DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Back Lot Basher on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, if the news and the trailer generate interest from people anxious to try DkS, you know what that means? We need to all dust off our low level builds and get out there co-opping in the Burg and Parish...make sure all the newbies have some help from tour guides who can also fend off griefers!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:You missed the point man (calucio)!

I'm totally in agreement with you about why DKS is awesome, my point is that you are drawing speculations from a CGI trailer, the same kind they had for both previous Souls games, and you seem to already think that your speculations are facts.

Take a gander at this:

"HawkMirage and 9 more Reply
    Never played the other one, heard great things about it. Should I go back and try to play it? And what platforms is this one gonna be on?

Astrokid248 and 8 more Reply
    I've never heard of Dark Souls, but the knight looks like medieval Boba Fett. I'm gonna go get the first game now."

These are comments from some news site that was hosting the trailer. THIS was the point of the trailer, to get people interested.

*runs off to make a griefing build*

Hahaha, FRESH MEAT!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Well, if the news and the trailer generate interest from people anxious to try DkS, you know what that means? We need to all dust off our low level builds and get out there co-opping in the Burg and Parish...make sure all the newbies have some help from tour guides who can also fend off griefers!

Praise the Sun! I gave you a special goodie point for that. A helpful Sunbro companion might be all a hesitant newcomer needs to get the addiction.
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:44 pm

dianaduh wrote:
    I personally am the sort of person who likes to be
    more direct than subtle, [Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward
    and more understandable.” We sympathise if that sort of statement
    concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would
    all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder
    Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but it’s
    certainly a noble task.
    says Tomohiro Shibuy.
    This is getting me really disappointed.

That actually makes sense, the trailer looks a lot like Skyrim. Why would they want to make something similar to Elder Scrolls? I hate those games and if the new one is inspired by it I won't be playing it at all.

I really loved the subtlety of the story, if they ruin that they will be losing a fan.
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:53 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:Well, if the news and the trailer generate interest from people anxious to try DkS, you know what that means? We need to all dust off our low level builds and get out there co-opping in the Burg and Parish...make sure all the newbies have some help from tour guides who can also fend off griefers!

Praise the Sun! I gave you a special goodie point for that. A helpful Sunbro companion might be all a hesitant newcomer needs to get the addiction.

Thanks bro...I always remember the first time I got the nerve to summon people (in Demon's). It was such a relief having people to lead you to points of interest, or demonstrate how to approach certain areas. And DkS is so rife with griefers, that it's nice to give people a friendly face to "take a bullet" if necessary.
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:18 pm

You mean that new players know how to turn human so you can summon people for coop?

Where does the game explain this? Oh wait, it doesn't.

I've never summoned a new player in the burg. Always super pros who roll backstab Havel 100 times.

I'm actually for having a much better tutorial. People need to know basic stuff like "Turn human to do coop".

Oh and I'm SUPER HYPED about there being a server again. There is so much more coop/pvp stuff they can do with a server. I think that is the reason for doing it. Imagine Gravelording actually working.

But the reason number one thing I want? Be able to coop/PvP with whoever you want whenever you want. That to me is more accessible without ruining anything.

Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:30 pm

defacto wrote:You mean that new players know how to turn human so you can summon people for coop?

Where does the game explain this? Oh wait, it doesn't.

I've never summoned a new player in the burg. Always super pros who roll backstab Havel 100 times.

I'm actually for having a much better tutorial. People need to know basic stuff like "Turn human to do coop".

Oh and I'm SUPER HYPED about there being a server again. There is so much more coop/pvp stuff they can do with a server. I think that is the reason for doing it. Imagine Gravelording actually working.

But the reason number one thing I want? Be able to coop/PvP with whoever you want whenever you want. That to me is more accessible without ruining anything.

Totally agree with you here. I wonder how many people picked the game up only to say "What do you mean I can't summon my friend without jumping through 100 hoops??" Accessibility isn't necessarily about making the game easier...

Neowraith - Scarred Lord

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:35 pm

I think the thing I hope for most is that they don't put any cheats in. I'm sure they did the bb glitch for themselves, thinking it'd never get to us, but it will ALWAYS get to us somehow. If there's a way to cheat, gamers will find and use it. I really hope they don't do anything like that.

Dark Souls would be even better than it is if the Dragon Head and BB glitches had never existed. Hopefully they learned from DeS and DkS.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    Macromute

Post by Macromute on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:20 pm

If it's not hard, challenging, and mysterious...then I won't be happy.
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Might be the only one that is glad they went with a numerical sequel instead of something proper ironic.

Dark souls: Soul Tanning

@_@ I don't know..

PS3: SipuraEin
    Raptr Forum Signature
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:36 pm

I suddenly realised why I'm still on the wiki after going to the official Dark Souls Facebook page.
    I'd advise against going there.
    Man...

Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Damn, people. So many pessimists around here.

Yes, new director and new people working on the game can be a bad thing. But it can also be an extremely beneficial thing for the series and for us. I'm disgusted by the people who automatically assume that a new director talking about making the game more accessible means that we're going to get an Assassin's Creed game made by a japanese dev.

How much exactly can we deduce based on a CGI teaser trailer? I would say almost nothing. Based on the trailer I would say that there's mountains, dragons and actually human body proportions. That's it.

Miyazaki is supervising the game. Him being no longer in direct control over the design process doesn't mean what some of you think. Mr. Miyazaki is supervising the development. Do you even know what that means? That means that the game will not become what Miyazaki doesn't want it to become. If his opinion and input wasn't valued, why would he be put as supervisor? Most likely he himself wanted someone to put on his shoes while he makes sure that they don't mess up.

And next, the stuff that the people at Edge said. It's astounding how many doomsayers interpreted the phrase "We hope it will attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls" as "We hope it will become like The Elder Scrolls game in terms of content". I have two things to say about that. First off, it means (unless you can't read) that they hope it will become as recognizable and sell as many copies as ie. Skyrim. Why would that be such a bad thing? And the second thing; it wasn't even a statement made by Fromsoft. The person who wrote that article is the person who made that comment.

Do we really want a Dark Souls 1.25 or 1.5? I'd say no. We want the food that we love presented on a different platter and with a different touch on it. Again, all of you who think that based on one vaguely action-oriented CGI teaser and a new director you could just assert that the game is going to be horrible, please grow a better brain.

One last thing, I don't remember if it was this thread or some other site where I read this, but someone made a statement about pictures telling a thousand words and rhetorically asking how many does a 1 minute teaser tell. Immediately after I read that I facepalmed with both hands. If you are reading this, stop being stupid and think about it. Think about how incredibly moronic that statement was and try to remember why you typed that. I can't even explain in words how laughable that statement is without making this post two or even three times longer.

Peace.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Aevun wrote:Damn, people. stop being stupid. Peace.
    Edited for irony brevity. It's exciting news, people react (and overreact). Can't be helped, as there are 5 stages of excitement that come from the announcement of a Souls game. Just focus on the posts you approve of and try to ignore the others.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm excited to learn more about the game. Not much could be ascertained from the trailer, and I think people need to reserve judgement until we start getting actual facts about the game. I think the trailer was really cool personally, but that doesn't mean that the game will be great, nor does it mean it will be horrible. I think we should all just wait for some more solid info to come out before we start saying yay or nay.

Xbox - Menace238769
    Steam - BartholomewWenceslas
    GFWL - Gravenhime

Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:28 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Aevun wrote:Damn, people. stop being stupid. Peace.
    Edited for irony brevity. It's exciting news, people react (and overreact). Can't be helped, as there are 5 stages of excitement that come from the announcement of a Souls game. Just focus on the posts you approve of and try to ignore the others.

Those three statements are actually quite ironic silly

My point though is that people shouldn't judge a book by an extremely low-resolution picture of it's cover. This trailer tells us almost nothing and it's disheartening to see half the people in this thread not realise this, considering that this community is known for it's awesomeness.
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:38 pm

BartholomewWenceslas wrote:I'm excited to learn more about the game. Not much could be ascertained from the trailer, and I think people need to reserve judgement until we start getting actual facts about the game. I think the trailer was really cool personally, but that doesn't mean that the game will be great, nor does it mean it will be horrible. I think we should all just wait for some more solid info to come out before we start saying yay or nay.

I find it funny that people are putting so much stock in a CGI REVEAL TEASER! I'd be willing to bet most if not all of it is footage that won't be in the game at all! Its only reason for release is to let us know that its coming out...and thats IT! I'm suspending all other judgements until I see more in-game footage and *gasp* actual gameplay before i draw any conclusions at all.

Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:01 pm

callipygias wrote: Can't be helped, as there are 5 stages of excitement that come from the announcement of a Souls game. Just focus on the posts you approve of and try to ignore the others.

1. Denial
    2. Anger
    3. Bargaining
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance

Sounds about right. Prepare to die and all that.
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:I find it funny that people are putting so much stock in a CGI REVEAL TEASER! I'd be willing to bet most if not all of it is footage that won't be in the game at all! Its only reason for release is to let us know that its coming out...and thats IT! I'm suspending all other judgements until I see more in-game footage and *gasp* actual gameplay before i draw any conclusions at all.

Historically that's not how the Souls series has worked. The trailers have strongly reflected the gameplay and, in the case of Dark Souls, had a significant account of the story as well. I could see your point with just about any other game though.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 am

the only thing im judging is how good chracters might look in the three armor sets shown in the trailer (the knights, the hockey mask assasins, and the robe the lady wears)

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 am

I'm convinced that this trailers tells a lot, you will se that when they start releasing more data of The Elder Souls.

Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:04 am

carlucio wrote:I'm convinced that this trailers tells a lot, you will se that when they start releasing more data of The Elder Souls.

I'm gonna have to become condescending.

Are you functionally illiterate? Nobody said or even implied that the game will become Skyrim 2. The quite says "We hope that DkS2 will attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls". How the f*** can you interpret that as "We hope that this game will be like TES"?!

First off: It says that they hope that the game will become as recognizable as The Elder Scrolls games.

Second thing: It's not even Fromsoft that said that! It was the preson at Edge magazine who wrote the article and make that statement!

For f***s sake it is really f*****g annoying when someone just asserts something based on no evidence. Use your brain or get out of here!

Textual outburst over.
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 am

Hey, hey people easy with the down rep...

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:17 am

Aevun wrote:
    carlucio wrote:I'm convinced that this trailers tells a lot, you will se that when they start releasing more data of The Elder Souls.

I'm gonna have to become condescending.

Are you functionally illiterate? Nobody said or even implied that the game will become Skyrim 2. The quite says "We hope that DkS2 will attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls". How the f*** can you interpret that as "We hope that this game will be like TES"?!

First off: It says that they hope that the game will become as recognizable as The Elder Scrolls games.

Second thing: It's not even Fromsoft that said that! It was the preson at Edge magazine who wrote the article and make that statement!

For f***s sake it is really f*****g annoying when someone just asserts something based on no evidence. Use your brain or get out of here!

Textual outburst over.

Yo, dude, calm down ._. . Don't burn someone's butt just cuz of their opinion.

PSN: Xach_Attack
    MagisterM

Post by MagisterM on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:22 am

Really?

I genuinely believe they were just riffing on already made comparisons between the two games. The comparisons between the two have been out since they launched in November last year. 'What should I get Dark Souls or Skyrim?' 'Which is the better game? Skyrim or Dark Souls'. 'Skyrim sold more than Dark Souls so it's a better game' etc. etc. I mean, even Edge is playing up comparisons between the two.

It's just a marketing strategy. I feel that the snow peak battle with the dragon is deliberately similar in this trailer to the first Skyrim trailer - BUT in Dark Souls 2 the protagonist gets annihilated by the dragon, he is not the hero like in Skyrim who slays it with ease. It attempts to appeal to a wider audience (those who played Skyrim and gave DS a miss) while remaining true to the core aspects of Dark Souls: death, the protagonist gets destroyed. Prepare to die.

There are things to be taken from the trailer that look great - the scope and scale of exploration. The design of the world. The combat in the trailer reminds me of the Demon's Souls trailer. It's more cinematic because of how far the series has come - it's only natural to have a more polished, narratively structured, CGI trailer. They want to open up the appeal of the game to a wider audience so people new to the series can get involved in a trailer they can relate to more. That may be why there is a greater focus on character in the trailer.

How much of this trailer will speak true of the gameplay and story, we do not know yet. We'll have to wait for more information. Change can be good. At the very least, we'll still have the pleasant memories of Demon's and Dark Souls.

But with Miyazaki supervising, and the FromSoft team, I have hope.

Keep the faith! Praise the Sun

Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:33 am

XachAttack wrote:
    Aevun wrote:
    carlucio wrote:Snip
    Snip

Yo, dude, calm down ._. . Don't burn someone's butt just cuz of their opinion.

Sorry about the textual outburst, but you really need to realise that making premature judgements based on some vague hints is not productive. We just got an announcement teaser and people are already being humongous pessimists about the game. We're surely a year away from release at least. The game is going to change, whether it's for the better or for the worse remains to be seen. People should just remain neutral about this and look forward to new information.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:32 am