle Healing .
    In Demons you could just eat Grass and restore all of your Health really fast even when you're surrounded by Enemies .

I really like the Stones, and they seem to be a common drop, he got 3 or so of them from an Enemy .

Also Humanity seems to work like the Ephermal Eye Stones in Demons .
    They restore your Human Form without having to rest at a Bonfire, but it doesn't heal you like in Darks . However i didn't see Humanity greyed out when he was Human, maybe there is more to it ?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Damn it I've got to stop watching these videos otherwise I'll spoil that first time experience. I'm really happy with what I've seen so far, the combat looks tight as ever. I've deleted my videos and hopefully my current drunkness will let me forget enemy locations while also feeling satisfied that this game is going to be another massive improvement over the Souls series.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:33 pm

It certainly looks to be an improvement. The AI is better in terms of NPC teamwork (the two rouges kept flanking the player), the summons use estus, but don't get yours, plus, you get to see the HP of the summons and know their locations to go help without wandering around forever.
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Also red phantoms! devil  And that wasn't an invader either. I wonder if those sorts of enemies will just sorta show up out of the blue (well, red I suppose) or if this means the return of the Gravelords or something akin to them?
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Absolutely spetacular, they really got the ideia, the game looks so great, all aspects of the gameplay seem to be improved, awesome.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:14 am

Some more beta footage winking:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE1MzI5NzQ4.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE1MzMxMjYw.html
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:05 am

Here is another. I hope I didn't repeat something already posted. I did look. happy

edit: Hope I didn't post this in the wrong place.
    edit2: Feel free to delete this post. Ex Serv posted this and another here. Thanks Ex Serv. I'll be more careful next time. happy

Phenetylaminos
    Phenetylaminos

Post by Phenetylaminos Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:39 am

lol why does the head of the character playing the video tilt back like that in both video's? Makes it look like a ragdoll, does anyone else see this, it happens mostly when running..
    Phenetylaminos
    Phenetylaminos

Post by Phenetylaminos Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:41 am

or him just realised it's a him, look kinda retarded:laughing:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 am

I could only watch a few minutes...

But holy hell it looks good.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 am

Yep, aside from the Beta Animations it looks great .
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 am

Oh, yeah! I'm excited! Skare.

@ Phene: There seemed to be a lot of odd player movements but most seemed to be player newbie stuff. I'm gonna watch again to see what you saw.

@ Marino: Haha! I gotta familiarize myself with this section. You posted the vid too. Nice! I won't be "jumping in" again until I know whats what. blushing 

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:57 am

graphics extracted from network test:

https://imgur.com/a/9L1gP#10

EDIT: and yes, THERE IS BEARDS!!!Praise the Sun

Last edited by Juutas on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 am

Juutas wrote:graphics extracted from network test:

https://imgur.com/a/9L1gP#10
    Nice! Thanks. big grin
    Phenetylaminos
    Phenetylaminos

Post by Phenetylaminos Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:Oh, yeah! I'm excited! Skare.

@ Phene: There seemed to be a lot of odd player movements but most seemed to be player newbie stuff. I'm gonna watch again to see what you saw.

@ Marino: Haha! I gotta familiarize myself with this section. You posted the vid too. Nice! I won't be "jumping in" again until I know whats what. blushing 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-2DYBU4aaXA

this video at 4:41 look how awkward the head moves. looks awesome for the rest though
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am

I'm making a compilation here: http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-2-beta-video-collection/

You can log in there and post in the comments if you want me to add more please big grin
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:14 am

I posted it on Twitter if that's okay with you, Fex .
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:14 am

FexDS wrote:I'm making a compilation here: http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-2-beta-video-collection/

You can log in there and post in the comments if you want me to add more please big grin
    Can you get the footage from the chinese site there somehow? I'm still having a lot of trouble getting the site to work properly :/

(These: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE1MzI5NzQ4.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE1MzMxMjYw.html)
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:17 am

I added the youku videos juutas happy

Marino did you mean you tweeted us the videos?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 am

FexDS wrote:I'm making a compilation here: http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-2-beta-video-collection/

Will do Fex! big grin 
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:20 am

No, i'm just trying to spread this link to Fextralife around .
    http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-2-beta-video-collection/
    ExServ
    ExServ

Post by ExServ Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 am

Have you seen this on reddit ?

i must warn you this COULD be the biggest Spoiler yet.

this guy claims to have found a wall of texte made of in game item descriptions, and as we all know this is where the story really happens.

read it at your own risk, i prefer to wait a bit longer.

FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:25 am

Ofc Marino!

Please share every article you find interesting as much as you can! The more people that become aware of the site the more contributors and more hits for our community big grin
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:26 am

ExServ wrote:Have you seen this on reddit ?

i must warn you this COULD be the biggest Spoiler yet.

this guy claims to have found a wall of texte made of in game item descriptions, and as we all know this is where the story really happens.

read it at your own risk, i prefer to wait a bit longer.

Whoa....that was unexpected o___O

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 pm